Katawa Shoujo Cosplay!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Stellar

Katawa Shoujo Cosplay!

Post by Stellar »

I'm not going to lie here, but I first downloaded Katawa Shoujo to giggle at a cripple dating sim. I really didn't expect it to be anything more than, "LOL LET ME DATE SOME CRIPPLES OVER HUR" but I ended up falling in love with the game during the prologue.

Now, as some of you may know Otakon 2009 is coming up soon! Because of this, my best friend and I have decided to cosplay Misha and Shizune. (with me as Misha and her as Shizune.)

Now, I've looked around the forums a bit, and have found a lot of good info. Especially Atashi's cosplay reference sheet!

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any full body references of Misha and Shizune which... kind of prevents me from knowing what kind of shoes the two wear. (or if Misha wears short socks, or anything)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Edit: Oh! If anyone has a picture of Misha's hair from the pack, I'd be extremely grateful! Her hair is so confusing, sob.
Last edited by Stellar on Tue May 12, 2009 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blue123

Re: Katawa Shoujo Cosplay!

Post by Blue123 »

You can find a ref for Shizune in the classroom scene.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1231

Hope that helps.
Fatalis

Post by Fatalis »

One of the wallpapers have a full body reference of the girls, albeit small though, however Misha isn't there.

http://katawa-shoujo.com/wallpapers/sd_wp_1600x1200.png
Stellar

Post by Stellar »

Blue123 wrote:You can find a ref for Shizune in the classroom scene.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1231

Hope that helps.
Oh gosh! I totally forgot about that! Thank you so much! <3
Fatalis wrote:One of the wallpapers have a full body reference of the girls, albeit small though, however Misha isn't there.

http://katawa-shoujo.com/wallpapers/sd_wp_1600x1200.png
Ooh, thank you for this! It'll be really helpful if I can convince some other friends to be part of our-- uh, group.

<3
Last edited by Stellar on Mon May 11, 2009 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'll also be doing Shizune for Otakon :O And over here it seems there will be more.

Though body-wise I'm more of a fit for Lilly, I like Shizune more, which is why I chose her. My mom apparently found some perfect socks at Target, I haven't seen them since she's 1000 miles away from me. We'll all have to meet up sometime at the con for a photoshoot.
Stellar

Post by Stellar »

Kari wrote:I'll also be doing Shizune for Otakon :O And over here it seems there will be more.

Though body-wise I'm more of a fit for Lilly, I like Shizune more, which is why I chose her. My mom apparently found some perfect socks at Target, I haven't seen them since she's 1000 miles away from me. We'll all have to meet up sometime at the con for a photoshoot.
We do! I have 2 other cosplays (Girafarig//Pokemon Gijinka and Seras Victoria//Hellsing) so we should all definitely pick a day to all meet up and photoshoot! I'm really pleased with the amount of people cosplaying from Katawa Shoujo because when I first thought of the idea I didn't think anyone would recognize us at at the con, much less be cosplaying from the same series!

That's so awesome! I love Shizune and Misha,They're so adorable.
Last edited by Stellar on Mon May 11, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Aw man, you're also doing a Pokemon cosplay? That's sweet, since I'm also doing Cynthia from that series sometime during the con, and that may or not have a photoshoot (there's a thread at cosplay.com with only a few responses)

But even without a scheduled photoshoot, I know from experience that a group of people that are dressed the same are usually stopped for a lot of pictures XD
Stellar

Post by Stellar »

I am! I have a few friends who are also dressing up as pokemon gijinka and I believe a lot of other people are going to this year, too! The same best friend and I might also dress up in our rocket grunt cosplays because she already has hers, and I'm making one anyway.

I wouldn't worry about replies to the thread since I think there's going to be a lot of pokemon cosplays this year. If I wasn't doing Misha I'd probably do platinum Dawn, myself.

And yes! Even if people don't know they series they'll stop you if you're in a big group/cosplay looks really good.

I kind of want to get my Best Friend's brother to dress as Kenji now, even though he's like 6'5".
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

If you're dressing up as KS girls, please post some pictures here after the convention. XD I imagine that we'd all like to see them.
SatansBestBuddy

Post by SatansBestBuddy »

I just want to chip in and say, "Good luck explaining this concept to people without weirding them out!"

Also, post pics >:3
Rule #1 of the Internet: It does not matter what you like, your reasons for liking it, and how much you like it, somebody out there hates you for liking it.
Stellar

Post by Stellar »

Actually I'll probably be posting photos as I make the cosplay! Just so I can get opinions and things of that nature. Right now my biggest problem is Misha's socks and shoes; It's been said that all the girls aside from a few wear penny-loafers, but I'm not sure that's the case anymore. Currently, I'm thinking short white/black socks (covering the ankle), or knee white/black socks. (just below the knee)

HAHA, YES! Like, when I asked my best friend if she wanted to cosplay this with me it was... really awkward. I can't imagine asking anyone else, "Hey, do you want to cosplay a cripple with me?"

I'm really excited to be working on this cosplay and I'm probably going to look around for a wig tonight/tomorrow.

:D Hoorah!
Kari

Post by Kari »

I don't think I explained this to my mom yet, since she'll be helping me with the sewing (I break sewing machines when I touch them...). I just call it "the schoolgirl outfit" since she can't remember character names.

I've started looking at wigs, not 100% sure which style I'll want to go with since I'll have to style it anyway, and dye it to that blueblack color.

Once I start working I'll post some in-progress pics, but that won't be until next month.
ChaosEngine

Post by ChaosEngine »

I won't be able to attend Otakon this year, which is really beginning to get on my nerves. I want to be there to see everyone's great costumes!

Make sure to take lots of pictures. Good luck with it!
lurk moar

Post by lurk moar »

Rednal wrote:If you're dressing up as KS girls, please post some pictures here after the convention. XD I imagine that we'd all like to see them.
qft. pics or it didn't happen.
Moekki
Artist

Post by Moekki »