Katawa Shoujo PS2

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

alexroses47

Katawa Shoujo PS2

Post by alexroses47 »

Yes, I know that in these times when everything, even the refrigerator, has more power than a PS2, it might not make much sense for such a port.

However, it gives me the impression that it could enable a myriad of advantages, like playing on newer PlayStation consoles. However, with no technical knowledge whatsoever, I would like to know how difficult such a project could be.

And, of course, what do you think about it?

Siphonata

Re: Katawa Shoujo PS2

Post by Siphonata »

If PSVita and Android ports can exist, then I suppose a backport to the PS2 would be doable, and also be interesting to see. And since it's a visual novel, it wouldn't take up as much space and processing power as most other games, especially since Katawa Shoujo has no 3D models and it wasn't designed to push the PS2 to it's limits in terms of visual graphics and effects.

"Punishment is not the answer. Punishment is easy. It's lazy. Redemption is hard. Redemption makes you work."-Skulduggery Pleasant

Siphonata's One Stop Shop: Entrance Here

hdkv
new forum host for the next 15 years

Post by hdkv »

The main issue is one who'd wanted to bring KS to the PS2 should firstly port a Python and RenPy to the console. After doing this porting an actual game would be possible.

I provide tech support for this forum. Ping me by email, Discord or DM.
forums changelog
Fleeting Heartbeat Studios: site, Discord.

Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

It might be possible with a Linux version, given that there was an official Linux kit for the PS2.

Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself