>70
0%

Total votes: 1089

WorldlyWiseman

Re: POLL: The Various Age Groups of KS ~Revised~

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

The Poll wrote: >60-70, 1 person
Nomiya, is that you?!
Last edited by WorldlyWiseman on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Wander

Post by Wander »

ShadeHaven wrote:
Exbando wrote:I'm 19, and I'll be 20 in a few months. It's weird being in the same age group as people who are technically not supposed to have played the game.
This. And I don't mean to downplay the maturity of those that may be under the age of 18, but being 19...I feel much more mature than I was 4 years ago.
I think it would've made sense to make one of the border lines at 18 as it is indeed the legal age to play the game and a large part of the 15-20 category is going to indeed be 18 or 19 years old and we don't really get a proper indication of how many underage people we have here.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Wander wrote:...and we don't really get a proper indication of how many underage people we have here.
Strong hint: the "proper indication" of how many underage people we have here should be zero.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

EyesOfLilly

Post by EyesOfLilly »

I myself am 21 22 in 2 months time, but I must say it's very disheartening seeing that there is a few underaged people here especially since this forum is for a VN suited at a 18+ audience. Part of me hopes it's just trolls messing around.
Fave Girls: Lilly >Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
Fave Misc. Characters: Akira>Miki>Yuuko>Misha>Nurse>Kenji>Nomiya>Hideaki>Jigoro
Fave Paths: Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin > Shizune
# 2

Post by # 2 »

Hm, 38 and feeling somewhere between 20 and 30 most days of the week.

On the topic of underaged views of KS, I had my first real crush at around ten or twelve, it was unfortunately cut short by leukemia. I still remember her fondly, and not really understanding what was happening when my grandmother and her mother talked to me about why Candice (Who everyone called Candy) wouldn't be able to play any more. I was given a children's book about a girl with cancer (Wish I could remember the title of it now, but it's been far too many years).

While the adult elements of KS are really not for children, they can be turned off. Given that fact, I see no problem with a person under the age of fifteen playing the game; it's not like a younger person can't know heartache, or what it's love is. If someone had asked my when I was ten if Candy was my girlfriend (And I am sure a few did, just to tease), I'd have said all the usual things a ten year old boys says in regards to girls-- 'yuck, cooties, etc.'. But I did love her on some level, not a romantic love maybe, but but definitely something more than just friends. Going to her funeral was confusing... not knowing what heartache was, I suppose. I just thought it wasn't fair that my best friend wasn't going to be there anymore.

So, yeah, a little adult supervision goes a long way in a game like this, so that the young person can ask, and get an honest answer, about the more difficult situations that come up in the game.

Been a while since I visited the old sandpit where Candy and I used to play. Think I'll go and visit and old friend this evening.
My Deviations. Please try not to laugh.

Lemons, not just for tangy drinks and incendiaries anymore!
yummines

Post by yummines »

Id draw the line around 15, cause thats when u enter high school. Then u start making a little more serious relationships.

Wondering what 9 year olds are doing playing a visual novel. Most 9 year olds hate reading!
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

yummines wrote:Id draw the line around 15, cause thats when u enter high school. Then u start making a little more serious relationships.
I don't know. A high school junior is much more mature than the average 15 year old freshman, at least in my experience in high school. I think 18 was a pretty safe age to set the limit at.
MajorasAnguish

Post by MajorasAnguish »

I'm 15 and I'm turning 16 in two weeks. Not to sound condescending or anything but I feel pretty mature for my age compared to the rest of my peers in high school(I LOATHE THEM!)
ImageImage
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

At least 7 people are lying/trolls.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Goreka

Post by Goreka »

So if you are 20, which category do you go in? ._.
Aspirin

Post by Aspirin »

I'm 33, but due to some sort of Peter Pan Syndrome and very youthful appearance, many think I'm 20... :D
Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

Well, I'm 21 now but I just wanted to say that when I was underage I was totally not looking at the types of adult content we see in Katawa Shoujo. Nope. Not at all! :lol: That being said, I know for a fact that even if I was mature enough to handle the content we see in KS at that age, I definitely wasn't mature enough to fully comprehend everything the story had to offer. I still would have experienced feels, sure. I was always chasing after the ladies in high school. I'm really glad I was able to experience it at the level of maturity I have at this point in time, however. Open enough to embrace new experiences, still young and a bit of the romantic type, patient enough to read every single line in the game, among other things. I only hope the same for KS' younger audience, or at the very least hope that they come back to it in a couple years!
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage