Dev Blog GeoTracker stats

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Khaos

Re: Dev Blog GeoTracker stats

Post by Khaos »

Bara wrote: Germany (DE) ...........1,107 ....... 72 million
Actually it's 82 million...
...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.
~~~~~
Isn't a realist just the word for what the cynic calls himself?
Bara

Post by Bara »

Khaos wrote:
Bara wrote: Germany (DE) ...........1,107 ....... 72 million
Actually it's 82 million...
Wow! 10 million here.... 10 million there.... pretty soon it starts to add up to real numbers. :D

Thanks for the correction. I have no real trust in the numbers I pulled off the internet.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
gotryfag

Post by gotryfag »

Aura wrote:If you look down the list, both Finland and Singapore beat everyone in top 6 except Japan on hits/population (and so does the last one on the list, Saint Pierre and Miquelon)
The part with Finland might be a consequence of having kuvalauta.fi /a/ board swamped with KS threads half the time. That, and Finland is a haven for the creepy internet nerds. It's in our blood, you see. Every fin is born with a commodore in one hand and a guide for unix in the other. Or a hand-axe and a deer skull.

It's weird though. Finland is a nation of barely 5 million and pretty much everywhere you go on the net you can find at least one other.
Bara

Post by Bara »

gotryfag wrote:
Aura wrote:If you look down the list, both Finland and Singapore beat everyone in top 6 except Japan on hits/population (and so does the last one on the list, Saint Pierre and Miquelon)
The part with Finland might be a consequence of having kuvalauta.fi /a/ board swamped with KS threads half the time. That, and Finland is a haven for the creepy internet nerds. It's in our blood, you see. Every fin is born with a commodore in one hand and a guide for unix in the other. Or a hand-axe and a deer skull.

It's weird though. Finland is a nation of barely 5 million and pretty much everywhere you go on the net you can find at least one other.
Yoiks! Well you managed to creep me out anyway. Now to self-administer enough rum to remove the images from my mind of penguins with laptops in one hand...errrr flipper, hand axes in the other , and wearing deer skulls on their heads. Forget the 80 proof; this requires the 151 proof rum. :wink:

And you say there are 4,9999,999 other Fins just like you out there? :twisted:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

gotryfag wrote:That, and Finland is a haven for the creepy internet nerds. It's in our blood, you see. Every fin is born with a commodore in one hand and a guide for unix in the other.
Awesome! Sounds like I'd fit in over there.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Bara

Post by Bara »

gotryfag wrote:
Bara wrote: Well, gotryfag, I used to think about the same as you untill I realised that it sucks everywhere just as much.
No it doesn't, there are plenty of places where things are better. That's like saying that every place is as bad as fucking Russia. But you're an American, so what would you know, eh? Heh...
Ehh, I only know that no one can outrun their dissatifaction. Changing places doesn't change you.
gotryfag wrote:
Bara wrote:Sad isn't it. Now I really want something to drink.
Well if you prefer that. I'd like a joint, me.

But I'm moving out of here as soon as I can. Well, supposing my studies turn out well. I hear that Switzerland is running lots of interesting neurobiology projects.
Good luck on your studies.

Bara

Post by Bara »

I noticed new numbers so I'm throwing them up for my own amusement.

Japan (JP) ..............24,909 ...127 mil ... .01963% ... 1st .. .00097
United States (US) .....21,830 ...305 mil ... .00715% ... 3rd .. .00198
Canada (CA) .............3,057 ..33.5 mil ... .00912% ... 2nd .. .00248
United Kingdom (GB) ...2,479 ....61 mil ... .00406% ... 5th .. .0011
Germany (DE) ...........1,489 ....82 mil ... .00181% ... 6th .. .00028
Australia (AU) ...........1,418 ..21.2 mil ... .00668% ... 4th .. .00165

the last number is the result of subtracting the previous percentage from the current to give an indication of velocity of change.

(Oh damn, I just realised Germanys numbers are screwed up since the population number used to calculate percentage are different by 10 million. Well, I'm not going back and redoing this. Maybe I'll just re figure DE alone. Meh, maybe not.) :lol: