Arrhythmia & Coffein

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Arrhythmia & Coffein

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Saw a video earlier about the case of a woman with arrhythmia who died after drinking a (heavily) caffeinated lemonade and the legal ramifications.

I don't know either the drink or the company, and I can't judge whether or not they did enough to warn about the content of their drink, but imo if the woman really was as careful about what she ingested as her relatives claim she would have looked it up before she signed up for their "Unlimited Sip Club"... Seems there would have been plenty of opportunities to do so.

The video also contains a very informative segment about what Arrhythmia and Long QT syndrome are.

Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Oddball

Re: Arrhythmia & Coffein

Post by Oddball »

a woman with arrhythmia who died after drinking a (heavily) caffeinated lemonade

Fanfic writers are reading this thinking "How can I use this?"

Not Dead Yet
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Oddball wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:06 pm

a woman with arrhythmia who died after drinking a (heavily) caffeinated lemonade

Fanfic writers are reading this thinking "How can I use this?"

My thought exactly :lol:

Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

Mirage_GSM wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:34 pm

Saw a video earlier about the case of a woman with arrhythmia who died after drinking a (heavily) caffeinated lemonade and the legal ramifications.

I don't know either the drink or the company, and I can't judge whether or not they did enough to warn about the content of their drink, but imo if the woman really was as careful about what she ingested as her relatives claim she would have looked it up before she signed up for their "Unlimited Sip Club"... Seems there would have been plenty of opportunities to do so.

The video also contains a very informative segment about what Arrhythmia and Long QT syndrome are.

100% the "she was very careful about what she's doing all the time" story from her relatives is made up to point the company behind the beverage as guilty in this story. Every people with heart diseases who have seen a doctor once in their lives know that caffeine is insanely bad for their heart. And for them, it's common knowledge.

Lilly = Akira > Miki = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Stuff I'm currently writing : Beyond the haze : A Lilly Satou pseudo-route, Lullaby of an open heart : A Saki pseudo-route & Sakura Blossom : A way with Hisao
nl4real

Post by nl4real »

A second lawsuit from another death: https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/05/business ... index.html

On October 9, Brown, who had a mild intellectual disability and blurry vision along with developmental delay but lived independently, ordered a charged lemonade and is believed to have refilled his cup twice over the course of about an hour and a half, the suit said. He suffered a cardiac event on his walk home and was pronounced dead at the scene when found unresponsive.

It'll be interesting to see how the bolded part shakes out in court. The

Personally, I just don't get why you'd sell an that much caffeine in a single drink anyway.