Thoughts after Lilly's path

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: Thoughts after Lilly's path

Post by pandaphil »

And thats the problem with doing sappy romantic fanfic set in Japan. Its not really a sappy, romantic culture. So most writers tend to resort to westernizing the characters just a bit.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Guest Poster wrote: Eh, visiting isn't a problem. They don't really expect foreigners to live according to their rules and if you mess up, they generally don't complain about it. Just don't get lost...that avoiding confrontation-thing means it's not uncommon for them to make stuff up in order to avoid an uncomfortable moment if they don't know how to get where you want to go. Don't get pancreatic cancer either. Apparantly telling a patient who has this and is terminal that he has mere pancreatitis in order to spare his feelings is acceptable. It does shed some light on Lilly's actions.
Holy shit really?
Guest Poster wrote: Essentially, Lilly's path is a deconstruction of the traditional Japanese woman. The game basically says: "You want a girl who was groomed to be a polite, friendly and calm Yamato Nadeshiko? Fine. Now let's put you in a situation where the mindset those traits are part of starts blowing up in your face. Have fun." Ironically, if Hisao ALSO behaves like a traditional Japanese and avoids painful subjects on that route, he'll end up alone. He ends up convincing Lilly to stay by appealing to her Scottish side.
Most of the paths are a deconstruction of some kind of stereotype of sorts.
Also that last sentence brings to mind something one of my friends says all the damn time:
"If it isn't Scottish, it's crap."
(hilariously she's only 1/8th Scottish :lol: )
Next time she says it, come back with "So you're 1/7 crap then?" and report back with the results.

And yeah, every route is a subversion of something. Even Kenji's, which brutally flips the idea of "Bros before hoes." around and breaks your neck with it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Only 1/8 Scottish? I thought one of her parents is a full Scot?
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

YZQ wrote:Only 1/8 Scottish? I thought one of her parents is a full Scot?
Lilly's mother is Scottish.
My female friend who says "If it isn't Scottish it's crap" is only an eighth :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Then the fraction Xan's looking for is 7/8.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Then the fraction Xan's looking for is 7/8.
I mistyped. Sue me, Alphabet Man.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Nah, my money's on a commission of Lily as a human Death Knight. Also, my name is mangled so many times that it's better to go by initials.