Marriage after death

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Deimos

Re: Marriage after death

Post by Deimos »

kosherbacon wrote:So uh, how 'bout that posthumous marriage, guys? How does divorce work?
This form of marriage is secular in nature and from what little I understood when looking for answers on French websites, it seems that the legal status of the applying party is changed to "widowed" rather than "married". However, the legal affair itself is conducted after one part of the involved people is deceased, therefore it's a marriage, assuming the applicant provides evidence pointing towards a planned matrimony between her/him and the deceased, after death but divorce is not necessary because the newly acquired legal status does not require further legal separation.

But please take that all with a grain of salt, I think my French is only good enough for translating the menu and deciphering the bill. :)

I believe if this would be more common and legal in Japan, it would make for a touching ending for a storyline. Imagine the girl of your choice silently reverberating with remembrance while looking at or touching a certain golden band her right or left hand, or in Rin's case at a necklace with that one special ring. (By the way, does anyone know if Japanese wear their wedding bands on their left or their right hand?)
Panty Supervisor wrote:Cadaver Shoujo? :|

Seriously, a visual novel centered around a group of dead girls would be awesome.
You might want to have a look into My Lovely Ghost Kana, but I advise you to not read it a your workplace.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

this thread
Attachments
slinks-2.png
slinks-2.png (21.24 KiB) Viewed 2358 times
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

Tahtorak wrote:
Panty Supervisor wrote:Cadaver Shoujo? :|

Seriously, a visual novel centered around a group of dead girls would be awesome.
You mean like a visual novel of a harem-ized Sankarea? (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/sankarea/)

Goddamn Sankarea is great, I was thinking the same thing.

Marriage after death, seems a bit...wierd I must admit, but I can see the reasoning behind allowing it in some cases.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Deimos wrote: You might want to have a look into My Lovely Ghost Kana, but I advise you to not read it a your workplace.
I second the recommendation. It's magically heartwarmingly depressing. Too bad it didn't have an ending, though.
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Deimos wrote: or in Rin's case at a necklace with that one special ring.
Rin married Sauron?
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts