Iwanako

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Fatalis

Re: Iwanako

Post by Fatalis »

erisi236 wrote:She stopped visiting the hospital because she died in a traffic accident one day while coming to visit. No one told Hisao so he wouldn't become upset and possibly die.

So while he still resents her for not coming to visit anymore, he's unaware that her last thoughts were of him.
Is this speculation, or is this true? If its true, do you have a link? It sounds odd to me, but it could work.
Pato2747

Post by Pato2747 »

erisi236 wrote:She stopped visiting the hospital because she died in a traffic accident one day while coming to visit. No one told Hisao so he wouldn't become upset and possibly die.

So while he still resents her for not coming to visit anymore, he's unaware that her last thoughts were of him.
This would work beautifully.
AnonymousComment

Post by AnonymousComment »

I was thinking, that if ever you guys at 4 leaf studious decide to make another game you should have a little bit of overlap between them. Iwanako could maybe show up at some point in another game and mention in passing that she once confessed to a guy, and he had a heart attack. Maybe she could be a super unlucky girls who always has that kind of stuff happen to her?

I just think it'd be neat if there was a 4 leaf studio "world", where the Yamaku High School for disabled children exists along side whatever other stories are told there.
ClckwrkLoyale

Post by ClckwrkLoyale »

Misha is Iwanako with a wig

CALLING IT NOW(actually called it earlier, Matsuda-chan agreed, don't bother him about it)
“If I would be in the company of priests in heaven, I would rather go to hell,”
eaterofsouls101

Post by eaterofsouls101 »

........seriously? O.o thats...unexpectly.....undescribable,what cruel irony ):
TKPsycho wrote:You forgot heart.

And Kenji is captain planet.
Silver Seraph

Post by Silver Seraph »

That actually sounds really sweet. I'd be satisfied if Hisao at least found out about this and to see his reaction. Doesn't need to be a heart attack; maybe a little HNG.
pibby

Post by pibby »

As interesting as it sounds, I don't think she'd fit in the story very well. But only, if only, Hisao hasn't put the past behind him. Then I'd imagine a scene where he sees her one day, they chat, and then it results in Hisao having no interest in her and moving on in his life. Other than that she's just some random girl of the past.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Having Iwanako return in any form just seems unneeded. The only reason I'd see for her reapearance in the story would be to add tension and with the situation consisting of 3 "coupled" sets of girls with one of them destined to be broken up by Hisao's arrival and relationship with one of the girls and the automatic creation of an "orphan" girl.... Nope; there is plenty of material there already for the writers to play with. After a point adding more is just clouding the story.
I just can't see this creative group that has done such a wonderful job with Act 1 not continuing to do the same with the rest of the story. :)

correction... her _next_ to last thoughts would be of Hisao. Her _last_ thoughts would be, "OMG! Look out for that...." :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

I posted this in 'the plot speculations thread' but I figured this would be a good place to also put it.

The only thing that actually happened was the opening scene in the snow. Hisao is still in the hospital on life support in a coma.
The school and all the people who go there are just apart of his dream. In the True End of the game, if Hisao comes to terms with each of his emotional issues that everyone in his dream represents or tries to help him overcome (It cant be mere coincidence that every character seems to have a lessen to teach him, Yuuko and the elephant in the room, Nurse and staying healthy to name the most obvious), he will wake up. Also it turns out Iwanako was visiting him everyday the whole time he was in a coma. Also also, Iwanako's face will finally be revealed in the True End, and she will have aspects of each of the main girls.
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

Nosson wrote:I posted this in 'the plot speculations thread' but I figured this would be a good place to also put it.

The only thing that actually happened was the opening scene in the snow. Hisao is still in the hospital on life support in a coma.
The school and all the people who go there are just apart of his dream. In the True End of the game, if Hisao comes to terms with each of his emotional issues that everyone in his dream represents or tries to help him overcome (It cant be mere coincidence that every character seems to have a lessen to teach him, Yuuko and the elephant in the room, Nurse and staying healthy to name the most obvious), he will wake up. Also it turns out Iwanako was visiting him everyday the whole time he was in a coma. Also also, Iwanako's face will finally be revealed in the True End, and she will have aspects of each of the main girls.
Sounds like a LOLGAINAX ending to me, I wouldn't like that one bit. I personally think it'd be trying too hard to make a DEEP ending, and you just know how many people will be pissed off at that kinda ending. Even if it's a route that you get only after completing every other route, it'd be an ending that many would like. Not that the devs have to cater to what we want or anything, they can write whatever. But its an idea I find in pretty bad tastes. Sure, its sweet in a sense but after spending the whole game learning about everyone else and reading their character you get an end with someone you don't even know. You can only infer she cared about Hisao, but we don't even know if she actually talked to Hisao before confessing to him. Or if she's just some stalker(actually may appeal to the yandere crowd).

I find the idea of her bumping with Hisao again to be better, but I probably wouldn't even want that to happen. Its probably best if she's just left out the story. People get over crushes, its possible she stopped liking him after only a week of him in the hospital bed. Only she decided to visit him out of guilt, feeling it was her fault he was hospitalized.
Random Guest

Post by Random Guest »

Nosson wrote:I posted this in 'the plot speculations thread' but I figured this would be a good place to also put it.

"Oh, guess what, it was all a dream!" I hate endings like that...
Rozen

Post by Rozen »

Iwanako and Hisao have about zero relationship development in the game. In the beginning it seems like she's pretty much a stranger to him. I don't think they had a big enough effect on each others' lives to have any sort of importance to each other. Basically Iwanako was just there to give him a heart attack to get the main story started and get us all worried about what will happen to him if he falls in love/is confessed to again.

here is an image of why I think this. His contact with her was mostly through eavesdropping. They didn't even know each other as friends. Not really worth further development I think.

toast

Post by toast »

Rozen wrote:Iwanako and Hisao have about zero relationship development in the game. In the beginning it seems like she's pretty much a stranger to him. I don't think they had a big enough effect on each others' lives to have any sort of importance to each other. Basically Iwanako was just there to give him a heart attack to get the main story started and get us all worried about what will happen to him if he falls in love/is confessed to again.

here is an image of why I think this. His contact with her was mostly through eavesdropping. They didn't even know each other as friends. Not really worth further development I think.

Yeah, it would just be stupid if they added her to the game. It would be like one of those soap operas where they add some random new character in an attempt to boost ratings or something.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
Trigoelin

Post by Trigoelin »

I'm a Japanese who finishes this game a little while ago.

About "Iwanako",I recommend renaming her.
Because It is such a Impossible name in Japan that one name doesn't hit with Google except handle names.

Most names of a modern Japanese woman consist of dissyllabic or three syllables,for example,"Emi"or"Shizune." The name of four or more syllables is extremely rare, and I have seen only "Sakurako"(it mean 'a girl like cherry' )or "Kaoruko"('a girl smells sweet').
Besides,though "Iwanako" is a meaning "Girl like a char"in kanji, it is not thought that the char isn't suitable to express the female name in Japan.

If special effects in the story are not expected in using the name, I think it had better to rename her at the stage of the demo version.

By the way,there is a animation "Legend of galactic heroes" in japan and one of its protagonists named "Reinhart Von Loengram".Though he is great protagonist,many Germans seem to laugh at his name because it is very odd name in modern Germany.
Anon

Post by Anon »

If "Iwanko" is so strange-sounding, the devs should probably take the oppurtunity of learning this to swap it out, if only so it sounds better in a possible Japanese translation. It'd be awfully easy since she's such a minor character.