Which of the girls would you date in real life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Which of the girls would you date in real life?

Post by Guest »

3 letters: E-M-I
Because she's strong for any damage and so beautiful with an energetic body!!b :lol:
Murkglow

Post by Murkglow »

Lilly and Hanako are too laid back for me. I'd have a polite friendship with them and help them out but nothing deeper most likely. Misha is too loud and her initial personality doesn't draw me in. Rin is a maybe if I meet her in the right frame of mind (the problem there is forming the relationship, once it's started I think I could keep it up). Shizune would be challenging and I like that. I'd make it a point to talk to her without misha's help even if we didn't go out (starting with written conversations and moving on to learning sign). Finally Emi would be fun to hang out with and I do like exercising if I have someone to do it with.
Favorite Routes:
Rin > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly
SirLadette

Post by SirLadette »

IRL? That's a thing? :shock:

It couldn't be Rin because i'd strangle her out of frustration, Lilly is way to classy for me, and Hanako isn't outgoing enough for my tastes. I've got a lot in common with Shizune, which could be both a good and bad thing. I like her competitive nature and the fact that she's very good at saying things without saying them, and I enjoy a good battle of wits. Emi could work, but I get really weird when it comes to cute cute girls and prefer to observe them rather than pursue them. My best bet for a lasting relationship would probably be Misha. She's energetic enough to keep up with me and goofy enough to put up with me, she's also sensitive and caring and by routes end she can add hard working to her resume.

It's really close between Misha and Shizune though, and if I could get past the "Ohshe'ssocute!" phase Emi would work as well. Damn dating sims, they've got me looking for the harem option in real life.
Ship all the characters!

Reppin' Team Misha, all day ere-day.
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

atm as I haven't been able to bring myself to do Rin and Lily, I would say Hanako or Emi, I feel like going with Hanako would mean something to me but I can't put my finger on what that something is and I love Emi's energy it just makes me smile though I'm not all that active
Royale

Post by Royale »

Hanako - - Hmmm. When I first played this I went straight to Hanako's route. She was the one who captivated me and had me, yes, genuinely concerned. I couldn't date her, though, because I got her neutral ending at my first try. I wanted to shelter her and protect her too much; so it didn't work out. The same would happen in real life, I reckon. I would fall for her, try to woo her, but end up only being close friends with her and be completely content with just sitting with her and reading. I would have a heavy crush on her, but wouldn't do anything about it for the sake of that friendship. We could be extremely close friends; and, I could want more out of it, but it couldn't happen. The unrequited love on a bestfriend pretty much describes how it would end up.

Lily - - Lily and I would be good friends; but it would never go beyond that. We would click well together because we are both able to see the beauty in the world - She doing it despite being blind - and I would hold a strong admiration for her. I'm a very proper person { usually; it depends on who I'm with } and so, she and I would get along well with this in hand too. We would be close friends. She'd be the kind of girl I'd want to chill with, just hang out with, and have a nice laid back conversation with. Tea drinking buddies~! But, I wouldn't even say we'd become bestfriends. Just closeish kind of friends. I wouldn't be able to share anything too personal with her because of how properly and motherly she is because it's somewhat intimidating. We could become close casual friends { best way to describe it so far~! Yes! } and that's pretty much the gist of it.

Emi - - Emi and I. . . If Lily and I are close casual friends, then Emi and I would be extremely distant acquaintances. She'd kind of be the person that I would want to spend more time with, wished that we were closer, because obviously she's a cool chick. But, we wouldn't be compatible that much. We'd be on friendly terms - Say hi to each other in the hallways, and if I were to be forced to go running in the morning she'd be my first pick for a running buddy. But we wouldn't be hanging out at all; and we definitely wouldn't be dating. But she's extremely cute, so there'd definitely be a bit of attraction to her.

Shizune - - Lolololol. Nonononono. We wouldn't get along at all - I would go out of my way to not talk to her and to avoid her. I'm a very laid back, casual, person. She's too tense for me . She and I would bump heads constantly. If I tried talking to her, and argument would ignite about something. We wouldn't date; couldn't date. We wouldn't be friends. And we wouldn't be on friendly terms with one another. At all~

Misha - - I know Misha was not a route, but she's still a girl, right? And since she's gay, she's the most obvious one for me to go over. With my lesbianism and all. She would be the girl I'd have an off and on relationship - if we could sort out the issue with Shizune being her bff and me hating her - we could have a relationship, sure. She's a fun, bubbly, crazy person. We could do it, but it'd be extremely rocky. The kind where breakups sparked every other week. A dramatic high stressed relationship that wouldn't end with us being omfgmadlyinlovehaha! I'd like to say it could end with us being casual friends, but with the Shizune issue, it'd probably end with us being worst enemies.

Rin - - This is the girl I could see myself becoming closer than two people normally get, emotionally, and dating and having an amazing relationship that ends in marriage. She's the character I loved the most from the beginning, even when she was the last route I went through, she stood as my favorite character. She's an amazing beautiful character and she sees the world with a different aspect than other people do. I wouldn't understand her mind all of the time - But I would try to, and I would have fun time doing it too.
Favorite routes ;
Rin > Hanako = Lilly > Emi = Shizune
Rin-Tezuka

Post by Rin-Tezuka »

ziamatt wrote:From the five main girls, probably Emi. I couldn't handle Hanako's insecurities well, Shizune's too aggressive for my tastes, Rin's cool but I'm not sure I could keep up with her spaciness, and I think I wouldn't be able to feel at ease around Lilly's refined and elegant nature. Emi's cool though and with a fairly simple yet fun personality.
I'd also consider Misha. She's fun, but she has a lot more energy than I do.
I'm not spacey. The boredness is just there a lot. Tables are interesting though, you should try looking at one.
Have you ever talked about being bored? It's pointless and not very exciting. All you can really say about it is 'I'm so bored'. I once spent a week trying to think of something meaningful to say about boredness. It was the most boring week I've ever had.
Slayermaster

Post by Slayermaster »

Rin. Rin so much...
uwa

Post by uwa »

I'd get shot down by Misha.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
Felgenhauer

Post by Felgenhauer »

There's just something about Lilly that I find so appealing. I'd have to say it's the mix of beauty and elegance added with the kind, caring, and philanthropic nature she has. It's basically everything that I'm looking for in a woman.
Favorite Routes:
Lilly > Hanako > Emi > Shizune > Rin
nemz

Post by nemz »

Rin, definately. Playing through her route was like looking at a catalog of my exes so I've more or less already dated her several times, just not all at once. She made WAY more sense to me than she did to Hisao even though I'm more of a 'thinker' than a 'feeler' too. the difference is I'm a thinker with a background in several areas of liberal arts and a creative professional, just someone who gets by on technical skill rather than expression.

I'd enjoy dating Shizune as we'd have a lot in common, but I doubt I could get along with Misha long enough to ever really get to know her because I'm a much darker sort of cynic than Hisao and endlessly cheerful idiots really get on my bad side in a hurry. I'd probably end up in "enemy of my friend" territory with her and be miserable sitting next to them all year, much less group assignments.

I'd never have pursued Lilly or Hanako in the first place beyond being just friends. They're nice but boring, and because of that I'd probably never get close enough to ever seem them actually cut loose a bit. If I did I'd screw them both up anyway... I mean I'd totally fall for Hanako's white knight trap then end up yelling back rather than leaving because it's her behavior that led me to act that way and I don't back down easily. Lilly's behavior in her arc honestly pissed me off (both for stringing you along and for the pitying look after blindfold play) to the point where by the end I took no joy in getting her good ending and found the whole thing an unbelievable mess, even forcing me to interpret her staying as still being motivated more by pity than genuine love.

Emi's deliberate lack of openness would have been enough for me to suggest we either break up immediately or both feel free to date others while staying friends with benefits. If her heart isn't in it then I don't see the point, nor does she inspire enough emotional investment in me to push past the walls in her heart.
Last edited by nemz on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Ya i could picture my self, playing chess, and pool with Hanako, and going out to have tea with Lilly. I like Lilly, and i know i would get along with her, so i know i would get along with Hanako's closest friend, and even if Hisao existed as well i know i could get along with him too. We could go on double dates me and Hanako, Hisao and Lilly XD
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Hanako.
I'm shy, she's shy.
I can deal with her shyness in a way where she's comfortable.
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
Another Guest

Post by Another Guest »

Well...

Emi - I could only be good friends with Emi. Even then, our friendship would probably only happen if I ended up living next to her (Requiring Co-ed), like Rin, if she invited me to something, like Hisao, or if I meet her through someone else and stayed in contact. In the end, she would probably be turned away from the fact that I wouldn't be nearly as physically active as her, and I would be turned away from her being somewhat annoying. (Not sure if "annoying" would be the right word. Her personality didn't irritate me, and to say that I would simply tolerate it doesn't sound right either. I guess a good way to explain it would be that I'd enjoy her company depending on the situation.)

Hanako - Acquaintance. I just wouldn't be willing to get close to her, due to her initial timidness. However, I'm sure that deep down I would worry about her, but any worries I would have just wouldn't bother me enough to feel the need to get past her timidness and try to help her. Even if I ended up becoming a friend of Lilly's, I just couldn't see myself being friends with Hanako.

Lilly - Yes, but I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't last long, so the result would end up being friends. I think she just wouldn't like how quiet and extremely informal I'd be, and while I'd enjoy her motherly nature, something about it would eventually put me off.

Rin - Rin is a tough one. If someone got us to talk to each other, I think we could become something like friends due to our similar pace and some similar interests, but becoming more than that would be difficult. I'm not sure if I can explain it, but I think that neither of us would be able to recognize any possibility of getting to the level of dating without getting help, accidently or not, from some outside force. The only example that I think could possibly paint a picture of what I mean would be the scene Signal Interference, where Rin is high on codeine. Basically, I wouldn't mind dating someone like Rin, at all, but I think neither of us would actually know how.

Shizune - Not even a chance. I don't hate her, but I'm not a major fan either, so indifferent. She would despise my pace, and I could only tolerate her bossy attitude.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Eclipse wrote:Hanako.
I'm shy, she's shy.
...Wouldn't you both be too shy to talk to each other?
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Titus wrote:
Eclipse wrote:Hanako.
I'm shy, she's shy.
...Wouldn't you both be too shy to talk to each other?
I guess you have to assume there is also a real-life Lilly around to help you out in that regard.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune