Message to all the artists

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

te-kun

Message to all the artists

Post by te-kun »

Why don't you join Pixiv? On gelbooru there are over 700 Katawa Shoujo pics but on Pixiv there are only 150 with the tag かたわ少女

Maybe this might help spreading Katawa Shoujo even more.

If anyone need help joining Pixiv or adding tags you can ask me but I'm sure that there are people much better at Japanese than me around here.
Snow_Storm

Re: Message to all the artists

Post by Snow_Storm »

There's a rule I believe On Gel/Danbooru that states that no artists can post their works unless through a third party.
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

Snow_Storm wrote:There's a rule I believe On Gel/Danbooru that states that no artists can post their works unless through a third party.
Actually on gelbooru it is not allowed anything drawn by a not Japanese unless given specific exception by the moderation team for quality.

But I'm talking about Pixiv, a site for artists where artists (amateus and pros) post their works.

By posting there it would increase the visibility among the Japaneses so they start making fanart/doujinshis increasing the visibility outside Japan too.
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

This sounds suspiciously like a marketing ploy...
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

You seriously never heard about pixiv?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixiv

It is something like gelbooru but instead of anonymous users posting images it is artists who post their works. In fact a lot of the stuff in gelbooru was reposted there from Pixiv.
Felgenhauer

Post by Felgenhauer »

The O.H.L. wrote:This sounds suspiciously like a marketing ploy...
Indubitably.
Favorite Routes:
Lilly > Hanako > Emi > Shizune > Rin
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

There are some staff memebers who already are on pixiv but even they have to very few to none pixiv art
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=145972
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2254088

Since, surprisingly, the community is being so hostile I think I will just try to contact the artists one by one.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I just heard about this and...

...oh wow now I found a new favorite pic
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=26390111

I know I'm not supposed to do this concerning I still have 2 work in progress, one planned, and a bunch still up in the air but...
That image needs a fic to complete...*thinkthinkthink*

and hey look, a madoka crossover to complete that Shizune one:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=26060102

*EDIT*
...I should add this too since he/she just gave the answer to that one question that I kept thinking about sometimes:
"although they wouldn't suit her, shizune would look cute in overalls and a straw hat"
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=24215046

Yes, I can read and understand them. So what :/
Last edited by Megumeru on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

te-kun wrote:Since, surprisingly, the community is being so hostile I think I will just try to contact the artists one by one.
You may want to take into account the possibility that people know about Pixiv and just don't give a damn, or don't feel like having to navigate a Japanese site when they already have an English one such as deviantART.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

te-kun

Post by te-kun »

Silentcook wrote:
te-kun wrote:Since, surprisingly, the community is being so hostile I think I will just try to contact the artists one by one.
You may want to take into account the possibility that people know about Pixiv and just don't give a damn, or don't feel like having to navigate a Japanese site when they already have an English one such as deviantART.
Those are the people who ignored the thread, the ones who replied were the ones who were hostile. Also it isn't about navigating there, just that the artists who already made some nice art upload it there too.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

te-kun wrote:
Silentcook wrote:
Those are the people who ignored the thread, the ones who replied were the ones who were hostile. Also it isn't about navigating there, just that the artists who already made some nice art upload it there too.
Hey, I'm not hostile about this. In fact I just knew about this and it's pretty great :D
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Aili

Post by Aili »

It's a pretty good idea to post them in Pivix - it may make more people interested in KS. However, the artists may not like the fact that it's in Japanese, given that it could make it a bit hard to post art. I haven't tried posting anything in Pivix, so I don't know how that works, sorry.

That being said, I think that the art posted in the KS tag is pretty good - I especially love the Puella Magi Madoka Magica crossovers with Katawa Shoujo.
Lilly > Misha> Shizune > Hanako > Emi > Rin