Music that makes you think of KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirrormn

Re: Music that makes you think of KS

Post by Mirrormn »

Doraleous wrote:Not a suggestion of any song but I don't feel creating another thread just for this question is warranted.

So, I wanted to ask, do all the girls have a theme song? I know that Emi's is "Standing Tall", Rin's is "Parity", Shizune's (I think) is "The Student Council" and Hanako's (I also think) is "Painful History" (despite the fact that the first dialog scene with her you have "Everyday Fantasy" playing on the background).

Does Lilly also have hers?
You've got the first 4 right. Lilly's theme is Concord.

To go a bit farther, many of the secondary characters have unofficial themes as well.

Misha's is Generic Happy Music
Kenji's is Out of the Loop
Yuuko's is Fripperies
Jigoro's is Everyday Fantasy
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
bronko

Post by bronko »

Music that makes me think of KS?
My own, because I used to listen it while playing KS. The music in KS is certainly beautiful but I decided to turn it off after I finished the first two paths since the combination of text, pictures and music hit me way too deeply. Yes I'm sentimental. Now I can't listen to some particular songs without remembering particular scenes. Damn i need new music :lol:
I apologize for any grammatical and spelling mistake I may do. English is not my native language.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Almost anytime I hear a piano it makes me think of KS. The soundtrack for the game was near perfect.
Libra

Post by Libra »

I don't know why this remind me of KS...

good series too IMO
Doraleous

Post by Doraleous »

Mirrormn wrote: Lilly's theme is Concord.

To go a bit farther, many of the secondary characters have unofficial themes as well.

Misha's is Generic Happy Music
Kenji's is Out of the Loop
Yuuko's is Fripperies
Jigoro's is Everyday Fantasy
Oh thanks, my Rin bro. Would never ever have imagined that Jigoro's theme is Everyday Fantasy, I'd have thought it'd be something like Everyday Jackassery.
Zeppy

Post by Zeppy »

'Flaws' by Bastille.

There's a hole in my soul
I can't fill it, I can't fill it
There's a hole in my soul
Can you fill it? Can you fill it?

You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve
And I have always buried them deep beneath the ground
Dig them out! Let's finish what we started.
Dig them out! So nothing's left unturned.

Completely found this song by accident on Spotify radio, and now it's one of my favourite songs. Reminds me of KS so much I inextricably assosciate them with each other...
yummines

Post by yummines »

Hanako - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y-HJzH2O2I
especially the part where she explains her past with the simple drawings

Rin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su2MlWYYo-A
mainly the title of the song, but also the scene where Hisao walks in on her naked trying to paint and how they speak afterwards

Hisao - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkeKIFDnths
dat prologue :lol:
Fretless

Post by Fretless »

I can't associate this song with anything except Hanako.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

The soundtract to the anime Denpa Onna reminds me a lot of the KS soundtract.

The story lines are also interestingly similar, in that Makoto meets a lot of "interesting" girls with "unique" attributes, especially Erio. And he struggles with trying to connect with them, and tries to figure out how to enhance his life and theirs.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

I heard Cake's Short Skirt/Long Jacket the other day and immediately thought of Shizune.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

for good ol' Kenji

Jackrabbitt

Post by Jackrabbitt »

Lullaby of Creation - Approaching Nirvana
Motionless Thoughts - Approaching NIrvana
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

This song make me think of Hanako, even though it's a rock song it suits her well if you have played through her route.
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
Arcfault

Post by Arcfault »

When I was listening to my iPhone, Aerosmith's "Dream On" came on and I immediately thought of the end part of Lilly's storyline. I saw it play out like this:

I could hear this song start playing as he's holding her origami crane and starting to realize his own mistakes in their relationship. He finally realizes that she was looking for him to tell her to stay, at least tell her what he wanted. Then when the drums start the buildup like a heartbeat, I can see him deciding he needs to stop her and he gets up to throw his clothes on and race to the taxi.
When the next verse starts, he's gotten to the Hamamachi residence and desperate to speak to her. He speaks to Hideaki and finds out she's gone. Hisao drops to his knees in defeat, but when the lyrics "All the fears… come back to you", Hideaki says that there maybe a chance. Hisao grabs him and begs Hideaki to tell him. The moment that he says that they had just left and he may be able to catch him, he's on his feet and is racing to the cab with the lyrics "Sing with me, just for today, Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away" playing in the back ground. I then saw him yelling to the cabbie to race as fast as he can, and the cab races off to the airport.
During the musical interlude, with no vocals, we'd see Lilly and Akira get out of their cab and start walking slowly to the airport. A few seconds later, when the song nears the end of the guitar interlude, Hisao get's out of his cab farther back and starts pushing through the crowd. When the chorus starts, "Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year, Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear", he sees Lilly away off and starts yelling at her, begging her to stop. He starts frantically pushing his way through the crowd, feeling his heart beat like it did on the snowy day of his heart attack. He's pushing with both hands, screaming to Lilly to stop walking, until finally, before the lyrics "Dream on, Dream on, Dream on, Dream until your dreams come true", his heart starts to give out and he's knocked to the ground. He alternates between reaching for her and crawling to stop her, until he has to clutch his chest.
When the next line of "Dream on, Dream on, Dream on, Dream until your dreams come true" he can't crawl any more and is having muscle spasms on the ground. A crowd starts to gather and someone starts yelling for an ambulance and doctor. Hisao is still desperately trying to crawl but now people are trying to keep him still. He keeps trying to say her name, but he can only gasp a few words. The camera would catch that someone in the crowd on their knees hears him saying her name and follows his line of sight. With tears in his eyes he twists around to see Lilly still walking, but her head is cocked like she does when she hears something and her steps have slowed, but he no longer has a voice to cry out with. As the lyrics "Dream On" are screamed over and over again, I saw him seeing the letter Iwanako sent him in his mind, but when he saw her name at the end of the letter, it blows off of the page and he then sees Lilly's name written there. He gives a final cry of anguish, curses himself in his mind and gasps her name once more before his body gives out.The camera would pull back slowly and see emergency people racing to him and Lilly, barely walking with her head turned around trying to understand the commotion behind them still far away from the crowd.

Sorry. I know that was long, but I can't get the scene out of my head and I had to get it down in print. Sadly I'm a closet romantic so I'm sure that that whole scene would come off as melodramatic, but I've begun trying to storyboard it out to see if that is the case. My hope is that I can somehow/someday animate it so that I can share how I interpreted Lilly's storyline at that point. LIlly's is my favorite story by far, and I've seen her whole story in my mind as an anime, with subtle tweaks because of the change in medium. I don't know if I'll ever finish it, but this game has given me a drive to try to do things I haven't fully tried and a desire to change my life for the better.
Great job Four Leaf and Suriko, you've certainly hit this guy pretty hard, especially where when I hear songs I start seeing scenes play out in my mind from the game.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Break my stride

Go ahead, listen to this, pay attention to the lyrics and try to tell me this doesn't fit Emi near perfectly.
Not Dead Yet