Any possibility for a Misha path? No.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

vermithrx

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by vermithrx »

Oh, I'm well aware of that, 4chan_Refuse, I just worded it poorly. I shiver at the thought because I can see what pain and self pity lies behind those lines. If anything I'd expect Misha to withdraw from Hisao and Shizune so as not to get in their way, causing further emotional damage to herself in the process. She's seems to be being set up as a sacrificial lamb and it pains me to see it because Misha closely resembles a relative of mine in both disability and disposition.
4chan_Refuse

Post by 4chan_Refuse »

My point is though Veri - this isn't that kind of game. So far, the atmosphere is very focused on helping yourself and others: Things are only bad if you want them to be. This point is made several times throughout the game, and it's made most clear when you pretty much die miserably (albeit hilariously - score another one for going against the predictable) due to refusing to soften up and be a good guy around these well-meaning people. We have good people making this, so cheer up!
Quixoticism

Post by Quixoticism »

Having now played through all of the stories for the girls at Katawa I can still(liked her from the beginning) say that Misha is my favorite, and even more so.

The short time alone with her in Shizunes path was great and it only left me wanting more. It felt I was getting to know more about Misha and that she in fact does have concerns and things she cares about. That experience made her seem much more real and we get to she that she's not just all fun(just mostly! :D ) but that she has a serious side to her.

I really hope the developers change their mind and give Misha her own ending. I think they might see reason if there is an overwhelming demand for a Misha storyline. :wink:
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

Hehe, point taken. Thank you, I'll stop worrying about it now. :)

Back to the real thread topic, though. On a personal level, I'm kinda glad there won't be a Misha path as I am an obsessive completionist and it would be...awkward...for me, for reasons previously stated. I can understand the appeal, however. Those drills are adorable.
erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

...In a truly touching scene we find out that in order for Shizune to live, Misha must die. :cry:

:lol:
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

erisi236 wrote:...In a truly touching scene we find out that in order for Shizune to live, Misha must die. :cry:
You know, that's sort of one of the ways I envision Shizune's route playing out in the full version. Except Micchan probably won't really die, but they'll have to write her at least partially out of the storyline to give Shizune some alone time with Hisao (assuming he goes on to learn sign language in her route). Because the way it was so far in the demo, it was really more of a Shizune & Misha route than just a Shizune route, given how the two are pretty much inseparable. But unless they want to have a Shizune x Hisao x Misha threesome at the end, they'd probably have to lessen her appearances at some point down the line. Besides that though, I think it would probably better for Shizune's own character development if she could be separated from Misha at least some of the time, if only to deepen the relationship between her and Hisao.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
Naya

Post by Naya »

Overall, she reminds me a lot of Kohaku from Tsukihime...

I sure hope the devs throw us Misha fans a bone and don't kill her off or at least give her a very touching scene.
rincewind

Post by rincewind »

Awwww... its the Sacchin syndrome again! Yes, my favorite girl in Tsukihime is Satsuki.

At least, I would like an ending where you can help Misha to get and happy Shizune "a la" Tomoyo of Card Captor Sakura.

Poor, poor Misha, and poor Misha´s fans. We must join the club of sadness with Sacchin, Alice and China... I mean Hong Meirin.
Self claimed Misha Fan
Bladin

Post by Bladin »

Honestly I don't see why there wouldn't be a misha path. If anything her sharing shizunes path and with different endings would be fine, but theres no real reason to purposely not give her a path. If anything cut out lolilegs and give her a path.
knicknevin

Post by knicknevin »

I think it's important to remember the general mechanics of Visual Novels here. For example, there is frequently at least one tragic type character who dies/doesn't get a route/double crosses the MC or whatnot. Many VNs have hidden routes that only appear after other prerequisites have been cleared. And lest we forget, this is a rare opportunity for this English speaking audience to communicate to the creators during the creation process. There are alot of factors that I'm sure are being kept concealed in order to maintain the integrity of the plot and prevent the creative process bring overrun by the fan base and it ends up being written by committee.

Basically, I'm not gonna hold my breath regarding a Misha route (though I and many others would like one), and I don't think it's something we should really grill the writers over, since even if they do have one planned, they aren't going to tell us anyway.
Bladin

Post by Bladin »

most tragic characters still get their own path though. Off the top of my head the only tragic character I can think of that didn't have a path in like the 30+ vn's i've played... has been.... Well actually i can't think of any. I can't think of a single tragic girl who hasn't been her own path with a death ending.
RyuuseiDate

Post by RyuuseiDate »

Bladin wrote:most tragic characters still get their own path though. Off the top of my head the only tragic character I can think of that didn't have a path in like the 30+ vn's i've played... has been.... Well actually i can't think of any. I can't think of a single tragic girl who hasn't been her own path with a death ending.
Erm. Yumizuka Satsuki.
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

Hey, they promised they were going to make a route for her -.-

Granted, they may still intend to never do it and keep it a joke forever, but still... at least the POTENTIAL for her route exists. XD
knicknevin

Post by knicknevin »

Bladin wrote:most tragic characters still get their own path though. Off the top of my head the only tragic character I can think of that didn't have a path in like the 30+ vn's i've played... has been.... Well actually i can't think of any. I can't think of a single tragic girl who hasn't been her own path with a death ending.
Well, maybe I used a poor choice of words. Regardless, tragic background or no, there are oftentimes at least one girl who gets left out, dies, or by some other circumstance (or just lazy writing) gets no route or a half hearted/BAD END one at best. Think Ryou from Clannad. Or Misae :x Type Moon has some obvious choices, but they are far from the only group who throws in good characters that end up getting left aside in the end.

Also, back to my original topic, there's another fairly obvious reason that Misha doesn't appear to have a route- she wasn't in the original concept art that got this whole project rolling in the first place. And the nature of her disability may not really be in keeping with the theme set by the other girls, who all have some fairly obvious handicaps.
Metsuki Minamoru

Post by Metsuki Minamoru »

ZettoSan wrote:
NotosK wrote:i smell love triangle
I smell manage et trois with Shizune entering an orgasm, gasping slightly audibly for air, signing wildly while Misha translates this into an incredibly loud orgasm. :V
You have a really good sense of smell.