Mendācium (Hanako) - Version 1.1.1

WORDS WORDS WORDS

vblm

Re: Mendācium (Hanako) - Part 2 Is Now Up

Post by vblm »

Hum. Interesting. Actually, I don't think this is too far fetched. When I think about it, I can actually see Hanako doing something like this. And I can see Hisao being Hisao. He's a sucker for solving other peoples problems like a good little protagonist. The guy can't help it.
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

unimportant wrote:Certainly, an option is to just turn his back on the situation. He's been deeply hurt and betrayed and is well within his rights to just leave her. But is that really the right thing to do?
Yes. It is absolutely the right thing to do, both for him and for her. As I and others have noted he has other options for ensuring that Hanako remains safe. He is not obliged, either ethically or morally, based on simple decency or nostalgia or anything else, to deal with her shit after a betrayal of this magnitude. He just isn't. And frankly, attempting to do so isn't particularly healthy for her, either. It's just a fucked up iteration of co-dependence that will end badly for all involved.

Get out now, Hisao. Tell other interested parties about what happened and make sure she gets help, and then run like hell. It's the only chance either of you has to come out of this mess in one piece.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

First off, I want to commend you on what is a very well written and plotted fanfic that I am immensely enjoying thus far

Now, to the content itself:

*sigh* Jesus, Hanako is beyond redemption, if your plan is to redeem her. She just betrayed Hisao worse than any imaginable scenario.

I like how you mention that Hanako does not have an actual physical disability unlike Hisao. Everybody seem to forget that and think of the reverse

And clearly, Hisao's real disability is lacking a spine and testicles.

I just feel he's doing a great injustice to himself ( and Hanako ) by now coddling her like a mother to an infant.

Onto forgiveness, I don't know how it's possible. Unless a halo were to suddenly appear above his head, I just feel the story would lose all verisimilitude
It only hurts when I breathe
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

I honestly don't want to get too into the discussion regarding Hanako's guilt in the context of this story, but all I will say is that I disagree that she is unforgivable, or "beyond redemption" so to speak. She is a shattered wreck at this point, but if she's willing to reform herself, then there is still hope for her.

Hisao is an inherently good person, perhaps to the point of stupidity. What he and Hanako have had so far is a reason to stay, not to just kick her into a ditch. Whether he will actually forgive her remains to be seen, but they do still care for one another. It might just be a question of whether that's enough.

We wouldn't have shows like Maury otherwise!
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

She didnt stop cheating on Hisao out of guilt, who knows how long she would continue to betray him. That fact is what finally put her into the unforgivable category for me
It only hurts when I breathe
lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

"oh hai, first guy in my life that looked past my horrible disfigurement and love me for who I am, listen, you know how you helped my psychological issues in dealing with other people? Yeah, I used that newfound confidence that you instilled in me to have sex with another dude. Apparently, you cant satiate my ravenous libido, and the other guys penis flipped a switch inside me to super hardcore slut mode. Yeah, so several dozen times behind your back, we fucked. Oh why didnt I break up with you? Dont be silly, that would mean I am capable of decency. Anyways ... whats that? Guilt? Oh no, I didnt break up with him. He raped me and left. I probably would have accepted his apology the next morning and continued fucking him. Behind your back. I cant stress how much better his penis is compared to yours. So yeah, Im behind this fence to prevent you fron hitting me. Hits that I totally deserve. Also Im threatening to commit suicide to prevent you from overtly give me the verbal lashing I deserve. You know, verbal lashing totally remind me of him. Oh, so ill remind you that its you and not me thats physically crippled and I would totally kill myself if you break up with me. So put on your kiddy gloves, walk on eggshells around me, and done on me like a mother to a btby"
Brogurt

Re: Mendācium (Hanako) - Part 3 Is Now Up

Post by Brogurt »

Part 3 is now up. Enjoy~

Oh, and PLEASE let me know if you think it was executed well. I don't want to have another master of romance on my hands.
Mealforthree

Post by Mealforthree »

I was cringing the whole time. Nicely written, but fuck is Hisao a cringeworthy d00dster.
BlackRockHanako

Post by BlackRockHanako »

I'm sure a lot of people will be disappointed with the direction it's taken, although they probably won't be surprised. Still, well written.
BobBobberson

Post by BobBobberson »

Mealforthree wrote:I was cringing the whole time. Nicely written, but fuck is Hisao a cringeworthy d00dster.
Same here, I had to turn away to cringe because of how awkward Hisao's becoming. And that's without reading the H-scene.

I don't think his train of logic involving his guilt with Hanako is believable though. I mean Hanako's guilt with her parents might've made sense if she started it somehow. But Hisao didn't directly have a hand in any of this.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

I suspected that Hisao would attempt to kick it up a notch and pay the price for it.

His thought process seems to make sense, but his level of clarity is almost off-putting.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

Im completely baffled at Hisao's logic here
Mealforthree

Post by Mealforthree »

>help girl get better
>have a friendly break-up
>two years later, instead of sitting at home (like she would do if she were still a shut-in), she goes out
>gets hit by a bus
>Hisao crie dat dere be his folt

Seriously. Hisao could then write shitty philosophical treatises pertaining to causality.
lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

Yeah I literally did a "da fuq?" at the end

His self blame (no matter how minuscule) is borderline insanity
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Mealforthree wrote:>help girl get better
>have a friendly break-up
>two years later, instead of sitting at home (like she would do if she were still a shut-in), she goes out
>gets hit by a bus
>Hisao crie dat dere be his folt

Seriously. Hisao could then write shitty philosophical treatises pertaining to causality.
>using the wrong color for greentext
And for the record, it was months, not years, and he had been pushing her to be more social, but not to that extent. If he told her to go outside and get the mail when she got hit by a truck or whatever your analogy is, I think he'd have plenty of reason to feel guilt.
Mahorfeus wrote: His thought process seems to make sense, but his level of clarity is almost off-putting.
I kind of expected that it would seem like a deus ex machina to some, but keep in mind that this is the first time he's ever realized how sad he is over the events that have happened recently. You might say that the sex was a union in more than one sense of the word.
BobBobberson wrote: I don't think his train of logic involving his guilt with Hanako is believable though. I mean Hanako's guilt with her parents might've made sense if she started it somehow. But Hisao didn't directly have a hand in any of this.
Hanako's guilt isn't entirely rooted in logic; PTSD and survivor's guilt are like that. But it's still very real, and so is Hisao's guilt, regardless of how "at fault" the perpetrator really is. That's why he feels like he understands her a little better now.
Last edited by Brogurt on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.