Type Moon meets KS- with actual story!

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Exhau

Type Moon meets KS- with actual story!

Post by Exhau »

I've been thinking on a "give the cast superpowers" AU for Katawa Shoujo. We had a thread on /a/ a little while back, it was good.

So plotwise, the power-getting would occur early on. Before getting too into one girl, but after introductions, or so..Characters aredealing with their newfound abilities in addition to slowly falling in love etc.

Hisao would get Mystic Eyes of Disability Perception. Unable to cause direct death, he can cripple people and things in a variety of ways. More Kara no Kyoukai than Tsukihime.

Lilly would basically be a cane fighter. Superhearing, superreflexes, etc. Lilly actually hears the vibration of every atom in the universe, but in the same way that our minds filter out a shitton of what we perceive, the the net effect is that Lilly can perceive stuff around her. I was thinking making the cane itself special. Gae Bolg came up in the thread before. A Gae Bolg that goes for the eyes.

Emi RIn get paired off. Emi shifts into a set of four synthetic arms for Rin, and Rin shifts into a Striker for Emi. Rin uses her arms Doc Oc style, still has her feet habit for everything. Emi's Striker has offensive/defensive abilities stored in it. Both equips would focus on being limbs, but also feature armoring. Rin's arms would include basically a leotard of synthetic material, and Emi's legplanes would continue up to her torso at least. Obviously only one girl can be suited up at a time, so they aren't using their powers unless they have to.

Hanako gets fire powers, obviously. When she activates them her scar tissue turns black with red veins. Her power just makes her MORE fucked up, but you know you like it.

Shizune would obviously get directed sonic blasts. Misha would still be her BFF, but it's hard to give her a power when we don't know what's wrong with her. In b4 penis. Well, that's actually a thought. Shizune CAN'T direct her sonic blasts. Misha has to focus them with her power. Drills. For the time being, all I can think of is Misha using her drills to focus. Obviously her main role would be to focus Shizune's sound blasts, but Misha could also turn Hanako's fire into a concentrated plasma blast, or whatever firepower Emi has into a SPIRAL POWER version of same. Maybe Misha also has morale-boosting powers? Don't believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you, WAHAHAHA.

Okay. Plot. Basically, Hisao is walking campus, comments on the trees. EVERYTHING GOES WEIRD. Space bends, stuff is fucked out. Then it's all back to normal. It nearly gives him a heart attack. Hisao notices he can see weird lines on stuff, there's no one around. Going on "ignore it" logic, he continues. He meets Muto, who doesn't seem to have noticed the laws of nature taking a break just minutes ago.

In the classroom, Hisao notices Hanako freaking out and occasionally glowing a little. Shizune and Misha are signing like the motherfucking fist of the north star. Shizune seems very intent on keeping her mouth closed, and breathing through her nostrils.

Time goes on, it's discovered that there was a conceptual shift on campus. Higher dimensional physics, big stuff. The nurse is actually a spy from the UN (church? SDF?) sent to keep an eye on Yamaku for these things. Turns out his organization was partially formed to deal with these events. Basically, the school was a faultline for conceptual quakes. 8th dimensional events that alter reality in bizarre ways. The result is just that the main characters get impossible abilities. This isn't the first conceptual quake, so humanity's leaders are ready to deal with this.

Where it goes from there I don't know. Is the cast enlisted by a merc group? Do they go into space? Are they forced to plead with the common man to end this fighting? Do they form a band?
Last edited by Exhau on Mon May 11, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
U.T. Raptor

Re: Type Moon meets KS

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Exhau wrote:Misha has to focus them, with some kind of... funnel.
Her drills?
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

Misha gets to use Spiral Power (from Gurren Lagann). Should be obvious given the shape of her hair. Her drills will pierce the heavens!
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
ChaosEngine

Post by ChaosEngine »

I notice a distinct lack of Kenji. He'd have to be a superhuman gunslinger, .50 cal Gold Deagles (hurfdurf) akimbo.

Also, ROW ROW.
Exhau

Post by Exhau »

ChaosEngine wrote:I notice a distinct lack of Kenji. He'd have to be a superhuman gunslinger, .50 cal Gold Deagles (hurfdurf) akimbo.

Also, ROW ROW.
Kenji's power would obviously be TRUE MANLINESS. Rippling muscles, big guns, and broship. He's a wildcard who only sticks around to save Hisao from all these FEMINISTS.
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

Well, it certainly is an idea that made me raise an eyebrow. I haven't seen this thread, though I wish I did. They'd probably have troubles banding up at first, then through some cliche event ("We're not strong enough to take em on alone, we have to work together!", "Friendship is power!", "I hope my body can take it.", "COURAGE PUNCH!" etc.) end up being forced to band together. The groups will be pretty obvious; Misha+Shizune, Emi+Rin, Hanako+Lilly, Hisao+Kenji (these may not be in a group but just be the wildcard characters who stick with each group at one point or another before the groups merge.)

Also, whatever Lulu's disability is, he gets Fabulous powers. He has to be one of the enemies. Haruki too maybe.
Exhau wrote:
ChaosEngine wrote:I notice a distinct lack of Kenji. He'd have to be a superhuman gunslinger, .50 cal Gold Deagles (hurfdurf) akimbo.

Also, ROW ROW.
Kenji's power would obviously be TRUE MANLINESS. Rippling muscles, big guns, and broship. He's a wildcard who only sticks around to save Hisao from all these FEMINISTS.

Nagasumi actually looks a lot more like Hisao, but whatever. Put a scarf and some glasses on him.
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

An entertaining concept. Hanako (Pyrokinesis - coined by Stephen King I believe), Lilly, and Shizune's power sound context appropriate given the phemonenon that happens, but not Mei's or Rin's (Really? Mecha limbs?). More suitable would be levitation for Mei and telekinesis for Rin (Think of the paintbrush potential... or fellatio... whoa).

If you do a fic, I'll read it, but please... please... no mecha. That borders on ridiculous in this context.

P.S. - lol Hokuto no Ken
Imagine me and you...
Jaen

Post by Jaen »

I says Lilly pwns @ fencing. That "environment perceiving" thing would certainly fit that.
I had this idea a while back and so want to make a fanart out of it, but can't seem to get the fencing pose right...

Post by Guest »

Final Fantasy meets KS:

Rin is a Monk (bonus to attacking unarmed)
Lilly is a Paladin (justice is blind)
Hanako is a Black Mage (face constantly hidden)
Emi is a MagiTek Knight (robotic legs)

The four Light Novel Warriors must travel across the land to rescue Princess Shizune from the evil Sorceress Misha and her pawn, Kenji the Mad.
Exhau

Post by Exhau »

Vertical wrote:An entertaining concept. Hanako (Pyrokinesis - coined by Stephen King I believe), Lilly, and Shizune's power sound context appropriate given the phemonenon that happens, but not Mei's or Rin's (Really? Mecha limbs?). More suitable would be levitation for Mei and telekinesis for Rin (Think of the paintbrush potential... or fellatio... whoa).

If you do a fic, I'll read it, but please... please... no mecha. That borders on ridiculous in this context.

P.S. - lol Hokuto no Ken
Well, I'm just thinking about the most fitting contextual abilities for characters, and Rin's power was inspired by a piece of fanart on the image collection. I agree that mecha would need some kind of basis, but it does somewhat fit that the two girls missing limbs receive wacky replacement mecha. I know! How about Rin and Emi's power is that each one changes into the other's mecha! Rin becomes Emi's legs, and Emi becomes Rin's arms! Terrifying and beautiful.
LeeEzekiel

Post by LeeEzekiel »

Two words: FUND IT

Seriously, I'd love to see even a fic of this.
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

Okay. *Blinks; already started writing based on the first post*
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

Exhau wrote:
Vertical wrote:An entertaining concept. Hanako (Pyrokinesis - coined by Stephen King I believe), Lilly, and Shizune's power sound context appropriate given the phemonenon that happens, but not Mei's or Rin's (Really? Mecha limbs?). More suitable would be levitation for Mei and telekinesis for Rin (Think of the paintbrush potential... or fellatio... whoa).

P.S. - lol Hokuto no Ken
Well, I'm just thinking about the most fitting contextual abilities for characters, and Rin's power was inspired by a piece of fanart on the image collection. I agree that mecha would need some kind of basis, but it does somewhat fit that the two girls missing limbs receive wacky replacement mecha. I know! How about Rin and Emi's power is that each one changes into the other's mecha! Rin becomes Emi's legs, and Emi becomes Rin's arms! Terrifying and beautiful.
Whoa. That is a good alternative.Since Emi and Rin are a pair, forcing a complete limbless circumstance on them both in exchange for full mobility would be completely fitting.
Imagine me and you...
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

Mystic Eyes of Disability Perception Part One:

I had been at Yamaku for about a month now, and I was finally starting to get used to the school. Looking back, jumping right into the festival probably helped; there was so much to do that I didn't have time to sit around and do nothing, feeling sorry for myself. This school is nothing like I had imagined at first, before I got to know my friends. Especially Hanako, who has slowly started to open up to me.

I calmly walked onto the campus and took a deep breath, ready for the day. The trees were very nice this time of year, the sakura blossoms just at the peak of their short lives, determined to shine despite their fate. Japan loves them, but they hold even more meaning for us, I think.

