Rin
8%
Shizune
7%

Total votes: 705

Murkglow

Re: Who was your first arc?

Post by Murkglow »

First time through I picked the options I personally would have picked and ended up on Shizune's path. After I finished her path 100% I went back through Act 1, did every option (including getting Kenji's end while trying for Rin's, oopsy), and made a save at the start of the other four girl's paths. Then I just did them each as they interested me (Rin > Emi > Hanako > Lilly). Thinking on it now I'd probably have done them in reverse order if I had it to do again because ending on Lilly's was kinda a let down after the others (I know Lilly is probably the most popular girl but her path does nothing for me. It's decent enough but I've just seen that same story/conflict done way too many times before).
Favorite Routes:
Rin > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly
Aspirin

Post by Aspirin »

My first was Lilly: love at first sight! (Ouch, what a pun... sorry, Lilly! :oops: )
Second was Hanako... :)
demonix

Post by demonix »

Hanako was my first arc (I actually selected the 'go for it' option, only to figure out that I'd made a mess of things and created a new save state (I'd actually saved at the decision point) and went back and chose to take it easy so I could get the path I wanted), Emi was the second, Lilly was the third, Shizune was the forth and Rin came in at the end (although I intentionally did the manly picnic).
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Emi was my first. I couldn't ignore that competitive side that wanted to race her. She was followed by Lilly, Rin, Shizune and finally Hanako. Thinking about it now, in that order, each character was a drastic change from the one before.
Denine

Post by Denine »

Hanako was my first.Her personality is like mine.Lilly was next, followed by Shizune.Now doing exercises with Emi.
Oh, and most famous antifeminist(in game, at least) had his "ending" just before Shizune's.
Paths done (in order): Hanako, Lilly, Shizune, Emi, Rin
Hardest decision so far: Agree with Lilly or trust my own judgement in Hanako path.
yummines

Post by yummines »

I was trying to go for Hanako, but messed up at the first meeting in the library. Then i messed up with Shizune with the Risk game.

Not wanting to get a bad ending i just decided i would go with Rin by joining the art club. I like Rin, though going for Hanako next
nemz

Post by nemz »

I got Shizune the first time, apparently by just trying not to be a dick to the people who'd helped me the most thus far (though it helped that I liked her feisty personality). After that I chose the opposite on every question and this led me to triggering Emi (meh with a few chuckles). It was easy to figgure out how that happened, so I did the same again without the running and got Lilly (who frankly pissed me off by the end) then Hanako (which was better, but short). Rin took a bit of trial and error to get to though, and I actually got a manly picnic on the first attempt... I thought she'd appreciate the 'nothing better to do' honesty rather than lamely expressing interest in the art club when Hisao was clearly bullshitting there, but oh well; I saved the best for last! :D
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

nemz wrote:Rin took a bit of trial and error to get to though, and I actually got a manly picnic on the first attempt... I thought she'd appreciate the 'nothing better to do' honesty rather than lamely expressing interest in the art club when Hisao was clearly bullshitting there, but oh well; I saved the best for last! :D
I did the exact same thing, on my very first playthrough. That choice seemed so straightforward that I suspected it was deceptive (I was wrong).
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Royale

Post by Royale »

Hanako's first~
Favorite routes ;
Rin > Hanako = Lilly > Emi = Shizune
Aili

Post by Aili »

Lilly. I love drinking tea, and she is just so calm and relaxed. I also wanted to get to know Hanako better, because I relate to her a lot. Making both of them friends was a plus for me =)

Her arc was great, my favorite, actually. After hers, I went for Emi (I was actually trying for Shizune, but as soon as I went to the Shanghai with her and Misha, I thought that maybe I should go for another route and play that one later). Shizune and Hanako followed, and I saved Rin's for last.
Lilly > Misha> Shizune > Hanako > Emi > Rin
Spry

Post by Spry »

My first arc was Lilly . At first I was aiming for the route of Hanako but I went to town instead.I should have saved that arc for last though, her good end gave me the feels.
Phase6Macha

Post by Phase6Macha »

Emi, my competetive gaming sense was tingling even though I was going for Hanako.
Ended up playing Hanako 3rd.
PokeHacker

Post by PokeHacker »

Got Emi in the demo, but got Hanako in the full VN. Only because I decided to be sensible and not race Emi... AGAIN... :roll:
After that, in the full version: Emi>Lilly>Shizune>Rin
Cabulb

Post by Cabulb »

I did some trial and error and set my goals on Lilly for my first path. Because I was interested in knowing her more after meeting her for the first time.

Also I did fail once (Kenji)
xcrossfacekillahx

Post by xcrossfacekillahx »

I got Hanako first. I don't know how I did it but I tried to avoid Shizune, Rin and Emi.