[Release] Katawa Shoujo r7

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

avonder

Re: [Release] Katawa Shoujo r7

Post by avonder »

Erenussocrates wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:31 am Also is there a place where I can follow changelog?
It would really just be "added 3D mode" at this point; no one's reported an issue anywhere yet. Retribution for playtesting for months, undoubtedly.
Eragon

Post by Eragon »

I and some of my friends are all fans of KS but are running into issues recommending the game to people under 18 because we don't want to send explicit content to minors, but want them to be able to enjoy the story of the game still, so we're working on editing out the 18+ scenes in a way a bit more elegant than the base game disable adult content function. We've started work on one version of this, but realized that the r7 version you've made is probably the best version we could hope for to work off of with all of the great features and improvements you've made to it - could you maybe post the full source versions of the files somewhere like GitHub or the like, akin to how KS:RE did theirs, with all the scripts and images directly accessible to edit in forks and things like that? I know you mentioned the community mod framework as a feature, but it seems that's more for making things separately and then adding them in in the sub-menu? Not entirely confident about how that works (presumably something to do with the DLC creation kit folder?), so some elaboration on how to best use that would also be appreciated.

Sorry if I'm asking sorta odd questions here, I'm just very interested in getting this project going using the better game version of r7 - I'm actually sending this while the guy who'd started work on a version of our project using a different version of KS is asleep, so maybe they'd be able to figure some of this out given time, but a proper full files release would be greatly appreciated regardless, and would probably be very well received by many.
avonder

Post by avonder »

It sounds like you want to edit the original game's scenario. This will hardly be well received by anyone, and is furthermore against the notion of this version as "faithful to the original", so I cannot support it even with the platitudes.
Eragon wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:40 amso we're working on editing out the 18+ scenes in a way a bit more elegant than the base game disable adult content function
It is not elegant because the scenes are fairly integral to the story. If the developers didn't think they were, there would've already been an all-ages version.

...that said, no one's stopping you. Extracting the assets of a Ren'Py game is trivial, and is definitely something you should learn if you want to make a mod.
avonder

Post by avonder »

A new expansion has been developed: the Future Star Demo Reel.

It features excerpts from five pseudo-routes – Sisterhood, For Want of a Nail, Developments, Pseudo Pseudo Suzu, and Can You Open Your Heart – with an emphasis on showcasing advanced storytelling techniques, useful for adapting pseudo-routes to Ren'Py script. Total 9,000 words.
Justonepost

Post by Justonepost »

Just wanted to say thank you for your hard work with the Android port. 2023, what a year to start and finish Katawa Shoujo.
MyBoatForACar

Post by MyBoatForACar »

Hey! Thanks for this, looks wonderful!

Unfortunately, I get a hard crash immediately on running either the 32-bit or 64-bit exe file... no presplash, no nothing. is there a log file somewhere I could check? Or any other way to debug?
Last edited by MyBoatForACar on Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avonder

Post by avonder »

MyBoatForACar wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:50 pm is there a log file somewhere I could check?
There should be a `log.txt` or `traceback.txt` next to the exe files.
MyBoatForACar

Post by MyBoatForACar »

I see, good to know.

There isn't, so maybe it's a memory allocation issue? Pathing problem?

I tried running the Python file but it says something about not being able to import renpy.bootstrap. Is Ren'Py a separate installation?

edit: oh. Evidently 7zip ran out of disk space halfway through extracting the renpy directory and I didn't notice. Works a treat now. Cheers!
spec123

Post by spec123 »

I've been wanting to replay Kotawa Shoujo on android for a while now, and this is just fantastic. Thanks! Is there any chance you"ll add the alpha repair mod?

EDIT: Sorry I wasn't aware about the Alpha Repair being banned, my bad.

Last edited by spec123 on Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsk

Post by gsk »

Links aren't working. I tried with vpn too but site just timesout. Can anyone give the working links?

avonder

Post by avonder »

gsk wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:54 pm

I tried with vpn too but site just timesout.

Please click on the "(Mirror)" link, our main hosting is currently down.

gsk

Post by gsk »

avonder wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:16 pm
gsk wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:54 pm

I tried with vpn too but site just timesout.

Please click on the "(Mirror)" link, our main hosting is currently down.

Mirror link is now working. Thanks for fix the quick fix. Looking forward to play this again

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Unofficial translations may also be ported upon request. As of now, the Russian language has been added.

I just saw this here...

Please feel free to add the German translation to your release.
Back in 2015 we missed the deadline for the final official release by just a few weeks :(

Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
avonder

Post by avonder »

Version 1.3.3 changelog:

• Added support for custom settings menus for mods. 3D mode is now bundled (but disabled by default) with the game.

• Basic mod information is now translatable. (Due to this unfortunate oversight, mods need to be redownloaded – old files won't work.)

• Added German localization.

• Reworked the internal file structure; the game now ships with all languages, and you may remove the ones you don't need for a faster startup time.

• Fast-forwarding can now be toggled instead of held down and is available on mobile. See the main post for key help.

• Fixed incorrect sprite shading in R40 (with delta's permission).

• Improved cohesion of subpixel rendering.

• Improved self-voicing behavior.

AshaAnime

Post by AshaAnime »

I know this is asking a little too much of a Renpy game but can you make the save location customizable or at least change the save location to documents or inside the game directory itself. Countless times have I lost games' saves just because i forgot to save a copy of the save folder before resetting my pc.

Last edited by AshaAnime on Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.