What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: About Lilly, Hanako and selecting other paths... [spoile

Post by Oddball »

suspect that one of the reasons why some think Lilly is too "perfect" of a character is that she's constantly trying very hard to put on the appearance of being perfectly proper and restrained.
That's one of the thing that makes me love the game. None of the characters are really quite who you think they are once you really get to know them. Even if they're your friends on different routes, you never really get to see what makes them tick until you pursue them.
Not Dead Yet
demonix

Post by demonix »

acewing905 wrote:
yummines wrote:Well, that's what fan fiction is for, right?
Could be, if I had any decent story writing skills, but I pretty much have none. :(
That never stopped me starting work on my fan fiction, which is part Hanako's route, part Lilly's route (this is only more present in the currently being written chapter two), with a few original characters and a lot of ad lib included (although it doesn't show that much in what is currently readable).

Although it did require a few changes to straighten things up.
SotiCoto

Post by SotiCoto »

Lilly comes back from Scotland with a can of booze in one hand and a claymore in the other (in place of her old cane)... and she has become boisterous and headbutts everyone as greeting while shouting Japanese in a Glaswegian accent so nobody can understand her.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

SotiCoto wrote:Lilly comes back from Scotland with a can of booze in one hand and a claymore in the other (in place of her old cane)... and she has become boisterous and headbutts everyone as greeting while shouting Japanese in a Glaswegian accent so nobody can understand her.
What.
Couchto5k Progress:
Kind-of-complete, increasing speed now.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Kilo wrote:
SotiCoto wrote:Lilly comes back from Scotland with a can of booze in one hand and a claymore in the other (in place of her old cane)... and she has become boisterous and headbutts everyone as greeting while shouting Japanese in a Glaswegian accent so nobody can understand her.
What.
SotiCoto is a troll. A rather unsuccessful one, actually.
Scissors110

Bad Endings Before the Good?

Post by Scissors110 »

Now I know a lot of people will disagree with me here, but I've been having thoughts about how I'm going to go about getting my 100%. I've only completed Lilly's good path so far, and I realized that now it's going to kill me getting her neutral and especially bad ending because of how happy I was during the good ending. I kind of want to go through and complete the other characters' bad/neutral endings BEFORE obtaining the good one. I guess my question is:

Should I skip the dialogue until the dialogue that actually comes with the bad/neutral endings, then after getting those endings actually pay attention, read, and connect with the characters on my good ending playthroughs?

I know the world's not all flowers and pretty things but I like to end things on a happy note when I have a choice to, and I wouldn't want to get connected to the characters just to see bad things happen.
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ShadeHaven

Re: Bad Endings Before the Good?

Post by ShadeHaven »

Scissors110 wrote:Now I know a lot of people will disagree with me here, but I've been having thoughts about how I'm going to go about getting my 100%. I've only completed Lilly's good path so far, and I realized that now it's going to kill me getting her neutral and especially bad ending because of how happy I was during the good ending. I kind of want to go through and complete the other characters' bad/neutral endings BEFORE obtaining the good one. I guess my question is:

Should I skip the dialogue until the dialogue that actually comes with the bad/neutral endings, then after getting those endings actually pay attention, read, and connect with the characters on my good ending playthroughs?

I know the world's not all flowers and pretty things but I like to end things on a happy note when I have a choice to, and I wouldn't want to get connected to the characters just to see bad things happen.
If I'm correct, Lilly doesn't have a bad ending. Just a neutral one, thank god.
yummines

Post by yummines »

well if you dont want negative feels overtaking you when u get the bad ending, id suggest either

screw 100%
or
get bad ends first.
Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

ShadeHaven wrote: If I'm correct, Lilly doesn't have a bad ending. Just a neutral one, thank god.
haha, thank god indeed.

yummines wrote:well if you dont want negative feels overtaking you when u get the bad ending, id suggest either

screw 100%
or
get bad ends first.
My completionist attitude won't let me screw the 100%, so yeah I think I'd like to get the bad endings first. But should I just skip over all the text that makes me care about the characters to get the bad endings out of the way? When I go for the good endings I'll actually read all the dialogue. Just want opinions as to if I should save the dialogue for the good feels as opposed to the bad feels. Thanks for the replies though :)
100% Game Completion!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nemz

Post by nemz »

I did all routes for each girl, one girl at a time, and in the proecess ended up doing Rin's 'neutral' ending last.

This was a BAD IDEA. Don't do that.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
yummines

Post by yummines »

Scissors110 wrote: My completionist attitude won't let me screw the 100%, so yeah I think I'd like to get the bad endings first. But should I just skip over all the text that makes me care about the characters to get the bad endings out of the way? When I go for the good endings I'll actually read all the dialogue. Just want opinions as to if I should save the dialogue for the good feels as opposed to the bad feels. Thanks for the replies though :)
well sometimes it doesnt help. like with Hanako's bad ending, even if u skip the text you can tell that something bad happened by looking at the pictures.

if you really want to avoid getting bad feels, look at path charts and save at points that would lead to good/bad endings.
Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

yummines wrote: well sometimes it doesnt help. like with Hanako's bad ending, even if u skip the text you can tell that something bad happened by looking at the pictures.

if you really want to avoid getting bad feels, look at path charts and save at points that would lead to good/bad endings.
Well that makes sense, and I guess I don't want to necessarily avoid ALL the bad feels. I'll read the text as to what happens. Going through another playthrough tonight though I think I've answered my own question. I'll skip scenes I can fully remember, and just read through everything else. Definitely going for bad/neutral endings first, though. Thanks again to all who replied. :D
100% Game Completion!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I wouldn't try for anything first. Play the game without any walkthroughs at all. Make the choices you think are the rights ones. hen go back and make the opposite choices, after you get at least two endings for everyone, THEN use walkthroughs.
Not Dead Yet
khaosdvorak

Post by khaosdvorak »

Oddball wrote:I wouldn't try for anything first. Play the game without any walkthroughs at all. Make the choices you think are the rights ones. hen go back and make the opposite choices, after you get at least two endings for everyone, THEN use walkthroughs.
Couldn't say it better myself.
When Hanako smiles it makes you feel on top of the world.
When hanako cries.....*HNNNNNNNGGGGGGG* *dies*
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

I used flowcharts on my first set of playthroughs to ensure I got good endings first. After each good ending, I would go back and get the bad and neutral endings of that route, and then replay the last scene or two of the good ending to pick my spirits back up.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune