WORDS WORDS WORDS

Megumeru

Drabbles in Melody

Post by Megumeru »

another side-project while I get rid of this 'block' on my other fanfiction

Drabbles in Melody

Please listen to this song while you read this story:
さよならメモリーズ - Supercell
(Translation of the song is implemented as part of the song and is in indent in this story)

Sayonara Memories
The Cherry blossoms are blooming
As always, on that same hill I am accustomed to

Ah, this is goodbye

The cherry blossom is at full bloom despite being a few weeks early before the coming of spring, blanketing the girl with the long dark hair with a storm of pink petals blown by the wind. She remembers the days that passed, the time she had spent that brought her here to reminisce her past; and mostly, the time she spent with the boy she knew about a year ago. Hanako smiles, pacing her step as her heart secretly skips a beat every time she remembers Hisao and his antics. He remember his smile, the time they cried together, and when they laugh—it all happened in the past, a not-so distant memory of her happiness. But to her, it all seemed to have happened yesterday.

Those days where we cried and laughed,
Somehow seem just like yesterday

Even here, the path that she takes as she strolls through the rows of blooming cherry blossom will soon hold precious memories of their last time together. The end of their time as ‘Yamaku students’ is closing more than ever, with this spring acting as a reminder of the remaining days they have left together. A few days ago, Hisao was beamed with radiance and joy when he heard the cherry blossoms are blooming early that year—a chance Hanako didn’t want to miss. Thus, that day gathered her courage and decided to invite him for a last stroll through the park and back to Yamaku following the rows of neatly arranged cherry blossoms as a commemoration; a last stroll as ‘Yamaku students’.

and this path, that’s right…
Is the path that reach towards the future
That is how I felt

Her reminisce is cut short when the boy she is expecting comes running not too far from her. Unlike his usual day, he isn’t wearing his sweater vest and instead opted for something a bit warmer and lighter—a cotton hoodie, brown in color and simple in design but serves its purpose just as well. Her heart skips a beat seeing him race himself despite knowing how bad it could go for his heart, but she let that slide the moment he stands by her side, catching his breath.

“Sorry! Did you wait?”

“N-no…” she answers timidly, but keeping a smile in return. “L-let’s go…”

“Aren’t you excited?” he said as they starts walking. “I mean, it’s here early!”

She laughs, and replies. “Yes, that i-is so.”

The news that the bloom will happen earlier than usual made you happy
I laughed,
“That is so”, I said

Both of them knew, however, that this is the last time they will be able to see the blooming cherry blossoms together.

Despite though in a very short while, we won’t be able to return here

She steals short glances at him, like the time when they first met at the library. His face radiates the expression of a kid, as they walk through the rows of cherry blossoms around the park, by the river, and heading up to Yamaku High. Her heart skips a beat the moment she realizes what she has been doing all this time, quickly turning away to hide her blush; thankfully, he failed to realize with most of his attention focused on the drifting petals that are carried by the sudden gush of wind that sweeps through them. He laughs as the petals passes through them along the cold breeze which carries it with gentleness and force, an experience he clearly enjoys.
Hanako’s attention, however, is locked on to Hisao’s beaming smile.

These feelings that I can’t put properly in words
How could I try to tell them to you honestly?
Why don’t I convey it?
The end with the beginning

She remembers the path they took together before; that same path that drew them closer together after the festival. Despite the long walk they had to take up the hill from the Shanghai to Yamaku and her timid persona at that time, she secretly saw him differently when he smiled and talked with her about the festival, the Shanghai, and how wonderful life can be once in awhile. She remembers how she cautiously closed the distance between them on their walk back, inching over step by step before the simple walk back became a special memory in her heart.

A memory she will never forget.

The road we took home together one day
Is a special memory in my heart
I will never forget it
Farewell, memories.

She sighs, knowing that by the start of spring they might never see each other again. Callously, they continue their stroll.

When spring comes we’ll be on our own separate ways.

