Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kilo

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Kilo »

NoOne3 wrote:any other game the'll came up till then, while you're retired.
LOLOLOLOLOL, my great grandmother's brother is doing that.
I think it's more common than SotiCoto thinks.
Also I'm back from not posting in a while. I got in trouble with some people (Both online and IRL, nothing serious), and also I'm getting nothing to post here at all because WINTER HAS ARRIVED.
You imagine winter to be something like this:
Well, it's more like this around here:

South America is a nice place to be right now.
Especially when you want to run in a circle for 30 minutes right next to a river.
Couchto5k Progress:
Kind-of-complete, increasing speed now.
StepmaniaFreak

Post by StepmaniaFreak »

Especially when you want to run in a circle for 30 minutes right next to a river.
Just when you think you have it tough trying to start a new routine, someone has to point out just how easy you have it and yet you're still making excuses! I'm so hopeless sometimes. :P

I think I'll have more time to commit to this once I'm through with exams. In the mean time, my hacky sack is warming my legs up a little every day.
Akros

Post by Akros »

StepmaniaFreak wrote:
Just when you think you have it tough trying to start a new routine, someone has to point out just how easy you have it and yet you're still making excuses! I'm so hopeless sometimes. :P

I think I'll have more time to commit to this once I'm through with exams. In the mean time, my hacky sack is warming my legs up a little every day.
exams, that piece of crap that drives me mad and makes me waste like 4 months every years just so my parents will shut up and so I get a diploma to put in my wall and my curriculum so people won't just throw it away when they see it.

@ZXRN i just started last week, W2D2 tomorrow, so as far as I go I would tell you to take it easy if it's been a while since you last did anything serious, do as ook says and just read the first couple pages of the post, you might find some valuable info in there :D
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

The first post also has the Emi-flavoured stretching guide which I found handy. There also appears to be some playlists for your listening pleasure. Props again to HurricaneHarvey for keeping it all together!
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
Manman

Post by Manman »

I ran day 2 of week 7 today.
While running I started thinking, I have actually only completed Emi's path (i'm sorry),
and after completing it I started running. I find it interesting that a VN has made run for almost 7 weeks now.
What crazy things will the other playthroughs make me do!?

idduno, food for thought (I'm not sure how to use that expression).
Babli

Post by Babli »

Hi, I decided to start running too. I used to play a football, I was going regularly to trainings, so I was in good shape when I was in elementary school But in last two years of elementary school, I got bullied (good times) so I left and I stopped playing football, therefore, stopped running. That was more than five years ago.

But still, I found first two weeks of that awesome Emi schedule to be pointless to me. So today when I started for the first time, I went with Week 3. And it was fine. I feel really good about it. As a compensation, I am gonna run Week 3 for two weeks. I want to ask, does it really matter at what time I am running? I started to run at 23:45, so pretty close to midnight. Is it ok to be running, lets say, only 2 hours before going to sleep? Should I run around 19:00? In the evening? (I dont have time in the morning).

And big thanks to guys who made that charts and also music mixes. I had really great time running to Week 3 Gentlemens Workout Mix as I enjoy folk music very much. Will probably run to it next time too.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Babli wrote:I want to ask, does it really matter at what time I am running? I started to run at 23:45, so pretty close to midnight. Is it ok to be running, lets say, only 2 hours before going to sleep? Should I run around 19:00? In the evening? (I dont have time in the morning).
From things I've read here and there, I learned that it's best to run early in the morning because it'd quickstart your metabolism. Unless you're exhausting yourself in the night, it's best to be avoided, as it'd make it more difficult for you to fall asleep.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Enemy | wrote: From things I've read here and there, I learned that it's best to run early in the morning because it'd quickstart your metabolism. Unless you're exhausting yourself in the night, it's best to be avoided, as it'd make it more difficult for you to fall asleep.
Personally, I feel totally drained of energy after running, and have trouble thinking, typing, driving, doing activities, etc. If I ran in the mornings, I would probably not be able to function properly at work =/ I like to run late in the evening and then have nothing else to do for the day except shower and fall asleep.

I'd recommend just trying out different arrangements to see what feels best to you.

