Orchestral arrangement of Concord

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Concord

Orchestral arrangement of Concord

Post by Concord »

Hey guys, here's my try at an orchestral arrangement of Concord. My first arrangement, and I don't have a lot of experience working with these types of programs (I'm using Edirol Orchestral through Cubase), but I thought some people here might like it and hopefully some constructive criticism too :)

http://soundcloud.com/emergent-1/concord-1
Mentlegen

Re: Orchestral arrangement of Concord

Post by Mentlegen »

Sounds nice. :)
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

That sounds cool. Can't wait to hear some other songs as well... :)
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Well done, I like the section between 1:40-1:55 really well, as well as the slowing at the end. I would've had a heart attack if my orchestra had to do that. But as I didn't compose or direct anything I can only say it sounds like something you'd hear from a recital. Though I think a grander crescendo at the beginning would've been nice, but that's just personal taste.
"We can not see past the present if we refuse to turn away from the steps we have already made in our wake."
saber2th

Post by saber2th »

Haha very nice!
Check out my Katawa Shoujo cross-over fanarts: http://saber2t.deviantart.com/
Concord

Post by Concord »

Thanks a lot guys! Any suggestions, Beoran? ;)
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

Amazing! The cymbals were a little soft for my tastes, but you nailed it with the rest of the instruments, imo. The original's warm and light feeling is encapsulated well in your arrangement. More, please!

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
Concord

Post by Concord »

Hey guys, I'll most likely start on an arrangement for orchestra for Breathlessly soon. It will take some time though, I'm a huge slacker :)
extremepiwy

Post by extremepiwy »

WOW this is great! Even if I'm not much of a fan of orchestral music I would definitely pay to go see this. Can't wait for breathlessly and many others as well,
"WAHAHAHA!~"
Concord

Post by Concord »

Hey guys, Breathlessly is almost finished, only some small mixing things and a few touchups here and there.
I was wondering, which song(s) you guys would like to hear arranged for orchestra (or something else) next?
extremepiwy

Post by extremepiwy »

Can't wait! I would like to hear "Three Stars", if it's even possible to do as its just a piano piece but its nice and sweet. Or maybe Nocturne, the student council and moment of decision? Maybe these suggestion helped? well thats what I want to hear anyways :D
"WAHAHAHA!~"
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Ha ha, glad to see I ain't the only one who uses Edirol Orchestral (but I need a better and more realstic VST for the orchestra).

Pretty good. Sounds really royal.
Josh_Mac

Post by Josh_Mac »

I commented on the track itself but I feel it bears repeating here: brilliant, brilliant job. I've heard a lot of covers of the soundtrack and, in my opinion, yours is the first to do it true justice.