Hex Girls - Halloween One-Shot (Shizune)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

ToothedYew006

Hex Girls - Halloween One-Shot (Shizune)

Post by ToothedYew006 »

“Wednesday, October 31st. The school hallways are crowded for the holiday. Even with the rain. Hidden in the chaos are the women, waiting to strike like snakes. And I'm there too. Watching. 2 years of nights have turned me into a nocturnal animal. I must choose my targets carefully. It's a big school. I can't be everywhere. But they don't know where I am. We have a signal now, for when I'm needed. When that light hits the sky, it's not just a call- it's a warning. To them. Fear is a tool. They think I'm hiding in the shadows. But I AM the shadows. I wish I could say I'm making a difference, but I don't know. Murder, robberies, assault- 2 years later, they're all up. And now this. This school is eating itself. Maybe it can't be saved, but I have to try. PUSH MYSELF. These nights all roll together in a rush, Behind the mask. Sometimes in the morning I have to force myself to remember everything that happened.”

I get out of the shower, glancing in Kenji’s direction. I have no idea what he’s saying to himself and quite frankly I don’t care to know. Is that eye makeup? It’s too early in the morning to deal with this. Walking back into my room the familiar sight of beige and pills on the counter greet me. The only difference this morning is a pile of clothes greeting me on the end of the bed. It was not there when I went to the shower.

A plain black dress shirt complete with a dark vest that includes silver details with a red scarf to hang in place of a tie. Not to forget the old fashioned black tailcoat and the tight looking pants to match. Best of all, right on top of the pile is a set of fake vampire teeth that will be sure to be a pain to wear all day. I take a deep breath and sigh. Still not sure how Shizune convinced the school to let us have a Halloween Party, but I’m sure it had to do with the extra funding her dad promised this year. I get that she wanted to do one last big thing before turning over to the next council but does she really expect me to wear this?

Yes, yes she does.

At least I have her costume to look forward to. Still not exactly sure what it was, but she did mention it’d be close to as embarrassing as mine. I put on the clothes and go to the bathroom to stare at myself in the mirror. Not exactly as bad as I thought it might be. Time to head over then.

As I make my way towards the auditorium I start to see more and more students dressed up. The amount is beyond my initial expectations for the event, but Shizune has had us hard at work promoting it for the past few weeks. It’s actually quite interesting the type of costumes that some students are wearing. Some are regular costumes bought at the store, but others people have chosen and built around their various disabilities. Mika for example somehow had the time to build a complete Seamus costume. It works perfectly for her. As I get closer to the auditorium I can start to hear the music coming and see more costumes.

A lot of the guys chose generic anime costumes, such as Naruto and Hunter x Hunter. By the auditorium door I see a girl getting yelled at by a teacher. Ah I see why. She’s dressed in a very accurate costume of that girl from Death Note I think it was. I move past them and enter the auditorium which the student council has worked on all week. Purple and black streamers hang across the ceiling, various corners are filled with fake cobwebs. We even got lucky and were able to install a few skeletons on the walls and “serving” the tables. The tables filling half of the room were a pain to get in here, especially since no one wanted to help us carry them. Other clubs were generous in lending stuff however, I will give them that. Concert lights from the music club, the refreshments provided by class 3-2, and various photo zones set up by the newspaper club. Quite an impressive accomplishment by Shizune to get all of this coordinated.

Speaking of, I start to move in search of her. As I start to walk past the various crowds forming I run into someone from class.

“Hey In- Naomi. How are you enjoying things?”

“Is that you, Hisao? It’s a little hard to tell with these glasses on. Can you tell what I’m supposed to be?”

I look at her and see a fedora with a piece of paper on the cap, dark sunglasses, and a long trench coat over a tie and shirt.

“The glasses are throwing me off, but I’m assuming an old time journalist?”

She beams with pride. “Not just any journalist Hisao, a muckraker!” After I blink in confusion she continues. “They were the ones who really propelled investigative journalism in the early 1900s. People fought to expose corruption and unjust actors. Just like I did with Shizune, lucky for her she kept a tight ship. Although last year's surprise resignation from Lilly did boost sales a little bit at least. I still remember the title. “Cousins fight as one is ousted in ugly power struggle!”

“Hey wait a minute, I talked to both of them before and that’s not what happened at all!”

With that she turns around and spurts off. “Sorry Hisao, I forgot I have an exclusive interview right now!”

I can’t believe some people. Not even my school newspaper was that bad. I continue towards the refreshments table. On it sits various drinks and appetizers. Bread made to look red, onigiri in the shape of eyeballs with sesame seeds as the iris. They did a good job setting this up. I grab some tea and head off to find Shizune. As I’m walking I hear Misha’s laugh faintly and turn my head in that direction. Something light hits my foot and I turn back.

“Lilly?”

Her head turns slightly in my direction. Lilly is wearing a dark red dress that exposes the legs as it tapers towards the center with what appears to be a red wig. On her neck is a bat necklace with two small shawls around her shoulders and a big matching one on the waist. Her arms also include gloves that go from her elbow towards her middle finger.

“Hisao, is that you?” Her face is ever so slightly constrained as she looks nervous.

“Yeah it’s me Lilly, you look nice.”

“Oh thank you Hisao, I was having doubts after Shizune picked this out for me.”

“You let her pick that for you? I’m impressed you would agree with something like that.” My eyes open wide in response.

“It was only because Misha convinced me. I’m still impressed a girl that nice is best friends with Shizune. I figured her, aggressive personality would have pushed her away” She pauses as she speaks. “But that is not the matter at hand. Hisao, have you seen Hanako?”

“No I haven’t. Is she not with you? I’m surprised she even came here.”

“Well she was. I had to help one of my classmates finish setting up the refreshments table and I lost her. Hanako was actually excited about coming here. Apparently, she loves dressing up. It helps her if she pretends to be someone else. She’s dressed up as a character from a cartoon that’s popular in the west. He has a burn scar and she was excited to see him.”

“In that case let’s go look for her.”

“Would it be possible for you to guide me?” She held out her hand. In response I put my arm into her hand.

“Let’s go this way”

We started to walk through the floor. Knowing Hanako, without Lilly she probably went to the area with the lowest number of people. Looking across the crowd, I can see a break towards the wall by speakers. There. I guide Lilly towards the room and spot Hanako with someone next to her. It’s another girl but I am not sure-

“Oh no.” I stop a little bit and look towards Lilly.

“What is it?”

“I uh, found Hanako. And someone is with her.” She looked at me with a quizzical expression.

“That’s good right? Is it someone from the newspaper club?”

“Not exactly. It’s Rin.”

“Oh. I believe we should hurry over then.”

As we hurry over I hear part of their conversation.

“It looks great, but the scar is on the wrong side.” Rin said with her blank face.

“I c-c-can’t really c-c-change my sc-c-car.” Hanako looked like she was ready to jump away at any moment.

“Hanako? Would you like to try my class’ snacks?” When Hanako heard Lilly she immediately bounced over to her side.

“Y-y-es!” Lilly then turned towards me.

“Thank you for your help, Hisao. Were you looking for Shizune? I apologize for taking your time up. I heard her scolding Emi by the main floor. She was running around scaring students.”

“That sounds like Shizune. Thank’s Lilly.”

“Of course Hisao.”

“Why are you a vampire? Is it because you’re always at Shizune’s neck?” Rin suddenly spoke and I turned towards her. I don’t know who’s face turned more red, mine or Lilly’s.

“What’s your costume Rin?” I asked.
“I’m Rin, but from an alternative universe. See, I have one button undone that the Rin of this universe would wear. That’s how you know I’m not the real me.”

“An entirely new Rin is just one without a button?”

“Yes. It means Emi missed one, and she never misses one. Which means if she missed one when she usually never misses one, then she must be a different Emi. And if Emi is different, then the Rin that got placed next to Emi would also be different. So I am an entirely different Rin because the Emi that dresses me is a different Emi making me different. Now do you understand?” I just nodded my head.

“Uh-huh. I’m going to go look for Shizune.”

I can only imagine how stressful she made Hanako. I started to move towards the last place Lilly said she was. There’s a good chance she’d still be around.

I make my way through the crowd for a few minutes struggling to find her. A shout of laughter alerts me to my right. I see both her and Misha and it explains why I was having trouble to find them. Misha has her hair in a completely different style, teased up and made to look close to an afro. She has a dark purple suit coat on with a tight skirt with matching boots at the bottom.

Shizune is dressed up more than I’ve ever seen. A yellow wig in pigtails combined with green lipstick. A tight green dress that hugs her body, and mid neckline that curves down towards her chest. Never expected the goth look for her but fits her well.

<Hey Shizune. What are these costumes?> She smirks.

<Don’t you know? Look at my teeth.> She opens her mouth and shows matching teeth to me.

<Vampires?> Misha laughs.

“No silly! Haven’t you ever seen Scooby Doo? We’re the hex girls!”

“I can’t say I’ve ever seen it. But why am I a vampire then?”

<Because they pretend to be vampires of course. And I wanted you to dress up.>

<Like this? Really?> Shizune smiles.

“Wahaha of course. She thought you would look very cute.” Shizune’s hands start to fly as she scolds Misha. I look away since it feels like something I shouldn’t see.

Eventually Shizune taps on my shoulder again and I turn towards them. She does a small cough for effect.

<Anyways, Misha has to go help class 3-2 with something. They need a bit of last minute help.>

“Yup! I’ll see you later Hicchan!” With that she turns away, although seemingly in no particular direction. Shizune pushes herself onto my arm, wrapping her arm through.

<Now that you’re finally here,> she says, rolling her eyes, <let’s get somewhere a little less crowded.>

With her attached tight to my arm we make our way towards the door. One of our teachers sees her and looks ready to say something until she recognizes Shizune and stops. We make our way along the empty hallways as the noise dies down. Into a stairway and our footsteps echo as we move up. After a few minutes of quiet we’re out onto the roof. My heart has steadily been beating faster as we move along but I think I know why. The way she’s holding onto my arm and keeps glancing at me is making me nervous, in a good way. She separates herself and looks up at me.

<Hisao, what do you think of my costume?> I thought for a moment, thinking of the best thing to say without getting in trouble.

<It looks great. I never expected you to ever wear something like that. All dressed up and stuff.> That’s the best I could say?

<And stuff? Is that all?> Her eyes sharpen as she stares at me.

<Well no. The makeup looks good on you, the hairstyle does too. You should try it with your regular hair too. The best part is the dress, it a-c-c-e-n-t-u-a-t-e-s your figure.> I laugh a little. < I don’t know that word yet.>

<Like this.> She shows me the word on own then takes my hands and copies the motions. After she keeps her hands entwined in mine. I don’t want to take them out but I want to say more.

She smirks as if reading my mind. Her fingers tracing over mine and feeling every bump and hair. Then her head leans in towards my neck and I tense up - she gently kisses and then nips with her fangs. I pull my hand up and cover it.

<What was that for?>

<I wanted to mess with you a bit. I have these fangs for now, might as well use them.> This time she gives a small laugh.

<I’ll just use mine then.> She puts a finger to my mouth.

<Not right now, but you can later.> She winks. Her face then turns serious as she looks up at me. <Do you know why I like the roof, Hisao?> I shake my head.

<It’s where I first realized my feelings for you. The fireworks at the end of the night after seeing all of the students' hard work come together, it was perfect. There at the end of it all was you, who just came in out of nowhere and helped. Me and Misha could have finished it but it would have meant longer nights and less Shanghai trips.> She smiles and pauses.

<It was hard not too, you practically kidnapped me some days.> I laugh. <But of course wasn’t all bad, I got to spend my days with two cute girls and it kept me busy.> Shizune hits my chest.

<Two? Misha is cute of course but I expected you to call me beautiful at the very least.> Her hands cross and she turns her head up. She’s been having too much fun with this, time to attack her back.

<Shizune. You. Are. The most beautiful girl I’ve ever had the pleasure of laying my eyes on. Every part of you is food that graces my vision. I look at you and my pulse rises by ten. Is it my heart problems or just constantly being around you? I doubt I’ll ever know the difference, I don’t plan on leaving your side. Shizune, I don’t need you to tell me. I love you.> As I finish her face turns beet red and I take my opportunity and push against her lips, a deep passionate kiss that speaks more than our hands ever could. I feel her shoulders relax in my grip. After what feels like minutes I pull away.

She looks back up at me explicitly, wanting more.

<Hisao, I-> Before she finishes I gently bite onto her lower neck. She gasps and then I stop long enough to remove my fake teeth and lower my head once again. But as I do the rooftop door slams open with a kick.

“So you are at Shizune’s neck.” For some reason Rin was walking onto the rooftop, with Emi close behind panicking. Shizune quickly steps aside and straightens up.

“I’m sorry! I told her we should leave but she said something about it being what alternate Rin would do.” For what it’s worth I think regular Rin would do the same thing.

“It’s not your fault Emi, it’s not like you can control her. Rin, why are you coming up here anyways?”

“Since regular Rin eats lunch on the school rooftop, I must eat dinner on the rooftop. Or at least some food I stole from the party earlier.” I breathe a deep sigh.

<That’s a stupid reason to do something.>

“That’s a stupid reason to do something, Shizune says. And I agree.” Rin shrugs.

“Not my problem. Anyways, you can eat here too but alternate Hisao might start a fight if he comes by.”

“Don’t worry Rin, we were just leaving.”

“Were you? Because it looks like you were in the middle of some-” Emi hits Rin in the back of the head.

“Sorry about her. We didn’t see anything. Have a nice Halloween!” She takes Rin by the shoulders and pushes her towards the other side of the rooftop.

<Ah well I guess that’s that. Let’s go find Misha, Shizune.> She takes a moment to think with her shoulders slanted down.

<Sure. Let’s enjoy the rest of the night together inside as one. If we find Lilly we can complete our trio costume as well.>

With that we walked back inside, that instance of romance interrupted, for now.

End

hdkv
new forum host for the next 15 years

Re: Hex Girls - Halloween One-Shot (Shizune)

Post by hdkv »

Rin always comes to the places when no one expect her to.

Nice story!

I provide tech support for this forum. Ping me by email, Discord or DM.
forums changelog
Fleeting Heartbeat Studios: site, Discord.

Siphonata

Post by Siphonata »

This is fun. I really liked the description for the Halloween Party, almost like I was there. Rin's brief interaction with Hanako is interesting as is Alternate Universe Rin. And who could've expected that Scooby Doo reference? The ending of this story was also quite amusing, even if it's a shame that we never got to see Misha and Shizune perform live on stage.

"Punishment is not the answer. Punishment is easy. It's lazy. Redemption is hard. Redemption makes you work."-Skulduggery Pleasant

Siphonata's One Stop Shop: Entrance Here

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

hdkv wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:01 am

Rin always comes to the places when no one expect her to.

Nobody expects the Spanish Rinquisition 8)

Never heard of the Hex girls, though. They probably weren't in the old seasons of Scooby Doo I watched as a kid...

Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ToothedYew006

Post by ToothedYew006 »

They were in the 90s movie Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost! Plus a few modern appearances.