Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ben

Re: Ask!

Post by ben »

Is it implied Misha has brain damage? I thought it was mentioned he fell down stairs or something. :? We may never know.
Anonymous152

Post by Anonymous152 »

I has a question :)

In Lilly story arc, it's explicitly stated that Yamaku accepts physically disabled and healthy students, but not mental-health cases. But some of the students clearly display mental health issues, Hanako most notably, has physical injuries that barely qualify as a disability at all (Her physical needs barely differ from an able bodied student), but her mental health issues are crippling. So, why the statement about no mental health cases? - Just a writing oversight?

Edit: Oh, also! - In the thanks thread there is a lot of stories from people who have tales of how the writing made them look critically at themselves and change for the better. What's it feel like to know you're inspired people like that? - Proud of your work... or a little creeped out? :lol:
Last edited by Anonymous152 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Anonymous152 wrote:I has a question :)

In Lilly story arc, it's explicitly stated that Yamaku accepts physically disabled and healthy students, but not mental-health cases. But some of the students clearly display mental health issues, Hanako most notably, has physical injuries that barely qualify as a disability at all (Her physical needs barely differ from an able bodied student), but her mental health issues are crippling. So, why the statement about no mental health cases? - Just a writing oversight?
I think when they say "mental disabilities" they mean "learning disabilities". That is to say you can't go to Yamaku for Autism or ADHD, but you can if you have PTSD or something. They have therapists on campus, as noted in Hanako's route and probably Lilly's too. Of course, the Devs have the ultimate say in this, I may be mistaken.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

ben wrote:Is it implied Misha has brain damage? I thought it was mentioned he fell down stairs or something. :? We may never know.
...no. It's just stated that she gets dizzy on stairwells.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Felgenhauer

Post by Felgenhauer »

I was wondering if it were possible to get a physical copy of some of the KS art books or a packaged version of the game. I would do just about anything to get my hands on those.
Also, what sorts of conventions are the Devs going to appear at this year, if any at all.
And lastly, what are the Devs doing now that KS has been released and 4LS is no more? Do you have any plans for the future, individually or with any of the Devs involved in KS?
I apologize if any of the questions have been previously answered, but thanks for the input. I can't begin to tell you how inspired I have been from KS. It's truly changed my life and perspective on people. It's restored my faith in humanity.
Favorite Routes:
Lilly > Hanako > Emi > Shizune > Rin
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Felgenhauer wrote:I was wondering if it were possible to get a physical copy of some of the KS art books or a packaged version of the game. I would do just about anything to get my hands on those.
Also, what sorts of conventions are the Devs going to appear at this year, if any at all.
And lastly, what are the Devs doing now that KS has been released and 4LS is no more? Do you have any plans for the future, individually or with any of the Devs involved in KS?
I apologize if any of the questions have been previously answered, but thanks for the input. I can't begin to tell you how inspired I have been from KS. It's truly changed my life and perspective on people. It's restored my faith in humanity.
We don't have any extra copies of the art books lying around, nor hardcopies of the game. Those have been sold exclusively at Comic Market conventions by the japanese translation team. A few devs have said they'd go to Anime Expo in Los Angeles this summer, aside from that I can't say.
We still hang around and stuff, I'm sure some of us will want to do something neat at some point too.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
TheBostonRunner

Post by TheBostonRunner »

Have you had any second thoughts on making any other games? I recently found KS and it really pulled my heart strings, and if anything it helped me get through some emotional things I was going through IRL. I would download any other works you guys published instantly. I think I really learned a different lesson from each path as well, example I learned not every girl is looking for a white knight from Hanako's. I even have begun to do a routine exercise every morning to let off steam and to stay fit because of Emi, I thank you from the deepest part of my hart for making this, and I hope you make another VN.

Edit: Should have read some other posts on the same page, disregard the question about making anything new.
ben

Post by ben »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
ben wrote:Is it implied Misha has brain damage? I thought it was mentioned he fell down stairs or something. :? We may never know.
Okay, though I thought she might have attention deficit/hyperactive disorder. Because she kind of has that personality and fits well. :o
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

ben wrote:
Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Okay, though I thought she might have attention deficit/hyperactive disorder. Because she kind of has that personality and fits well. :o
$50 says I live more South than all of you
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

I was not aware the KS Devs looked like Brock. What an enlightening cartoon.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

This is a topic that has intrigued me for a while, but I just now realized I could simply ask it in the Q&A thread:

Who is responsible for the musical direction in KS? I.e., matching soundtrack selections with scenes in the story. Did NicolArmarfi score the game after most of it was already written? Or did the authors write each scene already having knowledge of what music was available to accompany it? Or were the text and the music produced independently, and then matched up by someone else after the fact?
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Mirrormn wrote:This is a topic that has intrigued me for a while, but I just now realized I could simply ask it in the Q&A thread:

Who is responsible for the musical direction in KS? I.e., matching soundtrack selections with scenes in the story. Did NicolArmarfi score the game after most of it was already written? Or did the authors write each scene already having knowledge of what music was available to accompany it? Or were the text and the music produced independently, and then matched up by someone else after the fact?
The music direction was done by delta, Raide and yujovi. Nicol and Blue worked simultaneously with the rest of us, though most of the soundtrack was composed way before the script was finished. Even so, most of the time the soundtrack was not really a factor during the writing process. Sometimes the writers or directors found that there was no track that'd fit a certain spot in the script, so we simply asked the composers to make a new track for that mood.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
extremepiwy

Post by extremepiwy »

This is my question to all of the writers for KS.

How far ahead to you plan for your route when you first started? Did you already have the plot,climax and ending sorted out or was it like a "plan as you go" method"?
"WAHAHAHA!~"
Ippo279

Post by Ippo279 »

Drawing has always been very hard for me, since I lack imagination, especially when drawing people. My question is, how hard, or long did it take you guys to come up with the sprites for each character? More specifically, did you guys just begin to draw at whim, or were there major influences in your drawings? Sorry if this has been asked before.Thanks!
"One does not simply forget Katawa Shoujo.."
sonyslayer

Post by sonyslayer »

Why does hisao look so derpy in the shizune route. :?