The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rhodri

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by Rhodri »

Eurobeatjester wrote:While it ends up alright in the end, I can't help but feel Hisao feels some resentment towards his parents over that.
It all depends on which end Hisao reaches...

If he graduates from Yamaku as a happy and well adjusted young man with a lovely young woman by his side, he'll probability have little or no resentment. If he has a particularly rough time that culminates with a relationship that went sourer or survives the manly picnic, he could become a wreak and blame his parents for it. Either way, it sounds like his parents paid little interest to him during his teenager years. Sure, the long hours they worked away from home encourage him to become independent at a young age, but the lack of guidance during those impressionable years can't be a good thing. God know what Hisao could have done on those walks through the city at night.
Last edited by Rhodri on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Guest Poster wrote:
The parents might have felt they were giving Hisao opportunities and a safety net, when the net he really needed the most was the ones his friends and family could give.
Except Hisao already lost contact with his old friends and classmates and due to his parents working long hours, he didn't see them very often at home either. If Hisao hadn't been sent to Yamaku, I imagine his life to have been pretty lonely.
I'm not sure I agree with that, having been through something very similar myself. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that Hisao would have reconnected at least some of his friends once he went back to school.

I remember the first few weeks I was in the hospital, I would have visitors every day, be them friends or family. The week or two before I was released however, even my own parents had cut their visits back to once every few days and no friends came to visit. Reconnected with most of them once I got out and back into school.

We never find out if this would be the case because he's sent immediately to Yamaku and never goes back to his old school. Who knows? Maybe he would have actually given things with Iwanako a shot had he stayed, despite his condition.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Liminaut wrote:
Atario wrote:
Liminaut wrote:Akira: Trouble is, she got her position through nepotism and not by earning it. She knows it, everybody knows it, and she knows that everybody knows.
I may be wrong about this, but I believe nepotism is not seen as a bad thing in Japan.
Too bad the company headquarters are in Scotland.
Nepotism is everywhere in the world, and if she set high enough, no one in his professional circle is going to bothers her. (because they also here by any form of wirepulling or if they really are mounted by themselves so high, they are not the kind of person to show it or they have no such scruples as they do not identify with the masses)

This is the "middle workers" who are embarrassed that some which were manically start where they end their careers.

Eurobeatjester wrote:I feel that Hisao's relationship with his parents has suffered quite a bit due to his condition and being sent off to Yamaku.

Hisao almost never mentions or talks about his parents outside of the intro, and I know that while having no parents is kind of an RPG/VN staple, it's obvious that they are there.

His parents sent him to Yamaku because they were at a complete loss at what to do or how to help, and it was the "easiest" solution that required the least amount of effort on their part. Even with his condition, Hisao wouldn't have had to go to Yamaku at all. The only instance where he has another heart attack doesn't happen anywhere near the school grounds and the chances he's been taken to a different hospital than the one near Yamaku are pretty high.

Being picked up and transplanted to a new life, living on your own at a private academy, especially under those circumstances would be enough to shake anyone. The parents might have felt they were giving Hisao opportunities and a safety net, when the net he really needed the most was the ones his friends and family could give.

While it ends up alright in the end, I can't help but feel Hisao feels some resentment towards his parents over that.

I don't think parents of Hisao see it like that, but it's true that maybe Hisao feels something like that.
Yes their relationship is probably not perfect because they are very absent, but this is true of many parents, right?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

It may or may not end up my headcanon that Lilly is trampled at a pep rally (look, her constant proximity to Hanako is mildly inconvenient, okay?!). But it is absolutely my headcanon that Misha hooks up with Miki post-Shizune-route.
Last edited by Khalego on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Khalego wrote:It may or may not end up my headcanon that Lilly is trampled at a pep rally. But it is absolutely my headcanon that Misha hooks up with Miki post-Shizune-route.
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/image/2602.png

I can ship it :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Liminaut wrote:Too bad the company headquarters are in Scotland.
Having worked in subsidiaries and branches of foreign firms before, I can tell you that this doesn't always mean much.
Eurobeatjester wrote:I remember the first few weeks I was in the hospital, I would have visitors every day, be them friends or family. The week or two before I was released however, even my own parents had cut their visits back to once every few days and no friends came to visit. Reconnected with most of them once I got out and back into school.
It doesn't sound like you harbored anywhere near the resentment over the situation Hisao did.

Headcanon: Akira is the one firmly in charge in her relationship with her boyfriend.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Atario wrote:It doesn't sound like you harbored anywhere near the resentment over the situation Hisao did.
At the time I sure did. I've had the luxury of fifteen years of hindsight, though. :)
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

Eurobeatjester wrote:We never find out if this would be the case because he's sent immediately to Yamaku and never goes back to his old school. Who knows? Maybe he would have actually given things with Iwanako a shot had he stayed, despite his condition.
Well it's funny you should say that, it's a most peculiar thing,
Yes it's funny you should say that.

In my storyline, the two have already reconnected to a degree. Instead of blowing off her letter as he did in most routes, or writing back with something scarcely better, he calls her and says "let's meet and talk". Hisao's old schoolmates are treating her like shit, calling her "poison" and making her an outcast. Iwanako "borrows" Hisao to parade around in front of these people...

...but they don't care. They just like having an omega around to pick on. When Neko decides her future lies in Australia and not in Japan, he doesn't want to leave. Meanwhile, Iwanako has been doing some of the diligence Hisao should be doing, like asking for letters of recommendation from teachers to send to Tohoku University. He finds out, but assumes it was either Neko or Sally doing it, and keeps his mouth shut.

In the end, Iwanako just stops giving a fuck what her classmates think of her, since she'll have a new social group hundreds of kilometers away at Tohoku. When she finds out that Neko and Hisao have separated (which doesn't surprise her in the least), she'll make her move.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I'm not sure about the Miki lesbian thing, (I really don't know her enough yet to know if that makes sense, let alone her being with Misha) but I'm very okay with that image. They look cute together.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

In my headcannon, Shizune rejects Misha not because she has an aversion to being a lesbian, but because while Misha is a good friend, Shizune wants a partner that can push her and challenge her.

In fact, given how opposite their personalities are, if they weren't thrust together because of circumstances, I don't know if they would be friends at all.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

No, I think she's hetero (like all the girls except Misha), but I agreed with the fact that if even she was bi, it would not mean she would necessarily love Misha.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Eurobeatjester wrote:In my headcannon, Shizune rejects Misha not because she has an aversion to being a lesbian, but because while Misha is a good friend, Shizune wants a partner that can push her and challenge her.

In fact, given how opposite their personalities are, if they weren't thrust together because of circumstances, I don't know if they would be friends at all.
I concur, my fellow water-based life form.

I'm honestly flabbergasted by the fact that they are so close, considering their personalities conflict with one another's so dramatically. I suppose opposites attract... Just look at all those buddy comedies with 2 characters of completely parallel personas...

... :idea:

Headcanon: Shizune and Misha co-star in a sitcom about a taciturn tyrant and a lively lesbian sharing an apartment together, and getting into wacky shiichanigans.

I saw an opportunity, and made it...
Last edited by KeiichiO on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
brythain

Post by brythain »

KeiichiO wrote:Headcanon: Shizune and Misha co-star in a sitcom about a taciturn tyrant and a lively lesbian sharing an apartment together, and getting into wacky shenanigans.
Oh dear. The moment I read that, I thought of a sitcom about a half-blind conspiracy nut and an arrhythmic everyman sharing an apartment together, and getting into wacky he-nanigans. :D (I guess Hoitash would write the script.)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

brythain wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:Headcanon: Shizune and Misha co-star in a sitcom about a taciturn tyrant and a lively lesbian sharing an apartment together, and getting into wacky shenanigans.
Oh dear. The moment I read that, I thought of a sitcom about a half-blind conspiracy nut and an arrhythmic everyman sharing an apartment together, and getting into wacky he-nanigans. :D (I guess Hoitash would write the script.)
You totally posted this before I submitted my last edit. Now the pun loses its power...
brythain

Post by brythain »

KeiichiO wrote:
brythain wrote:
You totally posted this before I submitted my last edit. Now the pun loses its power...
I've been Rapunzelled. I feel totally let down. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)