Last sentence to Hanako (Spoilers)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: Last sentence to Hanako (Spoilers)

Post by Oddball »

I'd like to think I could find some way to apologize to her, to make her understand that I did think of her as a person, somebody that I cherished and wanted to spend time with. The only reasons I treated her that was because I couldn't stand he thought of somebody that meant so much to be being lonely and in pain. All I wanted to do was help her and find a way to make her happy.

That's what I'd like to say, but knowing me, I'd probably say something like, "Umm... I guess ... I'll be going ... now."

I'll be going now? Really? Is that the best line you can come up with, Hisao? God, you're so stupid! You're never going to be able to explain this to Lilly.

You better hope Rin or Emi still wants to be your friend.
Not Dead Yet
BobBobberson

Post by BobBobberson »

Oogy wrote:Oh dang, everyone's being quite evil here.

I actually thought Hanako as completely right in her decision to shout at Hisao, given what an ass he was.
While Hanako is right, it doesn't mean Hisao can't get in a harsh insult as he leaves her life forever because his attempts at being the douchebaggey white knight are being rejected.
Murkglow

Post by Murkglow »

I'd apologize for my choice of words because my god did Hisao lay the whole "protect" thing on thick.
Even if she didn't have a complex about being "protected"/being seen as a child/"broken" person, I think even a more "normal" person would take offense from how he was speaking to her.
Favorite Routes:
Rin > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I think "I'm sorry" would have been the most appropriate response, not enough to salvage things, but at least not open to misinterpretation.
TheTrueCole

Post by TheTrueCole »

My instinctual reaction.

Forgetting KS is like trying to ignore a kanker sore on your tongue. One does not, simply.
megiddo

Post by megiddo »

Murkglow wrote:I'd apologize for my choice of words because my god did Hisao lay the whole "protect" thing on thick.
Even if she didn't have a complex about being "protected"/being seen as a child/"broken" person, I think even a more "normal" person would take offense from how he was speaking to her.
ya, for srs dude. he was suggesting that they hang out in places where people couldn't see her. lol, that's just retardumb.
Bi-Polar Hernandez

Post by Bi-Polar Hernandez »

Screw words. Give the poor girl a cool down hug.
Oogy

Post by Oogy »

Bi-Polar Hernandez wrote:Screw words. Give the poor girl a cool down hug.
Knowing anako, I doubt she'd allow him to hug her at that point. Even more so because it'd seem like he's trying to protect her even more.
I don't normaly go on forums, but when I do, it's pretty damn sure that needed more of whatever it is the forums is about.
There just had to be -more- to "The Katawa Shoujo Experience". ( 100% completion D: )

100 pushup program, pretest: 55
bronko

Post by bronko »

Hanako doesn't like being treated as someone abnormal. okay, makes sense to me. so, i would try to get her believe that i'm actually treating her the way she wants to be treatened, as a normal human being. in addition, making her a guilty conscience could move her enough to change her behaviour. some of you surely don't appreciate this tactical move, haha.
i would say something like

" no Hanako, i don't think you're broken. also, i am not here to tell you.

i'm here because you're a close friend for me. simply as that. somehow you re even more than a close friend for me but i think this doesn't matter now. to be honest, i won't make a difference with lilly. when i found out about lilly crying in her room, i would still come over immediately. not because i think she's broken or something. hell, we both actually know how strong Lilly is. i would be there because i obligate myself to be there for my friends. what kind of friend am i, letting my closest cry out withoug moving a cash? see where i am going to? the most normal i can do, is to try help you. the most normal you can do is to accept this. don't you have any faith in your most-loved? obviously it's not lilly but you standing in front of me. while lilly will appreciate such an exploit (someone caring for her as friends normally do), you're burying youself in your own world here with rules, made by and for you, judging everyone for not acting how they're supposed to in your eyes. you are stubborn, thinking everyone is throwing around you because you are such a broken person. you want a normal treatining, nethertheless you also want to be left alone everyone to pretend that you re not existing. tell me, do you call that normal behavior if we act like this? you just rejected a friendship and it hurts. more for me than for you.
Sorry for everything. i wish i made this clear earlier. "

Then i would walk off, spend some time at kenji, wait for her to appear at my door, go to the hallway, close the door behind me with a loud noise, wait for her to turn around frightened, let her speak, embrace her.
I'm already close to crying. someone please make a story out of this.

no seriously, i know this is very idealized. it surely wouldn't work. Hanako would either bury herself in her bed and never speak with hisao/lilly or suicide. besides my plan is somehow unfair because i think it's in conflict to what Hisao said/thought before her outburst (white knight...). and of course, there is no way i could afford to say something relatively complex like this in this very moment. still, this thread bares many very interesting conclusions. BobBobberson ftw :)

this is just the conlusion of some thinking at 4 a.m.
good night every1
I apologize for any grammatical and spelling mistake I may do. English is not my native language.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

no seriously, i know this is very idealized. it surely wouldn't work. Hanako would either bury herself in her bed and never speak with hisao/lilly or suicide.
Hanako isn't going to commit suicide. She's spent most of her life alone and unloved A few more months till the end of school is nothing to somebody that's gone years with nobody to turn to. She'll endure. She won't be happy, but happy isn't something she's used to anyway.
Not Dead Yet
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

I never got her bad ending, and am not going to. I really dont know if Id be able to take it.....so, Ill never know....

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

ArazelEternal wrote:I never got her bad ending, and am not going to. I really dont know if Id be able to take it.....so, Ill never know....
Does it not bother you that you're not only missing out on parts of the story that cpl_crud specifically wrote for you to read, but also missing out on aspects of Hanako's character that are revealed in those bad endings?
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

ArazelEternal wrote:I never got her bad ending, and am not going to. I really dont know if Id be able to take it.....so, Ill never know....
The bad endings are much, much easier to take if you've already seen the others. That's not a problem with the writing; it's a psychology thing. The first ending you see in a given path is going to be the one that imprints on you, so holding off on the bad ending prevents that from happening.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Oogy

Post by Oogy »

Nekken wrote:
The bad endings are much, much easier to take if you've already seen the others. That's not a problem with the writing; it's a psychology thing. The first ending you see in a given path is going to be the one that imprints on you, so holding off on the bad ending prevents that from happening.
I got Hanako's bad ending as the very first ending...

That hurt.
I don't normaly go on forums, but when I do, it's pretty damn sure that needed more of whatever it is the forums is about.
There just had to be -more- to "The Katawa Shoujo Experience". ( 100% completion D: )

100 pushup program, pretest: 55
Daggett

Post by Daggett »

How can I "fix" something that isn't broken? You stood up for yourself by yourself.
Individuality's fine... As long as we all do it together.