Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Ask!

Post by Silentcook »

We don't have a merch shop because we decided long ago not to mix money and KS. The game is free, everything 4LS released is free, and if someone makes money out of that they're going against our license. All we ask is for people to respect that.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

Silentcook wrote:We don't have a merch shop because we decided long ago not to mix money and KS. The game is free, everything 4LS released is free, and if someone makes money out of that they're going against our license. All we ask for is for people to respect that.
hmm, that brings up this question:

Suppose an anime company did want to make a KS anime. What would your stance be if they offered 4LS to make it and turn over all net profit not associated with production to a charity?

I don't think there's any company that would do it, but hypothetical questions can be fun lol
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Personally, my answer would still be "no" because anime adaptations suck. Dunno about the rest of the team.

I concur on the chance of that happening hovering between nil and zero anyway.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

leewp

Post by leewp »

Silentcook wrote:We don't have a merch shop because we decided long ago not to mix money and KS. The game is free, everything 4LS released is free, and if someone makes money out of that they're going against our license. All we ask is for people to respect that.
Ah I see... It is a shame though that as you've no way of donating money either, that way you guys can't be persuaded into making this your official job 24/7 *nudge nudge* :P But still, what you have produced is absolutely superb and I can only look forward to what else you might bring to the table in the future ^^

I guess all I can do for now to support 4LS is to tell people how excellent Katawa Shoujo truly is, and if/when somebody does release the high resolution versions of the novels pictures, to hang them on my wall, so as to remind myself everyday of the uplifting experiences I had whilst playing through your stories. :)

(On a side note, if anyone ever produces a plush chibi version of Lilly, I may lose my cool, big time... XD )
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

leewp wrote: Ah I see... It is a shame though that as you've no way of donating money either, that way you guys can't be persuaded into making this your official job 24/7 *nudge nudge* :P But still, what you have produced is absolutely superb and I can only look forward to what else you might bring to the table in the future ^^
If you want to cough up the approximately $35k a year it would take for me to be able to afford to live where I am and churn out stuff like Emi's path all day, feel free. Just don't complain when it's only text and there aren't any cool pictures or soundtracks.
CarnivalNights

Post by CarnivalNights »

How many joints a day does Hanako smoke?

What's her favorite type of weed?
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

CarnivalNights wrote:How many joints a day does Hanako smoke?

What's her favorite type of weed?
There are types of weed?

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

CarnivalNights wrote:What's her favourite type of weed?
Old Toby, the finest weed in the South Farthing.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Does Yamaku have any rules regarding pets in the student dorms? If any are allowed, which ones?

Sig not related.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Brogurt wrote:Does Yamaku have any rules regarding pets in the student dorms? If any are allowed, which ones?

Sig not related.
Shooting from hip, but pretty sure pets are forbidden except for service animals.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Aura wrote:Shooting from hip, but pretty sure pets are forbidden except for service animals.
Hey, there's a thought - did Lilly ever have a seeing-eye dog or something?
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Hey, there's a thought - did Lilly ever have a seeing-eye dog or something?
She did at one point, but it was removed, and my question had nothing to do with that anyway.
PikKirby

Post by PikKirby »

I'm not sure if this hasn't been asked already (Hang me if it was.)

I'm pretty sure Emi and Rin started going to Yamaku at the same time, was this at the start of their first year at Yamaku? (Aside from Emi being one year older...) And did all the other girls also start going to Yamaku simultaneously with Rin/Emi?
ImageImageImageImageImage
khaosdvorak

Post by khaosdvorak »

Sure this has been asked before but I could'nt find any relevant results with searching.

Anyways, I like to import my scanned drawings and edit them with GIMP.

I run linux. Can anyone recommend any better programs for editing drawings and adding their colors?
When Hanako smiles it makes you feel on top of the world.
When hanako cries.....*HNNNNNNNGGGGGGG* *dies*
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Cossack Commissar wrote:Hello, i'm new to the forums, but i'd like to ask: Has KS had any resounding effect on the developers'/creators' lives? I know it hasn't had much of a positive financial effect (as it's free for download), but has it in any other way?
It has made me depressed, because I will now forever be associated with lemon-scented lube.