Issue with videos and transitions.

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
jera

Issue with videos and transitions.

Post by jera »

Hello! First of all, I am on Arch Linux x86_64.

So, this post is regarding the new video encoding introduced in v1.4.4, I think. Everything worked correctly, until I updated. After that, my text speed is at max by default, cinema was emptied and some videos didn't work. For some reason, the first initial cutscenes seem to work, but then some later videos and the transition with the logo just kick me to the main menu.

I am mainly asking for the format in which the videos are encoded in and their codec, but if there's any additional information, that might help as well.

I really have no idea what's going on here. I tried reinstalling from flatpak with "Keep data" on, but that didn't help. I have not tried to reinstall with a manual data backup.

Thank you! :D

hdkv
new forum host for the next 15 years

Re: Issue with videos and transitions.

Post by hdkv »

I assume you're talking about Katawa Shoujo: Re-Engineered. I'll pass your bug report to our team and we will return shortly with the answer.

I provide tech support for this forum. Ping me by email, Discord or DM.
forums changelog
Fleeting Heartbeat Studios: site, Discord.

hdkv
new forum host for the next 15 years

Post by hdkv »

For some reason, the first initial cutscenes seem to work, but then some later videos and the transition with the logo just kick me to the main menu.

If you're trying to continue playing with save files from before 1.4.4, I have a bad news for you: Ren'Py is very picky on updates and they tend to break save files from previous game versions easily. If you're in a middle of a playthrough, you may want to avoid updates until you finish playing.

I provide tech support for this forum. Ping me by email, Discord or DM.
forums changelog
Fleeting Heartbeat Studios: site, Discord.

jera

Post by jera »

hdkv wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:31 am

For some reason, the first initial cutscenes seem to work, but then some later videos and the transition with the logo just kick me to the main menu.

If you're trying to continue playing with save files from before 1.4.4, I have a bad news for you: Ren'Py is very picky on updates and they tend to break save files from previous game versions easily. If you're in a middle of a playthrough, you may want to avoid updates until you finish playing.

Oh, alright. Thank you so much for letting me know! :D