The two of them walk silently along the road side by side, seemingly oblivious to the end of their days marked with the waves of cherry blossoms that passes through them. Hanako’s thoughts are clouded with wishes and prayers to extend their time once more; ‘just a little bit longer’, she thought, knowing full well that might not be possible once life takes over. She wishes that one day they could meet again and share their smile, or if possible, her feelings towards him; something she never had the chance or the courage to say.
Wishing for someday when we could meet again

She lowers her voice, almost inaudible, and quietly whispers to herself.

“Goodbye.”

”Farewell”, I quietly whispered

She notices the Shanghai, and then the road that slowly ascends towards Yamaku up on the hill. Their walk is almost over, and their road is coming to an end. She looks up towards the sky, asking herself in secret why it has to end so soon and wonders if she can find a way to extend this stroll a little longer, just so she could spend a bit more time beside him. She cries a little upon realizing her inability to do so, and hopes that Hisao never notices it.

The sky of that day is the same unchanging blue
That is why I cried a little

“Something wrong, Hanako?”

“Ah, I…” she pauses, startled by Hisao’s remarks. She fidgets, knowing Hisao might have noticed her moist eyes and is voicing his concern over her. “There’s…a shop I want us to drop by before we head back. Could you come with me?”

“Sure.”

Unknown to Hisao, Hanako intentionally takes a detour that passes behind the Shanghai and back towards the incline up the hill. She knows this road; not directly, but unintentionally when she remembers the bakery nearby and how Yuuko often mentioned how she was a regular customer. She steals short glances at Hisao who silently—yet obliviously—enjoys the view around them, almost forgetting that he is in her company. She passes by the bakery, made a left, and returns to their initial path back towards the incline that leads to Yamaku High. She thought to herself, that if this is the most that she could ask for, then she is content. She turns to him and jokes, effectively covering her attempt.

“Is it nearby?” he asks.

“I-I think made a mistake…”

I intentionally took a detour
Even though it is a little longer,
Because I want to be by your side
I joked around,
“I made a mistake”, I said

“I guess it happens to everyone once in awhile.” He chuckles.

A flush of red shoots up and disperses across Hanako’s cheeks the moment she notices his smile and delight. Bashfully she looks away…

You laughed, and your face was so radiant that I had to look away

Slowly, they make their way up the hill. Her hair waves in elegance as the wind that carries the cherry blossom petals breezes through, causing her to miss her footing and landing her in the boy’s arm. He catches her fall, his cheeks warms up as her frail body collides causing her to jerk instinctively. Quickly, Hanako straightens herself and combs her hair while keeping her eyes locked on the road before her as her heart skip a beat from their short encounter. ‘Has it always been like this’, she thought as they decide to continue to walk up the hill, their eyes refusing to meet each other for the sake of their young hearts. The gate of Yamaku High is only minutes away.

“The cherry blossoms last year weren’t as beautiful as today, don’t you think so…?” he asks.

These feelings that I can’t put properly in words
I held them close and walked this path
I remember that day when you...

She nods, smiling to the fact that he shares similar memories with her. ‘How long has it been’, she thought as her heart thumps when she recalls the memory of that day when he called her name after their shopping trip. She flinched for a second, but decided not to when Hisao, with a grin on his face, asked her for a walk back home together. The sky was orange-tinted, and although the cherry blossoms were not in full-bloom, it still gave quite a memorable performance—like a dance that accompanied them in their journey back to Yamaku High. Today, the cherry blossom performs the same dance as they accompanied the two of them one last time in this final walk. She is saddened by the fact, but is nonetheless happy to have spent their time together.

A memory she will never forget.

Called out my name,
The two of us, on the road home in the twilight
I will never forget it.
Farewell, memories

Secretly she turns to him and smiles.

I am so thankful
That we met

Their walk comes to a stop as the gates of Yamaku High stands before them; the end of their walk, and the finale of their journey together.

The blooming cherry blossoms that I saw for the first time

Hisao turns and faces the road that went up hill from the town they’ve been in. Back then, it was quite a long hike and a difficult pace for his ailing heart to perform without proper consideration and yet somehow, such weight is nonexistent at the presence of a thousand cherry petals. It is a ‘sight worth dying for’, he said states as he takes one last stroke of air before he faces the gate.

“I guess this is it…” he said, sighing in regret. “I kinda’ wished it would last a little longer since…”

He stops mid sentence.

Hanako has kept her attention to him for as long as he knew.

How much have things have changed
Since that time, I wonder?

She shies away; her lip curls and her cheeks redden at the thought.

When I took one look at you I thought
It seems like I am falling in love with this person

She listens to her heart as it thumps once, twice, then three times in an increasing tempo.

Why is that I wonder?
I just don’t know

She watches closely as Hisao signals her to go through the gate, just a few steps ahead of her. She is glad—thankful; even, to have been able to spend her time together with him for one last time as a final memory before graduation. She wonders if this is as far as they can go in this path—as friends, nothing more. Each day she spent with him feels like a dream filled with his smile, laughter, anger, and sadness which she has come to like; the thought of parting with it is almost unbearable, and yet this is how it is left to be. ‘Is this what I want’, she thought as she counts Hisao’s steps that takes him further away from her. ‘Is this it’, she thought. The days they spent together were fun, and yet at the same time it is similarly painful to bear.

She holds her breath and paces herself.

She wanted more.

After that every day was so much fun,
Yet at the same time it was
Painful…

Abruptly she stops him by grabbing him by the sleeve, catching him off guard and earning his attention. He looks at her puzzled, causing her to fluster and waver. This will not stop her, however, no!
She has made her mind.

Releasing her grip from his sleeve, she stumbles on her words as she tries to convey what she was meant to say a long time ago.

Sorry, somehow I can’t say this well
But see I, with you, how do I put it

Her eyes wander to her sides, unwilling to make contact with his.
She presses on.

With things left the way they are now
I just can’t say goodbye

Her lips tremble, her heart thumps faster and faster.

I don’t want us to be just friends anymore
I decided I’d say it

She couldn’t hold it in any longer as her words are conveyed piece by piece.

I…you

Her feelings…

My feelings for you, always…

Her emotions…

Always…

Her love…

Since a long time ago…

She’ll convey it.

I loved you

The cherry blossoms rustle as the wind carries the petals far off into a distant land, heading off towards a new journey.

Hisao smiles, his hand reaches forward as he inches closer.

ah, I finally said it

Fin - Sayonara Memories
Last edited by Megumeru on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Beoran

Re: Drabbles in Melody

Post by Beoran »

What a lovely love song... perfect for Hanako's neutral ending I guess? I enjoyed this. :)
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

“The cherry blossoms last year isn’t as beautiful as today, don’t you think so…?” he asks.
"Last year" Hisao was in the hospital fot the cherry bloom...
Also, "the cherry blossoms last year" should be:
a) plural and
b) past tense
So: “The cherry blossoms last year weren’t as beautiful as today..."
Some other grammar mistakes, too.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Beoran wrote:What a lovely love song... perfect for Hanako's neutral ending I guess? I enjoyed this. :)
Neutral ending...CONTINUED!
Mirage_GSM wrote:
“The cherry blossoms last year isn’t as beautiful as today, don’t you think so…?” he asks.
"Last year" Hisao was in the hospital fot the cherry bloom...
Also, "the cherry blossoms last year" should be:
a) plural and
b) past tense
So: “The cherry blossoms last year weren’t as beautiful as today..."
Some other grammar mistakes, too.
Grammar isn't really my strong suite^^;
I'm pretty much juggling between inserting the song into the fic and correcting my errors so, it's far from perfect.

Anyway, I thought Hisao made it into Yamaku around Spring? Or was it summer?
huh...
*ignore that error*

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

At first I thought it was going to be another depressing story about how Hanako loves Hisao, but at the end it is revealed that he is with Lilly.

Thank god it's not one of those. I think I might have had to kill you if it was.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

The O.H.L. wrote:At first I thought it was going to be another depressing story about how Hanako loves Hisao, but at the end it is revealed that he is with Lilly.

Thank god it's not one of those. I think I might have had to kill you if it was.
Haha^^

The song doesn't make it depressing. There are depressing songs in my list, but I'll save that for someone else...

SHII-HAEL!
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

Megumeru wrote:
The O.H.L. wrote:At first I thought it was going to be another depressing story about how Hanako loves Hisao, but at the end it is revealed that he is with Lilly.

Haha^^

The song doesn't make it depressing. There are depressing songs in my list, but I'll save that for someone else...
I have slow internet so I couldn't listen to the song... New Zealand ISPs suck.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
xaolindragon

Post by xaolindragon »

I'm with you on that. About halfway through reading it, I was trying to prepare myself to read that he ends up with Lily or that he dies or somehow gets taken away or something. I liked this very much. Nice.
Megumeru

The Stars are Twinkling on a Night Like This

Post by Megumeru »

Drabbles in Melody

Please listen to this song while you read this story:
星が瞬くこんな夜に - Supercell
(Translation of the song is in indent in this story. It has been implemented to work in conjunction with the fic)

The Stars are Twinkling on a Night Like This

Believe, believe
There’s magic here tonight

It was a few days before the Tanabata festival. The grounds of Yamaku High has quieted down since the students returned to their dorms, tired but feeling accomplished of the deeds they exerted earlier that day preparing for the festival. The doors to each of the classes were locked, the halls were solemnly lit by the moon, and the echo of a ticking clock complemented the serene background Yamaku was left to be during the night. As the students retired and the staffs rested, a single room within the school grounds remained lit with the rustle and bustle of bodies echoed inside before the door swung open. Two figures—a male and a female—stepped out, closing the door behind them and proceeds to lock them. The girl turned to the boy, congratulated him for a job well-done, and asked him to accompany her to the roof to which he kindly complied. The tip-tap of their indoor shoes echoed across the hallway, the stairs, and eventually the landing. The door was unlocked, and the two were greeted with the glitter of stars that decorated the night. Yes, everyone had retired for the evening…

Believe, believe!

Everyone, but Hisao and Shizune…

It was a very quiet night
The cold air brushed against my cheeks

Shizune walked a few steps ahead of Hisao, her eyes admire the grand sight as the cold air brushed against her cheeks. She signaled Hisao and asked him to keep up with her, stretching her arms soon after as if embracing the sky. He complied, albeit with a slight discomfort thanks to the chill they were accompanied with. Much to his chagrin, Shizune frowned and tapped her foot impatiently as she watched him slowly made his way beside her. A brush of cold wind touched her, causing her to shiver instinctively much to Hisao’s attention. The boy took off his jacket smiled as he rested them on her shoulders. She turned to him and signs furiously.

[You’re slow. Now I’m cold…]

Instinctively, I glared at you
[…It’s not my fault] you said
Making that kind of face

She smiled, giggled playfully, and thanked his kindness.

And I felt like this moment between us

[You’re getting more fluent,] she signed. [I’m impressed]

Was sure to remain in my memory for the rest of my life

He scratched his head bashfully and signed in return.
[I’ve been practicing; it’s the least I could do]

She smiled as she made her way beside him, intended on admiring the stars together.

The stars are twinkling on a night like this
If I could have one wish to come true
It would be for this moment to continue

In a cold night and under the starry sky, two souls gazed upon the marvel presented before them. The wind blew once again, but this time the chill didn’t bother her. With his jacket over her shoulder, his presence besides her marveling the same thing she enjoyed, and the thump of her heart, it was all enough to keep her warm. She thought maybe—just maybe she could ask from him a little bit more.

As we looked up at the same sky, I thought
That the things I hold precious will surely be mine someday if I believe

Quietly she stole a glance at his face as he watch the sky in a trance. As quietly as she did, she averted her gaze from him with a subtle blush that bloomed on her cheeks. The warmth his jacket gave over her shoulder was comforting as she squeezed them tight, snuggling a little deeper to catch his scent that it left off. When she closed her eyes, his jacket seemingly felt like his loving embrace that will surely keep her warm in this cold, starry night. She realized it may never come true, but at least she wanted to believe that it could happen one day.

