The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

chicunsu

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by chicunsu »

Misfile17 wrote:
chicunsu wrote:I might be missing that someone has has mentioned it already, but it's one detail that struck me after watching the Hanako ending again.
Normally, she hates her scars and tries to hide them, but when she's kissing Hisao, something that makes her really visible to everyone. The side of her that ppl can see (from our perspective) IS the one with the scars.
I would think she at least would turn around, so those ppl wouldn't see the scars, but when she's doing it, she's showing everyone her scars, while kissing and smiling... and being happy.... *Melts away cuz of too much D'AWWW factor*
That's the biggest point that a lot of people didn't notice right away, I thought it was an amazing ending because it show's how much she's changed and is ready to show everyone, including Hisao how she really feels, I think the ending was good and it leaves it open for us to picture how we want their relationsip to progress, It was incredibly sweet and heartwarming,
I'm also really big fan of Hanako's route =)
Hanako and Lilly for me!
But i really loved Hanako's ending, because the story we read, is the story about how you can learn to know about yourself and come to acknowledge and accept it if you have something like the KS Character does.
Knowing that she can show that side of hers to everyone open while doing something like that, really makes me feel that the story is over. What comes after this... that's another tale ;)
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

chicunsu wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:
chicunsu wrote:I might be missing that someone has has mentioned it already, but it's one detail that struck me after watching the Hanako ending again.
Normally, she hates her scars and tries to hide them, but when she's kissing Hisao, something that makes her really visible to everyone. The side of her that ppl can see (from our perspective) IS the one with the scars.
I would think she at least would turn around, so those ppl wouldn't see the scars, but when she's doing it, she's showing everyone her scars, while kissing and smiling... and being happy.... *Melts away cuz of too much D'AWWW factor*
That's the biggest point that a lot of people didn't notice right away, I thought it was an amazing ending because it show's how much she's changed and is ready to show everyone, including Hisao how she really feels, I think the ending was good and it leaves it open for us to picture how we want their relationsip to progress, It was incredibly sweet and heartwarming,
I'm also really big fan of Hanako's route =)
Hanako and Lilly for me!
But i really loved Hanako's ending, because the story we read, is the story about how you can learn to know about yourself and come to acknowledge and accept it if you have something like the KS Character does.
Knowing that she can show that side of hers to everyone open while doing something like that, really makes me feel that the story is over. What comes after this... that's another tale ;)
This ^^ There isn't really much more i can say about how I feel about Katawa Shoujo, I can quite easily say though that it is one of the best things I have ever come across. I'm so happy it's finally here :)
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

Misfile17 wrote:This ^^ There isn't really much more i can say about how I feel about Katawa Shoujo, I can quite easily say though that it is one of the best things I have ever come across. I'm so happy it's finally here :)
And yet, so sad.... I'm kinda gonna miss the excitement you got whenever there was significant progress.
Especially when the paths starting to fall together, it was like "IT'S HAPPENING.... IT'S REALLY HAPPENING..... I'M DREAMING"
And then "Katawa shoujo will be released the 4th of january".... I seriously couldn't WORK AT ALL during those days.... only KS was in my head after having waited for so long xD
BUT IT WAS WORTH IT..... *Mantears flows as a waterfall*
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

chicunsu wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:This ^^ There isn't really much more i can say about how I feel about Katawa Shoujo, I can quite easily say though that it is one of the best things I have ever come across. I'm so happy it's finally here :)
And yet, so sad.... I'm kinda gonna miss the excitement you got whenever there was significant progress.
Especially when the paths starting to fall together, it was like "IT'S HAPPENING.... IT'S REALLY HAPPENING..... I'M DREAMING"
And then "Katawa shoujo will be released the 4th of january".... I seriously couldn't WORK AT ALL during those days.... only KS was in my head after having waited for so long xD
BUT IT WAS WORTH IT..... *Mantears flows as a waterfall*
Many many manly tears have been shed by myself aswell, It was indeed worth it, Such an amazing experience, We're probably just gonna end up saying the same things over and over but there isnt really much more to say, its just fantastic and I think everyone loves it, just as we do xD
uber

Post by uber »

Woah have been playing this game non-stop for around 8 hrs and love it, really! But something annoying came up while I was on Act 4.
A time comes when you'll have to decide from two choices somewhere around in the second chapter(A faraway person, or something). The play time was around 7:46. The choices were: 1) Trust my own judgement & 2) Agree with Lily. The first time I clicked on the 2nd choice, dunno why I landed up in the "Misstep chapter". Tried the same thing every time but still I somehow end up in the Misstep chapter. :( Then I tried the 1st choice but still it lands me up in the same chap again. I've tried this a countless number of times but end up with the same result. I've a save point just before this and keep loading it again and again in the hope that it produce a different result. But it's the same shit every effin time D:
Please help. Any help is really appreciated.
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

uber wrote:Woah have been playing this game non-stop for around 8 hrs and love it, really! But something annoying came up while I was on Act 4.
A time comes when you'll have to decide from two choices somewhere around in the second chapter(A faraway person, or something). The play time was around 7:46. The choices were: 1) Trust my own judgement & 2) Agree with Lily. The first time I clicked on the 2nd choice, dunno why I landed up in the "Misstep chapter". Tried the same thing every time but still I somehow end up in the Misstep chapter. :( Then I tried the 1st choice but still it lands me up in the same chap again. I've tried this a countless number of times but end up with the same result. I've a save point just before this and keep loading it again and again in the hope that it produce a different result. But it's the same shit every effin time D:
Please help. Any help is really appreciated.
Then the problem does not lie in THAT CHOICE, but the choices you have made before.
You propably had a bad choice somewhere before which led you to the bad end.
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

Here you go.
If you choose not to take Hanako into town, both choices regarding Lilly's advice will take you to the Bad End.
uber

Post by uber »

But I tried playing the same chap from the Library in the Main Menu, but this time I clearly got out of the problem and it didn't repeat.
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

uber wrote:But I tried playing the same chap from the Library in the Main Menu, but this time I clearly got out of the problem and it didn't repeat.
Library ONLY plays one scene, and then it stops. so it's useless to play it from there
uber

Post by uber »

Yeah, tho thanks a lot for the help you two!
Just gotta figure out how to get there now that I didn't save it earlier. :x
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

uber wrote:Yeah, tho thanks a lot for the help you two!
Just gotta figure out how to get there now that I didn't save it earlier. :x
There is a full flowchart avaible, in which you can easily see just how to get her happy ending:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4920
uber

Post by uber »

Umm no, that'd be kinda boring. Was just wondering if you can go to the previous chap if you dun have a save state there. :(
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

uber wrote:Umm no, that'd be kinda boring. Was just wondering if you can go to the previous chap if you dun have a save state there. :(
Nope~ in VNs, when you do it the real way, you normally makes notes or saves on every choice
uber

Post by uber »

Damn. Was my first time playing a vn, but I usually overwrite a save point every time I save(stupid xbox habit). My last save was at play time 3:40. Gotta play 4 hrs and wade through the text again to get here. T_T
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

uber wrote:Damn. Was my first time playing a vn, but I usually overwrite a save point every time I save(stupid xbox habit). My last save was at play time 3:40. Gotta play 4 hrs and wade through the text again to get here. T_T
Actually, you can just hit the tab key and it'll speed through the text and stop at decision points.