Out of nowhere, a jolt of pain ran through my chest. As I stumbled forward, I could only wonder what was wrong; I was relaxed, and I had taken my pills. Was my heart- No, it couldn't be. I couldn't tell what was happening; reality was twisting all around me, things swirling together and breaking apart in ways that shouldn't have been possible. It couldn't be fake; I could feel my arm being twisted about ten times in a spiral, but it didn't hurt, not even when it was shredded to pieces along with the rest of my body and the school building was stretched like taffy on one of those taffy-making machines.

I think I tasted the color purple.

As quickly as it had come, everything was back to normal. I was fine. No, wait, I wasn't. I took a few deep breaths and stared at the ground; my heart hadn't been racing before whatever that had been, but it was now. Pounding like the drums at a heavy metal concert. I staggered, then leaned against a tree for support as I tried to calm my heart down. Emi. Was Emi around here anywhere? I wasn't very far from the track; maybe I could call for her and get her to find the Nurse...

What were those lines? Everything; on everything, I could see these wavy lines. On the trees, the bench, the ground, and even my skin, shifting with my body. Okay. Really, really weird. I definitely needed to find the Nurse; they didn't seem to be hurting me right now, but they could be a symptom of something I've never heard of before

Don't panic. Panic kills. Mostly people like me, and I don't want to die. Idon'twanttodieIdon'twanttodieIdon'twanttodieDON'TPANIC!!!

"Hisao!"

A sharp voice jerks me out of my thoughts. My teacher, Muto, is standing nearby, smiling and waving at me.

"Sensei! Did you see that just now?" I asked frantically.

"See what?" he asked, puzzled, glancing around. "There's nothing here. Are you all right, Hisao? If you've pushed yourself too hard, you should-"

"No, it's... it's fine." I stammered out. "Nothing. Just... thought I saw something."

Yeah. The lines. They were on him, too.

I half-ran forward, trying to get out of there. Okay, the lines were showing up on everything. Time to think. They were stationary; they weren't moving around or anything, so it probably wasn't my eyes being messed with somehow. The lines would have been moving if my sight had been screwed with.

A slight glow caught my eyes as I come to the classroom, and I flattened myself against the wall. There it was again. I peeked around the corner and found Hanako sitting at her desk, wide-eyed and stammering like mad as her hands glow brighter for a time, then returned to normal. This kept happening, over and over. In another part of the room, Shizune and Misha are signing so fast that I could barely figure out where their hands were even going; the little sign language I'd picked up didn't even begin to prepare me to guess at whatever they're talking about. Misha isn't even giving her usual verbal translation; both of them looked nearly as panicked as Hanako does. Shizune didn't open her mouth at all while I watched.

I walked over to Hanako and sat down in the desk beside her. The four of us were the only ones in the room. After a moment, Hanako looked up at me, face even paler than it usually was.

"Hisao, I... I..." she squeaked out, trembling. She practically jumped across the distance between us, and I gently held onto her as she sobbed onto my shoulder. "I don't know what's wrong with me! My hands, they're-"

"Ssh." I said, stroking the top of her head. "Things just got really weird for me, too. It isn't just you."

The girl looked up at me, her one visible eye as wide as it could go. My heart sped up again. I didn't want this girl to be afraid. She was so soft, so fragile... I wanted to protect her, to make her happy. But I didn't even have a clue as to what was going on.

"Hanako, listen to me. Can you stop that glowing?" I asked. I felt her nod her head. "Okay, do that. I'll try to get rid of these lines."

"Lines?" the girl asked.

"I can see these black lines on everything. Maybe if we try to control them, they'll go away until we can figure out what to do."

I felt her nod again, and we were both quiet for a few moments. I shut my eyes as I concentrated. When it was finally done, I heaved a sigh of relief and opened my eyes. The world was back to normal; I couldn't see the lines. A quick check confirmed that Hanako had stopped glowing.

"HISAO!" a very familiar voice yelled. Hanako jumped away from me faster than I thought was possible as Shizune and Misha came over. "Ahahaha! You can't be doing stuff like that in the classroom!" Misha said, her bright smile completely contrasting Shizune's glare. I had few doubts as to which of them had spoken.

"I wasn't doing anything!" I protested. Well, okay, I had been doing SOMETHING, but it wasn't anything bad. I needed to figure out what was wrong with us, and soon. Nurse. The Nurse could help; at a school like this, he just had to have access to all sorts of records. I needed to help Hanako, too. Find out what had happened to us.

And why I had that lingering taste of purple in my mouth...
LeeEzekiel

Post by LeeEzekiel »

Intruiging start. I look forward to the rest. I assume it follows Hanako's route?