Once Upon a Wartime (Kenji/Yuuko, erotic content) [COMPLETE]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Vekter

Once Upon a Wartime (Kenji/Yuuko, erotic content) [COMPLETE]

Post by Vekter »

Hey guys! Here's my first KS fic. I hope you guys enjoy it. I'll try to complete Parts 3 and 4 soon(tm). Read, review, etc. please!

(Think of each part as a scene. Also, erotica will be in later parts and I'll write it so you can skip it if you don't like that kind of thing.)

EDIT 6/26: I've proven to be terrible at actually updating when I'm supposed to, so feel free to add me on Steam and bitch at me if you see me playing something instead of writing.

Big ups to Scissorslips for helping me with the concept and proofreading.
-----

Part 1: Thousand Yard Stare

Yuuko sighed in frustration as she tossed and turned in her bed, once again failing miserably to get any quality sleep. No matter how hard she tried, she just could not get any rest, her mind either worrying about school or work or, more often than not, wondering whatever happened to her boyfriend.

Sure, it had been a few years, but the memory was still fresh in her mind. He was a sweet man, really, but had just left her for some unknown reason. She just woke up one morning and he was gone...

Yuuko closed her eyes and tried to remember. A park. A verdant, bright-green field of grass. Her and her boyfriend, walking hand in hand, talking about the future. It sounded cheesy, but it was one of the best moments of her life. Just the two of them; no worries, no concerns. All that mattered was that they were together, and the rest would work itself out in time.

She remembered that day vividly; they had gone to lunch, then decided to just walk around town, seeing the sites and talking with each other. As they walked, she stopped him, removing his glasses and looking into his deep eyes. She kissed him; the first time she had kissed anyone, and said the words she would never forget:

“I love you, Kenji Setou”.

As Yuuko remembered, tears began to roll down her face, staining the pillow under them. The memory was happy, yes, but it reminded her of what she had lost, and what she needed to find again. She sobbed as she thought back to that night: they returned to her apartment and she gave herself to him; he was her first. The next morning, he was gone.

The memory was almost too painful to think about, but it brought her some strange comfort; despite being the end of their relationship, it was a good memory: The feeling of him wrapping his arms around her, making her feel safe and warm... The feeling of his breath against her neck as they slept. Despite the outcome, that night was amazing.

She finally stopped crying, closing her eyes and drifting off into sleep, thinking only of Kenji and wondering what happened to the man she loved.

-----

Part 2: Appeasement

“Hisao, I'm telling you. Okay, listen. The Americans developed this thing called HAARP, right? It's supposed to be some interstellar microphone or some shit, but they're full of it. People who live around the thing complain of headaches and I've even heard of a few becoming sterile. I'm convinced it's a feminist plot to control the most powerful nation in the world!”

Here we go again. On another one of his tangents. Kenji Setou, the person I'm almost sad to call my best friend here, is a strange man. As we walk, he continues to explain his latest crazy conspiracy theory. I let him ramble as we approached the library.

Knowing his disdain for the hall of books, and figuring that he probably had no idea where we were, I neglected to mention our current location to him. However, his constantly increasing voice as he neared the apex of his tangent (something about the American president being a puppet for the feminist regime) had me worried that we would disturb the library's patrons.

As if reading my mind, Yuuko poked her head out of the door, looking at us with a expression that soon changed from puzzled, to shocked, to outright amazed. I wasn't aware that a human's eyes could go that big, but there she was, gawking at both of us like she was a deer in a pair of headlights.

Thankfully, Kenji continued on his rant, now so absorbed that it was doubtful anything would really stop him any time soon. Yuuko quickly motioned to me, so I informed my companion that I needed to go talk to Mutou about something and left him to his devices for the time being.

I ducked into the library, where Yuuko began to stammer and sputter, more flustered than I'd ever seen her. “WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?!” she half-whispered, half-shouted to me as she closed the door. “Who, Kenji?” I replied, dumbfounded.

“Yes, Kenji! Wait, hang on. If he's here, then why hasn't he come to see me? Oh, what if he hates me?! Oh god, what am I going to do?” Yuuko continued on like this for a solid minute before I interjected.

“Yuuko, what's wrong?” She gave me a mortified look, apparently realizing her state, and pulled herself together quickly. “Nothing's wrong... I just need to figure some stuff out is all.”

“I'm not that dense, Yuuko. What's going on?” She looked at me pensively and finally decided to tell me the whole story: how she and Kenji had met and dated, how she had confessed to him, and how he had left her that night.

“That... doesn't really sound like Kenji, to be honest. He might be crazy, but he's not a jerk.” I shook my head, thinking as best I could with an almost sobbing Yuuko next to me. I patted her on the back and tried to calm her down, to no avail. “Well, it was him! Kenji Setou! I'll never know why he did it, but he did!”

Yuuko's face cleared up almost instantly as she realized something. She looked at me, almost in a panic, and said “Um... I hate asking other people to help me, but darn it I need to know! You're his friend, right? Why don't you ask him why?”

Friend might be stretching it, but alright. “I'll ask him, but I've got a better idea: would you want to ask him yourself? I could probably get him to come here or somewhere else, maybe you guys can talk it over.”

“B-but he hates me! I just know it! He can't stand the sight of me! That's why he left!” She continued on a tangent of different put-downs, falling further into a depression. “B-but... I'll never get over him if I can't face him, I guess.”

Yuuko shot up, apparently coming to some realization.

“Alright. I'll do it.”

-----
Last edited by Vekter on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Scissorlips

Re: Once Upon a Wartime (Kenji/Yuuko WIP) [Mild erotica]

Post by Scissorlips »

You've definitely improved since your first draft. I know you're leaving it ambiguous as to which route Hisao is on, but you might want to think about what time of the year your story takes place in, since some routes last longer than others and potentially getting Kenji and Yuuko back together before some events happen might conflict with the way they happen in the game. But even that's not that big a deal with this sort of thing anyway, so don't worry about it too much.

[Pastebin] [Familiarity]
Your troubles shall cease, and you will know peace.

Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Not a bad start. The transition in point of view between the two parts isn't bad, though it threw me off for a moment. I have no idea where the story is going, so I can't say for sure, but a Yuuko perspective might have worked for consistency's sake. That's just a nitpick though.

Things seemed to move along a little fast, as far as her telling Hisao about her relationship, or agreeing to speak to Kenji for that matter. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Anyway, I like it so far; I have yet to actually read a Kenji/Yuuko dedicated fic.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Vekter

Post by Vekter »

Mahorfeus wrote:Not a bad start. The transition in point of view between the two parts isn't bad, though it threw me off for a moment. I have no idea where the story is going, so I can't say for sure, but a Yuuko perspective might have worked for consistency's sake. That's just a nitpick though.

Things seemed to move along a little fast, as far as her telling Hisao about her relationship, or agreeing to speak to Kenji for that matter. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Anyway, I like it so far; I have yet to actually read a Kenji/Yuuko dedicated fic.
I was planning on having the point of view change a few times, mainly to keep things interesting, and also partially because Hisao won't be involved in a large chunk of it.

I'm also planning on having at least one scene be from Kenji's perspective, for comedy's sake.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Title suggested 'war', but I'm guessing this meant something else.

'Thousand Yard Stare' depicts the 'eyes' most soldiers had when he/she experienced the horrors of war--though it translates to something else in this regard.

'Appeasement' is the move made by Neville Chamberlain to appease German Chancellor Adolf Hitler from going to war. But this chapter depicts something else.

war...war? Feminist 'war' between Kenji's mentality and Yuuko's attempt to bring him back to reality? The 'Thousand Yard Stare' Yuuko 'had' because of her 'trauma'? Genius. The 'Appeasement' she attempted by talking to Kenji to try to 'bring him back'. Genius.

They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Vekter

Post by Vekter »

Megumeru wrote:Title suggested 'war', but I'm guessing this meant something else.

'Thousand Yard Stare' depicts the 'eyes' most soldiers had when he/she experienced the horrors of war--though it translates to something else in this regard.

'Appeasement' is the move made by Neville Chamberlain to appease German Chancellor Adolf Hitler from going to war. But this chapter depicts something else.

war...war? Feminist 'war' between Kenji's mentality and Yuuko's attempt to bring him back to reality? The 'Thousand Yard Stare' Yuuko 'had' because of her 'trauma'? Genius. The 'Appeasement' she attempted by talking to Kenji to try to 'bring him back'. Genius.

Aha, excellent! Someone got my scene title jokes!

I'm gonna pick away at the fic a bit tomorrow, because the bit where Yuuko tells Hisao about her relationship with Kenji feels really rushed. I was kinda tired when I wrote that scene, but my momentum was good so I figured "Eh, fuck it".

Thanks for the reviews, guys. Expect parts 3 and 4 within the next few days.
Rikabro

Post by Rikabro »

Vekter - curse you and your avatar for making me picture the Yuuko Daki as she rolled around in her bed. Your scene was unintentionally erotic.

That said, I love the abrupt transition between parts 1 and 2. Straight from delicate, pining Yuuko to insane, insane Kenji. Really builds a beautiful contrast.
Vekter wrote:She recounted the whole situation to me; how they had been dating for a few months, how Yuuko had confessed and how he ended up leaving the next day with no note or explanation.
It seems like you cheated yourself out of some great dialogue there. Why did you gloss that part over? I want to know how that conversation went.

Just my two cents.

Also, I want to bring this to your attention.

[quote="Vekter"]and the rest work work itself out in time.[/quote]

Can't wait to see more of this story. Great to see you posting here. :)
Writer for Familiarity. I also have an anime blog.
Vekter

Post by Vekter »

Rikabro wrote:Vekter - curse you and your avatar for making me picture the Yuuko Daki as she rolled around in her bed. Your scene was unintentionally erotic.

That said, I love the abrupt transition between parts 1 and 2. Straight from delicate, pining Yuuko to insane, insane Kenji. Really builds a beautiful contrast.
Vekter wrote:She recounted the whole situation to me; how they had been dating for a few months, how Yuuko had confessed and how he ended up leaving the next day with no note or explanation.
It seems like you cheated yourself out of some great dialogue there. Why did you gloss that part over? I want to know how that conversation went.

Just my two cents.

Also, I want to bring this to your attention.

[quote="Vekter"]and the rest work work itself out in time.

Can't wait to see more of this story. Great to see you posting here. :)[/quote]

Thanks, man.

In regards to her explaining the relationship, I felt that it would be kind of redundant to restate what the reader already should know; that Kenji and Yuuko had been dating, Kenji had sex with Yuuko, and left for reasons unbeknownst to Yuuko. I agree that it could have made for some interesting dialogue, but I think the reader would have gotten bored re-reading parts of the story. Besides, the next scene's dialogue should make up for it. :)

Oh, and fixed. Wrote this at 2 am, so excuse me for stupid mistakes.

EDIT: The fic has been slightly rewritten with some corrections, namely the part where Yuuko tells Hisao about her and Kenji. Please let me know how it sounds, and expect Scenes 3 and 4 some time in the next day or two!
Nakasaro-San

Post by Nakasaro-San »

Is this thread dead? I really loved the story, but I'm starting to wonder when more will come...

Woe is me.
Chrono180

Post by Chrono180 »

Nakasaro-San wrote:Is this thread dead? I really loved the story, but I'm starting to wonder when more will come...

Woe is me.
I don't think its dead. I messaged Vektar and she said she was still working on it, it just sounded like she had a lot of things coming up.
Vekter

Post by Vekter »

Nakasaro-San wrote:Is this thread dead? I really loved the story, but I'm starting to wonder when more will come...

Woe is me.
Nah, it's not dead.

I just got back from a convention; I'll do some work on it tomorrow and hopefully have the next part up very soon.
Scissorlips

Post by Scissorlips »

Vekter wrote:I just got back from a convention; I'll do some work on it tomorrow and hopefully have the next part up very soon.
PAX or Sakuracon? o:
Vekter

Post by Vekter »

Scissorlips wrote:
Vekter wrote:I just got back from a convention; I'll do some work on it tomorrow and hopefully have the next part up very soon.
PAX or Sakuracon? o:
Neither! Middle Tennessee Anime Convention.
Scissorlips

Post by Scissorlips »

Vekter wrote:
Scissorlips wrote:Neither! Middle Tennessee Anime Convention.
Darn. Oh well, looking forward to the next installment in this story. Glad you're sticking with it.

[Pastebin] [Familiarity]
Your troubles shall cease, and you will know peace.

Vekter

Re: Once Upon a Wartime (Kenji/Yuuko WIP) [UPDATED 4/13]

Post by Vekter »

CRAPPY UPDATE SCHEDULE, HO!

Part 3 only because it's balls long, enjoy, thanks to Slartibartfast on Steam for the proofread, R&R and tell me if anything sounds stupid.

-----

Part 3: Shock & Awe

“Are we there yet, man?”

I sighed loudly, still leading Kenji down the street to the park near Yamaku. Thankfully, the plan had worked out fine so far: I was to lead Kenji to the park, telling him something or another to get him to come with me, then Yuuko would take over the rest.

“Almost. I'll let you know when we get there,” I said, still dragging him. It was almost unbelievable that Kenji couldn't notice where we were, but here we were, almost to the park.

“Alright, we're here. Hang on, I need to go take care of something at the Shanghai. I'll be back in a bit.” I left him hanging, feeling kind of bad about the whole situation, but knowing it'd be for the best. I ducked into a nearby bush to watch and make sure Kenji didn't try anything too crazy.

--

“Hisao?” Dude, I don't see the door. Where are we? YOU TRICKED ME, DIDN'T YOU YOU BASTARD! THIS ISN'T AN ARMY SURPLUS STORE! FUCK YOU!” Kenji continued to rant for quite some time

Yuuko turned around and approached the rambling Kenji, looking at him sadly. He had changed so much; his hair was a mess and he looked like he'd had no sleep in the last week. But he was unmistakable; that was her Kenji all right.

“... K-Kenji?”

It was Kenji's turn to be terrified. He froze up, slowly turning to see the last person he expected to be standing right in front of him. Absolutely dumbstruck, he backpedaled, almost falling over himself. “Y-Y-Y-Y-YUUKO,” he stammered, almost unable to form a coherent thought. “But... you... HOW?!”

Yuuko froze, looking at the ghost from her past, unsure of how to start. She started to slowly walk toward him, still as shy as ever.

“Hi...” she whispered, once she was close enough for him to see her. She trembled, almost terrified to finally be confronting the man who hurt her. She stepped closer, reaching down and taking his hand in hers, looking straight into his bespectacled eyes.

They stood like this for what seemed like an eternity, with Yuuko staring at Kenji intently, and Kenji being too terrified and dumbfounded to form a coherent response. When he finally broke the silence, he said the only thing he could think of: “H-hi... Long time no see...”

Yuuko stared into his eyes, stammering lightly as she tried to form a response. She shook harder, looking at him first with sad, then confused, hurt, and finally, angry eyes. To be forgotten and cast aside for so long by someone she loved, and then to say something like that to her? It was almost unforgivable. An anger built up within her, one she had not felt in a very long time, if ever.

Yuuko lost it. She looked up at him with an anger that seemed to come from elsewhere. “That's it? 'Long time no see'? You up and leave me in the middle of the night, I hear nothing from you for MONTHS, and all you have to say to me is that?! Where do you get off, Kenji Setou?!”

Kenji looked absolutely terrified; he might not have seen Yuuko in quite some time, but he remembered one thing: Yuuko wasn't the type to get angry. If she was mad, there was a damn good reason for it, and nothing would snap her out of it any time soon. He scratched his head, stammering over his words as Yuuko continued to seethe at him. “I... Uh” was all he could manage before Yuuko cut him off again.

“And that's the worst part about all of this! You couldn't even bother to face me, to tell me you didn't want me anymore, or to even mail or call me! You just up and ran, ran off like a...” Yuuko hadn't the energy in her anymore. She sobbed uncontrollably, resting her head on his shoulder and beating on his chest with her unoccupied hand.

Kenji mulled on the situation as she cried, looking back to that day. At the time, he had seen it simply as a self-preservation maneuver; his energy had been sapped by what he thought was a feminist technique designed to disable him for brainwashing. Since then, he had dedicated his life to fighting the threat of Feminist tyranny, recruiting what few people he could to the cause.

And even since then, he just kept running, even going to such lengths as to steal books from the library to avoid the woman he once perceived as a potential Feminist threat.

The fact that he'd rather steal something and go out of his way to avoid her made Kenji consider another possibility. One he, oddly enough, never considered. Too swept up in his own rhetoric, he never even thought about this simple thing:

What if Yuuko actually cared about him?

Kenji's eyes burst open as he had an epiphany. He realized, finally, after all this time what he had done wrong. This woman before him had cared deeply about him, and even though he cared just the same, he cast her aside. From her perspective, he used her and just tossed her away. Of course, that was never his intention, but just the same, he screwed up. Big time.

After wrestling his hand from Yuuko's grasp, he wrapped both of them around the crying woman, looking solemn and defeated. Blushing heavily, he spoke. “Y-yuuko, I fucked up. I-... I just fucked up. I left you alone that n-night, and never even b-bothered to call you.” He stammered as he tried to collect himself. “B-but I know now that I was wrong to not consider your feelings. I'm... I'm sorry...”

She looked up at him, tears still in her eyes, and said, “You could have at least called me, told me what was wrong, instead of just casting me aside...” Her head rested against his shoulder.

“I know. And I'm sorry I didn't.” Kenji slowly stroked Yuuko's hair as she cried, the tears soaking in to his trademark scarf.

Yuuko quieted for a second, realizing that she recognized that scarf. For some inexplicable reason, despite his apparent lack of care for her, he was wearing the same scarf she had given him on that day.

“You're... wearing my scarf?” She mumbled into his chest, just barely loud enough for him to hear it.

“Yeah... Yeah, I am,” he replied to her.

Silence again, as they both thought for a moment. Kenji looked down at Yuuko and stuttered. “Y-you know, y-you're the apple of my eye, right”

Yuuko looked up at him incredulously. “That's the cheesiest thing I've heard all day,” she told him as she struck him playfully with her fist.

She hugged him tightly, her tears finally subsiding. “So...” She stammered, now back to her usual self. “Can we, y'know, try again? One more time?”

“I-I guess... You name the time and the place, and I'll be there,” Kenji replied, smiling down at her. Yuuko replied, “Okay then. Saturday night, seven o'clock, my place. We'll go to the amusement park, okay?”

“Alright, it's a date”. Kenji hugged her one last time and they parted ways, both of them the happiest they'd been in a long time.

A bush rustled nearby as Hisao removed himself from it. He set off back towards the school, hands in his pocket, looking rather pleased with himself.

Art: Touching Reunion by Thighs
Last edited by Vekter on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.