Can't find the game.

HybridPenguin

Can't find the game.

Post by HybridPenguin »

I must be really stupid. I tried downloading KS 3 times already. Twice using IE and once with Firefox. I can't find the file of the game anywhere once I download it from IE and the fucking file won't open in the Firefox downloads. I tried asking on Yahoo Answers but they are just a bunch of middle aged dumbasses that are not even helping me.

So if anyone can help me please!! I really want to play this.
Rednal

Re: Can't find the game.

Post by Rednal »

HybridPenguin does, I believe, know where the download is.

Penguin, have you checked where your download location actually is? Or tried the "search" tool to locate the file?
raemz
Artist

Post by raemz »

if youre using firefox,
go to the tools->options
thats where it should be located...
if you still cant find it just use the search tool
gay
Severyo

Post by Severyo »

If you're using Vista, then check your documents and the folder inside called downloads, rather than your downloads.
HybridPenguin

Post by HybridPenguin »

Thanks for helping me with the pic. I just made a new file and I can see the files for the game. I'll comeback next time if I have any other problems.
HybridPenguin

Post by HybridPenguin »

Well, I opened it in Firefox but it says I need an application for it. I have no idea what to do now, Im looking around in my files for the "application". So please help me, again.
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

...I believe you just install the game directly... I haven't used any web browser to play it.
HybridPenguin

Post by HybridPenguin »

I'm so helpless doing this. If theres a video to show me how to do this it might be a lot easier.

Post by Guest »

HybridPenguin wrote:I'm so helpless doing this. If theres a video to show me how to do this it might be a lot easier.
It's just like any other program you download. Click the download link, find the file you downloaded then double click on the file and let it run.
Envy

Post by Envy »

HybridPenguin wrote:Well, I opened it in Firefox but it says I need an application for it.
What exactly are you downloading and what operating system are you using?
HybridPenguin

Post by HybridPenguin »

Guest wrote:
HybridPenguin wrote:I'm so helpless doing this. If theres a video to show me how to do this it might be a lot easier.
It's just like any other program you download. Click the download link, find the file you downloaded then double click on the file and let it run.
My laptop is just utter shit when it comes to downloading nowadays. I know it doesn't have full memory yet, but still.
TKPsycho

Post by TKPsycho »

Guessing you don't know how to torrent?

Post by Guest »

HybridPenguin wrote:
Guest wrote:
My laptop is just utter shit when it comes to downloading nowadays. I know it doesn't have full memory yet, but still.
I think we better start from the top.

As the poster above suggests, are you trying to torrent the game or are you downloading it directly?

If you don't know wth I'm talking about, say so.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Hi.

I am suspecting that you have downloaded the wrong version for your operating system.

If you are using a windows machine, please download http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/act1/%5B4L ... 9EF%5D.exe
If you are on a Mac, please download: http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/act1/%5B4L ... 2E2%5D.dmg
If you are using Linux, pelase download: http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/act1/%5B4L ... 5D.tar.bz2

I'd also suggest that you right-click the above links and select "Save Target As..." (or something similar to that).
You will then be able to specify where you want the file to download to.

Also, make sure that you are "saving" the file and not "opening" it.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money