Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

azumeow

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by azumeow »

Broomhead wrote: Yeah. I suffer from chronic migraines (set off by chocolate and stress, of course.) So I understand where you're coming from. I've actually heard someone say during P.E. "Oh, he's just lazy and out of shape." when I've been open about my condition whenever someone asks.

Although, I can kinda understand where that guy may be coming from on a certain level. I've told people I have migraines occasionally before, and they respond with "Oh yeah, I had one this morning." It is the most infuriating thing in the world to have something that can put you on the ground without warning reduced to something that "happens to everyone." (I realize that people can have a one-shot migraine, but they'll talk about it like it's just a headache, and more often than not, it is for them.) I think if I saw or heard someone who I thought was faking it, I'd investigate. I'd probably not taunt them, but I'd be suspicious as heck.
OH, chronic migraines! Those were fun in high school! Except they weren't because I had to leave school a lot because of them. Fucking christ. People who think a migraine is a bad headache....really need to educate themselves. It's like having a flashbang go off INSIDE your head. For hours. As for understanding where that guy came from...no. He can fuck right off. He has no right to be suspicious of me just because I have a cheap cane. It's not his business in the least.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

azumeow wrote: As for understanding where that guy came from...no. He can fuck right off. He has no right to be suspicious of me just because I have a cheap cane. It's not his business in the least.
I apologize, that was poorly worded. I simply was explaining his probable thought process. He is a dick for that, especially the shooting part.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Broomhead wrote:
azumeow wrote: As for understanding where that guy came from...no. He can fuck right off. He has no right to be suspicious of me just because I have a cheap cane. It's not his business in the least.
I apologize, that was poorly worded. I simply was explaining his probable thought process. He is a dick for that, especially the shooting part.
It happens yo. Still, though, I don't get why people can't just be like "Oh, he has a cane, he probably needs it." Like...stuff like that happens. Maybe my leg got broken and never healed right? Maybe I have bad joints (which, hilariously enough, I do have).
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

azumeow wrote: It happens yo. Still, though, I don't get why people can't just be like "Oh, he has a cane, he probably needs it." Like...stuff like that happens. Maybe my leg got broken and never healed right? Maybe I have bad joints (which, hilariously enough, I do have).
You've got to remember, these are just simple humans. People of the land. The common clay of mankind. You know... morons.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

What even counts as a "cheap cane"? My great aunt and now my mother have needed canes, and they both picked a cheaper-looking metal one with a Bungie inside, because it quickly folds up for convenient storage.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

metalangel wrote:What even counts as a "cheap cane"? My great aunt and now my mother have needed canes, and they both picked a cheaper-looking metal one with a Bungie inside, because it quickly folds up for convenient storage.
It's a wooden cane I got at a dollar store for 3 bucks. Apparently that makes it fake or something.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

azumeow wrote:OH, chronic migraines! Those were fun in high school! Except they weren't because I had to leave school a lot because of them. Fucking christ. People who think a migraine is a bad headache....really need to educate themselves. It's like having a flashbang go off INSIDE your head. For hours. As for understanding where that guy came from...no. He can fuck right off. He has no right to be suspicious of me just because I have a cheap cane. It's not his business in the least.
Ah, the sweet joy of migraines. Skull-wrecking pain? Have some extreme nausea with that! And that guy sounds like a real asshole.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

metalangel wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote: Plus, I just haven't found anyone I click with on that level which isn't already taken. I'm at that awkward age right now where a lot of women my age are trying desperately to hold on to their youth, or they're rapidly trying to find a husband because of social pressures. Neither of which interest me, to be honest :P
It sucks. I've been rejected (or done the rejecting) of otherwise good women because they want to have kids before they're 40, and I never want kids ever. The cool ones who are focused on their own lives and happiness rather than societal pressure are out there, but they're not always easy to find. I had a second date with a girl last Thursday, and she's the first one I've been out with since the spring who hasn't been overweight and/or crazy.
Yep!

"Not crazy, single, hot. Pick 2" seems to be the trend. I've heard it said in jokes but the older I get the more true it seems to be.

I'm pretty sure I don't want kids (my family has a host of genetic related illnesses and while I haven't ended up with any as of yet, the chances of me being a carrier are pretty high) and I'm damned sure I don't want to be raising someone else's.

I've tried dating people with kids, and while I'm sure that good ones exist out there, all the ones I've met were way too eager to give up sex just to try and get a meal ticket. The last girl who was interested in me had two kids, and when I told her I didn't want any, she said "Oh, that's okay, we don't have to have kids. I already have two of my own!" Completely missed the point.

I mean, major props to the people who can be stepmothers and stepfathers, but that's just not me. And I wouldn't want to put any kids through that, because they will pick up on that.
Last edited by Eurobeatjester on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

Eurobeatjester wrote:
metalangel wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote: Plus, I just haven't found anyone I click with on that level which isn't already taken. I'm at that awkward age right now where a lot of women my age are trying desperately to hold on to their youth, or they're rapidly trying to find a husband because of social pressures. Neither of which interest me, to be honest :P
It sucks. I've been rejected (or done the rejecting) of otherwise good women because they want to have kids before they're 40, and I never want kids ever. The cool ones who are focused on their own lives and happiness rather than societal pressure are out there, but they're not always easy to find. I had a second date with a girl last Thursday, and she's the first one I've been out with since the spring who hasn't been overweight and/or crazy.
Yep!

"Crazy, single, hot. Pick 2" seems to be the trend. I've heard it said in jokes but the older I get the more true it seems to be.

I'm pretty sure I don't want kids (my family has a host of genetic related illnesses and while I haven't ended up with any as of yet, the chances of me being a carrier are pretty high) and I'm damned sure I don't want to be raising someone else's.

I've tried dating people with kids, and while I'm sure that good ones exist out there, all the ones I've met were way too eager to give up sex just to try and get a meal ticket. The last girl who was interested in me had two kids, and when I told her I didn't want any, she said "Oh, that's okay, we don't have to have kids. I already have two of my own!" Completely missed the point.

I mean, major props to the people who can be stepmothers and stepfathers, but that's just not me. And I wouldn't want to put any kids through that, because they will pick up on that.
I think you messed up that first quote.

As far as guys go, I still regularly get the early dick pick or sex proposition joke way too soon. I just hear the "it's impossible to find someone thay isnt crazy" thing a lot. But there is always more to it. Please know what you really want and be honest about it. Just had a friend dump their gf who, according to him, was perfectly compatible with his personality. But she was really short, had black hair, and was too well endowed. Same guy a few weeks later after getting out of a date complains that all women are crazy. Same situation with multiple friends, who will literally sit around giving complaints about how they think celebrity after celebrity "isnt that hot" like it's a snob talking about wine or taste in movies. Here's the thing. Its okay to be that picky. Maybe youll find someone that fits, maybe you won't, maybe youll find someone after being less picky. But dont act like it is just everyone else being not good enough. It's obnoxious.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Whoops! You're right. Meant to put "not crazy."
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

metalangel wrote:overweight and/or crazy.
Totally 100% comparable traits.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Khalego wrote:
Haaaaaa. Both are dealbreakers for me.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

metalangel wrote:
Khalego wrote:
Haaaaaa. Both are dealbreakers for me.
I'd imagine that it'd be kind of awkward always carrying around a scale and/or a BMI chart. Which you presumably must do in order to sort the overweight ones from the rest. :P
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
brythain

Post by brythain »

Khalego wrote:I'd imagine that it'd be kind of awkward always carrying around a scale and/or a BMI chart. Which you presumably must do in order to sort the overweight ones from the rest. :P
Easier than carrying around and attempting to use the pathetic monster known as DSM-5 or whatever they're calling it these days. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)