These one-sided feelings of mine
That I just can’t seem to convey
I intend to understand them

She remembered the first time they met, his simple introduction and his troubled look when he entered Yamaku High naturally peak her interest. She decided to approach him out of pure interest, often with a slightly dominating demeanor as she curiously tried to learn more about Hisao and his antics. His short time in the Shanghai after her persuasion and the time they spent playing RISK together were memorable, and before she knew it she had taken a certain liking to him.

At the start you were clueless
And you probably saw me as short-tempered, right?

He sees her as a strong and reliable, often short-tempered much to her dismay. He decided to study sign language in order to understand her means to communicate, the signs she gave away, and the all-too-often secret messages she shared with Misha. He was young, clueless, and naïve to her, but that doesn’t bother her as, in time, she hoped that he would finally realize her feelings toward him.

There are many hardships in this world we live in
But now you are here
And because of that, I can make it through each day

The days they spent together were held close in her memories. She wondered since when was she this motivated to accomplish more than what she used to and what had exactly changed her.
She stole a glance at him, blushed slightly, and sighs.

‘Ah,’ she thought. ‘So it is because of that…’

Standing here all alone
We seem to share each other’s pain

The stars glitter as they both gaze before the expanse while her heart thumps louder and louder each time she stole a glance at him. Without her knowledge, he too has been glancing over her and noticed her radiant smile and the tint of pink that grew bolder by the minute on her cheek. Standing here under the starry sky, the two were clueless towards each other’s affection but were keen on changing the outcome. Yet at the same time, they were afraid such steps could ruin the relationship they had established that led to this point.

As we looked up at the same sky
I should have said something
But what was the right thing to say?

With a sigh, Shizune braves herself for a change. She tugs Hisao’s sleeve to grab his attention, but the moment he turned to her she was already at a loss of words.

[Hey, I want to see a shooting star]

[You know I can’t magically make one, right?] He replied with a chuckle. [I’ll give it a shot though.]
He raised his hand high above their head.

Playfully, you waved your fingertip
And formed the beautiful tail of a star
To me it felt just like magic

Shizune smiled and gave a muted-chuckle. That was all she could ask for from him today.

I forgot the one thing I was about to say
Because I was interrupted by my beating heart

The night grew darker as the two remained immobile with their eyes fixed at the sky. Her original plan to confess to him—her real intention of taking him to the roof—was kept sealed in her heart. She couldn’t risk losing the bond the two had established because of her own desire, and she had no proof that he would feel the same way about her. He wished that the night would last a little longer, to allow him to spend more time beside her; that alone is enough for Hisao. The two tried to steal glances at each other one last time, accidentally causing their eyes to meet and their hearts to thump faster. A slight wind breezed through, and in a moment’s notice Shizune mustered her courage—for once, just this once she wanted a little more from him.

She brushed her hand with his.

In the darkness, our hands touched for an instant
Did you notice?
Surely this must be “that” sort of thing

She flinched slightly at contact and hoped that he would notice her feelings towards him. Futile, she thought, but nonetheless it was worth the effort as her hand back away to gain some distance.
Much to her surprise, Hisao responded in kind and held her hand. She turned to him to find his red face turned against her.

She smiled warmly. Finally, she had found her answer.

She adjusts and locked their hands together. This was her reply.

On Tanabata, let the stars be the witness of their love.

On a night like this

SHII-HAEL!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I found this very hard to read with the narration always interrupted by the lyrics and you switching back and forth between past and present tense all the time...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I found this very hard to read with the narration always interrupted by the lyrics and you switching back and forth between past and present tense all the time...
The past-present tense is...well, it's what it is.

The lyrics are meant to be listened separately while reading the narration. Well, that's what I plan for anyway

SHII-HAEL!