Edit: That reminds me: it may be somewhat obvious, but as soon as you get back from running, drink some cold water, and then shower immediately. Like before you even sit down. The water will replenish the hydration you've lost from your workout, and the shower will do wonders to wash away your exhaustion and help you regain energy and motivation (and you also won't be covered in sweat anymore).
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Babli

Post by Babli »

Thanks. I´ll try different times this week and will see. But I probably stick to late evenings :)
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Akros wrote:
StepmaniaFreak wrote:

exams, that piece of crap that drives me mad and makes me waste like 4 months every years just so my parents will shut up and so I get a diploma to put in my wall and my curriculum so people won't just throw it away when they see it.

@ZXRN i just started last week, W2D2 tomorrow, so as far as I go I would tell you to take it easy if it's been a while since you last did anything serious, do as ook says and just read the first couple pages of the post, you might find some valuable info in there :D
Yeah, I should be fine with this guide. At least, I think I can jog for 1 whole min. at least. I'm doing this weight lifting thing and my friend said that I gotta do cardio as well. So when I saw you guys improving, I had this idea to go to it too. (I hope my body can take it!) I mean, this jogging for 1 min. thing can't be that hard right? (I hope i'm right...)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
StepmaniaFreak

Post by StepmaniaFreak »

It certainly doesn't sound hard but if you're like me you're sitting almost 90% of the day. My daily exercise involves getting up, walking down the hallway, and going into the bathroom. I don't even remember the last time I ran, period. I'm fairly skinny (so everyone says) but I know I don't have any actual stamina. I can run pretty fast but I'm always exhausted after a decent sprint. Every single time I had to run the mile at school, I'd be gasping for air by the time I was done, which was generally around 8 minutes after starting. I spend too much time sitting indoors...no thanks to my hobbies (Damn you, piano!).
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

StepmaniaFreak wrote:It certainly doesn't sound hard but if you're like me you're sitting almost 90% of the day. My daily exercise involves getting up, walking down the hallway, and going into the bathroom. I don't even remember the last time I ran, period. I'm fairly skinny (so everyone says) but I know I don't have any actual stamina. I can run pretty fast but I'm always exhausted after a decent sprint. Every single time I had to run the mile at school, I'd be gasping for air by the time I was done, which was generally around 8 minutes after starting. I spend too much time sitting indoors...no thanks to my hobbies (Damn you, piano!).
Maybe start with fast-paces walks, then gradually insert jogging in the routine.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Mirrormn wrote:That reminds me: it may be somewhat obvious, but as soon as you get back from running, drink some cold water, and then shower immediately. Like before you even sit down. The water will replenish the hydration you've lost from your workout, and the shower will do wonders to wash away your exhaustion and help you regain energy and motivation (and you also won't be covered in sweat anymore).
This. This. This. And this.

During my cooldown walk today I bumped into one of my regular customers at work and she apparently took a notice to my running. We talked about C25K and she even mentioned how I'm starting to look thinner. <Insert all sorts of happy here>
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

OKies, onto the second day of my fifth week (which is the second week's worth of different exercises and the fourth week's worth of exercises as per the 100 Pushup program. Confusing? You ain't seen nuthin' yet).

I was aiming at 29/33/29/29/40+ (which I got SO close to last Friday, and achieved on Monday). I did 30/34/30/30/41.

Mostly I think to show I could. Admittedly, I haven't eaten much today (silly) and was feeling REALLY tired before I started (also silly), so I'm impressed I managed to not only complete it, but go one step further on every set.

Interestingly, my stomach muscles were hurting like mad on the last set. Weird.

Roll on Friday, time for my next exhaustion test. I got 30 on my initial test, I'd be really interested to see how far I've come.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

MoogleDee wrote:During my cooldown walk today I bumped into one of my regular customers at work and she apparently took a notice to my running. We talked about C25K and she even mentioned how I'm starting to look thinner. <Insert all sorts of happy here>
That must have put a spring in your step. :)
Althamus wrote:Roll on Friday, time for my next exhaustion test. I got 30 on my initial test, I'd be really interested to see how far I've come.
Can't wait to hear how far you get. One hundred must not seem so far away now.

My shin splints are healing nicely now. Whenever I've had them in the past, they've just got worse until I've had to stop running because it felt like my bones were about to crack in half. The new shoes and inserts appeared to have done the trick and I haven't had to interrupt training.

Just did day three week one of 100 push-ups: 11/15/9/9/11. Came up slightly short on the last set on all three days, so I'll repeat the week. It's not like I'm in a hurry, so that's fine.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!