Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: Ask!

Post by Zarys »

bhtooefr wrote:When is 1.2.2 going to come out, to fix that line in the French version? :lol:

http://bhtooefr.org/images/ks/ks11vs12french.png
(Top is 1.2.1, bottom is 1.1, and spoilers (that have already been spoiled in this thread, but hey).)
I think a lot of versions have not been fixed because there aren't anymore the translation teams and I except if one of the active devs know enough the language to fix himself...

More serious is the "se" instead of a "ce" somewhere in the Hanako Route. (the only route no enough corrected I think : The dialogues of the bad end of Hanako when she got a nervous breakdown does not use the correct fonts.)
Other than that, I don't think I've seen mistakes.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

The upkeep of the translations is responsibility of the translators. If they don't keep up with the updates, 4LS doesn't do it for them.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Seems legit
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Silentcook wrote:Because we fucked up (and now with 1.2, set it aright!) :oops:

What exactly did you fuck up? The names? I am confused. :(
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

ArcCain wrote:

Shizune and Lilly are cousins ​​through their mothers (who are sisters), not their fathers (who aren't brothers). (otherwise they would have the same surname)
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
brythain

Post by brythain »

Zarys wrote:
ArcCain wrote:

Shizune and Lilly are cousins ​​through their mothers (who are sisters), not their fathers (who aren't brothers). (otherwise they would have the same surname)
No. Shizune's mother and Lilly's father are siblings. (Sorry: the devs do prefer that correct answers are given here. :) )
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Families are so complicated...hold that they practice intensive intermarriage and are all siblings, it's more simple.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Zarys wrote:
ArcCain wrote:

When I read that I was confused especially considering that Lilly's mother is Scottish, so does that make Shizune part Scottish, but then I read the next few posts.

If Shizune's mother and Lilly's father are siblings, then where is Shizune's mother? I am assuming deceased considering I don't remember her being mentioned in the virtual novel.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

It's one of those mysteries the developers have been completely tight-lipped on.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

I think she is dead. (Or the Hakamichi/Satou are even worse than we think already and Shizune's Mother and Jigoro divorced and she left for Scotland, but I doubt it)
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

If that's what you think please talk about it in another topic. This one is exclusively for the devs to answer questions (or for others to provide links to answers the devs already gave in other threads).
The answer to that question is that there isn't one. The fate of Shizune's mother has not been revealed in either the VN or any subsequent dev posts.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Is there an official map of Yamaku and the surrounding area, or a rough description on paper? I never could figure out where everything was in relation to each other, so I just kinda guessed the classes were smushed between the Dorms and nursing building, the dorms further being flanked by the road, while the nursing building was next to Rin's Forest.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

The nurse is in the Auxiliary building which is next to the main building with the classrooms. That much is said in the VN, and I think it even mentions a connection between the two at one point. Beyond that nothing has been made available by the devs yet.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

We had a few floorplans and maps sketched out back when, but considering that they had such notes as "here be dragons" on them I'd say that no, no OFFICIAL maps of Yamaku and its environs exist. And we sorta like it that way.It's not like Yamaku has its personal dimensional distortions or anything.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

What kind of blindness has Lilly ? congenital form of cataract ? saw his eyes (deep blue) I would say that the problem comes from her eyes but I'm not sure.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise