100% and more

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sethkowns

100% and more

Post by Sethkowns »

I'd just like to simply ask this just, to see how others who have recieved 100% felt. So basically i have 100% and yet here i am still redoing every route. Has anyone else here who has finished the game completely found themselves still playing or atleast looking over certain scenes every now and then???
Because i certainly am. I mean, this game has meant a lot to me, but it's not like it runs my life. To me it will always be a game i will simply log around 20 minutes a day in, for the simple reason, that to me this is the greatest "novel" or "book" ever written. I feel as if i treat this game more as a book than a game. Like i'll get my coffee and sit down to read this just like i would any other book.
"I was warned that he was not only invincible, but strong enough to probably destory the building with a punch, or at least knock over the painting hanging in the hallway." Hideaki

Favorite Routes in Order: 1. Hanako 2. Lily 3. Emi 4. Kenji 5. Rin 6. Shizune
Game completion: 100% and aiming to still redo everyone's route.
Favorite Girl: Hanako!!!!!!!!
ShadeHaven

Re: 100% and more

Post by ShadeHaven »

I'm already on my second complete playthrough: finished Emi's and Lilly's, and working on Shizune's at the moment. I tend to end my nights with about an hour's worth of playthough. I really can't stop playing this game, at least not right now. It's left too much of an impact to just vanish after 100%. I've never really been that into reading text for long periods of time, but this VN is an exception. I do find myself looking in the gallery every now and then, remembering how i felt during certain scenes. I know that I may never get those same feelings again from this VN, but excellently written story of each route combined with the art and amazingly fitting music is enough for me.
Sethkowns

Post by Sethkowns »

by ShadeHaven on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm already on my second complete playthrough: finished Emi's and Lilly's, and working on Shizune's at the moment. I tend to end my nights with about an hour's worth of playthough. I really can't stop playing this game, at least not right now. It's left too much of an impact to just vanish after 100%. I've never really been that into reading text for long periods of time, but this VN is an exception. I do find myself looking in the gallery every now and then, remembering how i felt during certain scenes. I know that I may never get those same feelings again from this VN, but excellently written story of each route combined with the art and amazingly fitting music is enough for me.
Yeah i agree, its nice to hear how other people feel about this. Its not like i let this game run my life, but if i just never played this again, there would always be a void in my life. So as far as i can tell, KS will remain in my life as somthing to read in the morning to start my day.
"I was warned that he was not only invincible, but strong enough to probably destory the building with a punch, or at least knock over the painting hanging in the hallway." Hideaki

Favorite Routes in Order: 1. Hanako 2. Lily 3. Emi 4. Kenji 5. Rin 6. Shizune
Game completion: 100% and aiming to still redo everyone's route.
Favorite Girl: Hanako!!!!!!!!
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Sethkowns wrote:Yeah i agree, its nice to hear how other people feel about this. Its not like i let this game run my life, but if i just never played this again, there would always be a void in my life. So as far as i can tell, KS will remain in my life as somthing to read in the morning to start my day.
This VN has just taught me so much about myself it's scary. It's also shown the positives and negatives of each of these girls, and helped me understand what type of girl i'm compatible with. I just got out of an almost 2 year long relationship with a girl that sort of a hybrid between Emi and ghetto (lawl). As adorable as I found Emi to be, I know I couldn't be with a girl like that, or similar. I don't do well when a person I know and care about shuts me of their life or hides behind a thick shell, but who would do well in that sort of situation? I'd be much better off with someone resembling Lilly or Shizune. But I digress, this VN was a masterpiece to me and i'm guaranteed to be revisiting it in the future.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

I'm always a big proponent of doing multiple playthroughs of KS. I found my understanding of every route was increased significantly after my second time to 100%.

I used to re-read some scenes just for my own pleasure (I was especially obsessed with Proof of Existence for a while), but now I only open the game for academic purposes, when I need evidential support for a forum argument.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Ive finished every route as well. 4 times for Lilly, 3 Hanako, 2 Emi (working on third), 2 Rin, 2 Shizune. I cant just leave the game alone now that Ive completed it once. It doesnt rule my life. I can put it down for a while, but I have to play it for a bit each day. At least a couple hours.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I lost count how many times I've played them over and over again.

Mainly on Shizune, Hanako, and Lilly's route; often, they are for source materials or my own personal research and analysis on their characters and the plot.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

I've already achieved 100% as well. I still play KS but I also throw in a bunch of other things to do as well. At the moment, I'm going through Emi's arc for the 4th time, just completed Mass Effect 3 for the third time, Playing the ME3 multiplayer to get better weapons, started a new hard reset of the entire Mass Effect series with a renegade female sentinel, watching Avatar: The Last Airbender (Ep 41 so far) for the second time, and slowly downloading, re-watching, and creating a compilation video of Urusei Yatsura (Rough English translation is "Those Obnoxious Aliens). I have a lot on my entertainment plate.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Still haven't 100% once, I have a short attention span, I play games in close bursts.

But looking at how I got Star Craft 2, Fall of the Samurai, Red Dead Redemption, and Skyrim, I has more entertainment :D
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

Well, I am currently replaying Emi arc and intend to replay Hanako's as well. I actually noticed there's a bunch of stuff I missed on my first playthrough.