You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Comrade

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Comrade »

Rhodri wrote:Little update on the Yamaku Colonial Government. It seems that when Colonial nations fight each other, they don't think of calling in their their mother nation. So when I realised that a Spanish colonial nation had seized Enomoto in a war, my genuine reaction was "How dare you!" I looked around and found the Spanish colonial nation in Alaska was fighting Yamaku and had occupied the OC girls. So I got my armies over there to retake the lands, only to realise that the neighbouring British colonial nation of Newfoundland had taken Suzuki, Miura and Aneki Satou. I had completely missed it 'cause Newfoundland and Yamaku share a similar colour. This time, I went ballistic and yelled at the monitor:

"You fucking dare to take my girls like that!"

In a blind rage, I promptly went to war with them. It didn't work well but I'll try again when I'm thinking more clearly. I think it proves that we are willing to fight to the death for the honour of our girls.
EUIV?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

I think he means Europa Universalis IV, a PC stadegy game
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

AussieInquisitor wrote:I think he means Europa Universalis IV, a PC stadegy game
Pretty sure thats what i said...
An American, 2014
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Yep, I'm talking about my KS themed colonial nation in Europa Universalis IV. Spent all day in work trying to think of a way to reclaim the land taken by Newfoundland 'cause I don't have a Casus belli against them.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Loan.
An American, 2014
poopooface

Post by poopooface »

Comrade wrote:I rather not. Currently i follow Crusader kings videos almost exclusivley
Same. Although I do enjoy whatever the YouTuber DiplexheatedHD puts out.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

You have been playing too much KS when...
You get invited to a fancy dress party and your very first thought is 'which character should I go as?'

(As it happens, I decided not to go as any character. Green suits are pricey which counts out Kenji, I couldn't find a suitable swaggervest for Hisao and Mutou requires me finding a long brown coat. Would going as one of the girls be weird? I'm thinking Rin.)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:You have been playing too much KS when...
You get invited to a fancy dress party and your very first thought is 'which character should I go as?'

(As it happens, I decided not to go as any character. Green suits are pricey which counts out Kenji, I couldn't find a suitable swaggervest for Hisao and Mutou requires me finding a long brown coat. Would going as one of the girls be weird? I'm thinking Rin.)
Go as Hideaki. Anyone calls you a girl, explain why they're wrong. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Rhodri wrote:Little update on the Yamaku Colonial Government. It seems that when Colonial nations fight each other, they don't think of calling in their their mother nation. So when I realised that a Spanish colonial nation had seized Enomoto in a war, my genuine reaction was "How dare you!" I looked around and found the Spanish colonial nation in Alaska was fighting Yamaku and had occupied the OC girls. So I got my armies over there to retake the lands, only to realise that the neighbouring British colonial nation of Newfoundland had taken Suzuki, Miura and Aneki Satou. I had completely missed it 'cause Newfoundland and Yamaku share a similar colour. This time, I went ballistic and yelled at the monitor:

"You fucking dare to take my girls like that!"

In a blind rage, I promptly went to war with them. It didn't work well but I'll try again when I'm thinking more clearly. I think it proves that we are willing to fight to the death for the honour of our girls.
Next time I play FTL, I'm gonna make sure the FNC Yamaku is the goddamn best ship in the Federation.

The rebels will be destroyed by sheer love and rage.

"NOOOOOO YOU BASTARDS KILLED HANAKO! YOU ABSOLUTE BASTARDS ARE DEAD! DEAD, DO YOU HEAR ME?!" (Cue volleys of lasers)
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:

I think I love you right now :P This WILL happen.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote:

I think I love you right now :P This WILL happen.
Naw, man, go as Jigoro. Buy a Katana, don a Hawaiian shirt, grow a beard, and dye your hair blue.

Instant badass.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Just got back from seeing the new X-Men film at the cinema where these two adverts came up before the film. Naturally, KS characters came to mind. The latter doubly so as it has sign language and audio description versions. Shizune and Lilly would approve.

British Heart Foundation - We're fighting inherited heart conditions

Scope - 'End The Awkward' Handshake
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Rhodri wrote:Just got back from seeing the new X-Men film at the cinema where these two adverts came up before the film. Naturally, KS characters came to mind. The latter doubly so as it has sign language and audio description versions. Shizune and Lilly would approve.

The end of that second video links to a quiz to test your awkwardness. Every question offers three answers. The two wrong answers would only ever be picked by complete idiots. Ergo, nobody on the entire planet is awkward.

This is great news! Or just a shit quiz.

I'd say you've been playing too much when any combination of the letters h, a, a, n in a word are automatically rearranged to 'hana' by your brain, leading to flashbacks of Hanako.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Rhodri wrote:Just got back from seeing the new X-Men film at the cinema where these two adverts came up before the film. Naturally, KS characters came to mind. The latter doubly so as it has sign language and audio description versions. Shizune and Lilly would approve.

I'd say you've been playing too much when any combination of the letters h, a, a, n in a word are automatically rearranged to 'hana' by your brain, leading to flashbacks of Hanako.
How about when REM mentally becomes EMI?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote: I'd say you've been playing too much when any combination of the letters h, a, a, n in a word are automatically rearranged to 'hana' by your brain, leading to flashbacks of Hanako.
How about when REM mentally becomes EMI?
Whenever I see something produced by MIsha Mansoor, my brain sees a pink-haired girl with drills wielding an 8-string.