How Do I Delete ALL My Data? [SOLVED]

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
royaltyler

How Do I Delete ALL My Data? [SOLVED]

Post by royaltyler »

I have a MacBook Pro, specifically a 10.6.8 Snow Leopard if that information is even needed, and I have a friend who wants to play the game, starting from the beginning with their own judgement, well, probably their own judgement. I want to know how delete ALL the game data, but how do I do that? I tried to delete and reinstall the game, but that didn't work it, kept the data. And what I mean I want to delete are the little check marks next to each decision, the end were you must make a single decision, the scrapes of paper that appear at the main menu, and all the extras. What do I do?
Last edited by royaltyler on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what to put here, yet. I may put something here.
dragonfi

Re: How Do I Delete ALL My Data?

Post by dragonfi »

Hi, I don't have a mac, so I cannot give precise information, but I can probably point you in the right direction.

Ren'py, the engine that Katawa Shoujo use stores user/player data in a directory separate from the install folder.

On Windows it would look something like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Application Data\RenPy\

On UNIX-like systems (Linux and probably Mac OS X) it looks like this:
/home/myusername/.renpy/

Looking in the equivalent directory in you OS would be the first thing to try.

In case of games the main benefit is that you can install the game/program wherever you want, and each user can have their own set of saves/settings for it.

It also helps in allowing the install-folder to be read-only for the user, that is good prectice from a security standpoint.
Last edited by dragonfi on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
royaltyler

Post by royaltyler »

dragonfi wrote:Hi, I don't have a mac, so I cannot give precise information, but I can probably point you in the right direction.

Ren'py, the engine that Katawa Shoujo use stores user/player data in a directory separate from the install folder.

On Windows it would look something like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Application Data\RenPy\

On UNIX-like systems (Linux and probably Mac OS X) it looks like this:
/home/myusername/.renpy/

In case of games the main benefit is that you can install the game/program wherever you want, and each user can have their own set of saves/settings for it.

It also helps in allowing the install-folder to be read-only for the user, that is good prectice from a security standpoint.
I did a system search, and my computer could not find anything by the name if renpy. Sorry.
dragonfi

Post by dragonfi »

royaltyler wrote:I did a system search, and my computer could not find anything by the name if renpy. Sorry.
Don't be (sorry), it's me who couldn't provide specialized information after all.

I tried searching the Ren'py forums, and this thread might be what you are looking for:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... OS#p187000

You could try looking at that forum too, since it's a general Ren'py thing.
royaltyler

Post by royaltyler »

dragonfi wrote:
royaltyler wrote:I did a system search, and my computer could not find anything by the name if renpy. Sorry.
Don't be (sorry), it's me who couldn't provide specialized information after all.

I tried searching the Ren'py forums, and this thread might be what you are looking for:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... OS#p187000

You could try looking at that forum too, since it's a general Ren'py thing.
I just deleted my Ren'Py folder, thank you! While I was gone I deleted all everything I could find related to the game recently that wasn't in the Ren'Py folder, I went to the main site and re-downloaded the game (it is still downloading), and just now found the Ren'Py folder and deleted it. It should work now, I will get back to here if it doesn't, but it probably will. Thank you again.
royaltyler

Post by royaltyler »

It worked! Yay!
dragonfi

Post by dragonfi »

royaltyler wrote:It worked! Yay!
Yay indeed. :D (Just be careful if you have more than one Ren'py powered game.)

Thanks for taking the time to check back with a reply. Technical minded people can find dangling threads quite frustrating, so posting that it indeed worked is always a good thing.

Oh, and I think you should mark this thread as [SOLVED]. (Just append it to the title of the first post.)