Lilly
66%
Other
12%

Total votes: 673

Wander

Re: Team Shizune vs Team Lilly

Post by Wander »

I find it weird that some people really seem to be getting kicks out of Shizune's competitive nature, while it annoys me to no end.

Don't get me wrong, I can be extremely competitive when doing something I'm passionate about (playing tennis, racing simulators etc.), but I dislike the attitude of people who let it get the better of them. I don't like it when people gloat when they win, or act otherwise as somehow superior. I take pleasure of doing as well as I can. The end result is not so important to me as long as I know that I've got to the extent of my abilities. When I lose, I accept it, but with the mentality that I will win the next time. About Shizune, what really bothers me is that she is competitive even about things that have no significance, she just lets her nature get the better of her and I quite simply don't like that kind of behaviour.

Not to mention that she's manipulative, bossy, bitchy and all that.

I guess that works for some people then, but for me.. It's almost the opposite of what I'm looking for from a person. I like Lilly cause she is rational and classy. By comparison, Shizune has no class whatsoever.
Last edited by Wander on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

So noone is put off by the fact the lilly wasn't gonna tell hisao bout scotland .... ppl are ok with that ... but shizune they have the problem with because she is really competive ??

so being competitive is bad but its ok to withhold the truth ??
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

rydiafan wrote:So noone is put off by the fact the lilly wasn't gonna tell hisao bout scotland .... ppl are ok with that ... but shizune they have the problem with because she is really competive ??

I wouldn't say it was that for me.

I'd pick Lilly over Shizune because Lilly can accept others for who they are better than Shizune, who expects more from people than what they are willing to do. I have no problem with competition itself, but I have a problem with people who expect of me.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Team Mutou all the way.
"We can not see past the present if we refuse to turn away from the steps we have already made in our wake."
Wander

Post by Wander »

rydiafan wrote:So noone is put off by the fact the lilly wasn't gonna tell hisao bout scotland .... ppl are ok with that ... but shizune they have the problem with because she is really competive ??

I am guilty of sometimes withholding truths myself, so yeah, I'm more "ok" with it even though it's not right.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Being so competitive you feel the need to lead somebody into town and leave them there so you gloat over them not being able to find there way back as quickly as you do is more than just a minor flaw I'd say.

You also have the part where she uses and abused everybody around here and doesn't see anything wrong with what she's doing.

I'd much rather hang out with somebody that tries to hold back hard truths so as not to cause trouble than somebody who treats the emotions of others like a game they can win.

Also, I'm still greatly amused by the idea of Hanako and Lilly playing against Misha and Shizune in various sports.
Not Dead Yet
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Oddball wrote: Also, I'm still greatly amused by the idea of Hanako and Lilly playing against Misha and Shizune in various sports.
Hrm, Lilly is often described as very delicate and fragile. And Misha gets tired and dizzy quite easily. It would basically come down to Hanako vs. Shizune... I'm afraid Shizune would win handily in any physical competition against Hanako.

But Team Emi/Rin could take Team Shizune/Misha any day of the week. Emi, although small and probably lacking in upper body strength, is by far the most athletic of the girls, and I would put Rin pretty close to Shizune for activities that don't require hands; her leg strength is noted specifically in the game on more than occasion. So in that match-up, if Shizune and Rin are evenly matched, it just leaves Misha vs. Emi, and we all know Emi could run circles around Misha (ho ho ho).
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

i see im on an island by myself here lol ( and thats ok more shizune for me lol )

A lie is a lie no matter how good the intentions are ... and i can't over look that ... i rather have shizune bitch me out truthfully then lilly be a nice lier to me ( im a person who won't learn anything if sugarcoat the truth for me ... i need to be told how badly i fucked up in life ) .... i guess i have very little respect for lilly over that no matter how good the intentions were

and i know how much of a bitch shizune im not stupid ( the forcing of hisao in student council , the chess match with hanako , the whole thing with lilly { but lilly was a bitch over that as well } , trying to force misha to cheer up , the bad ending { but she did have reason to be a bitch then } ) but in my books what lilly did was way worse then what shizune did and lilly didn't even have a good reason to lie about the scotland trip except well i thought hiaso heart couldn't take it
Wander

Post by Wander »

*Sigh... No, Lilly didn't have good reason to wait so long without saying anything, but obviously it was because she found it difficult to talk about the matter. I don't know about you guys, but I can personally sympathize. One sort of a parallel/example from my own life I can share is that when I was changing apartments due to getting tired of my room mate's behaviour, I didn't really want to talk about the fact that I was gonna leave to him cause I don't like confrontations and eventually only said it a couple of days before the matter. Of course, my relationship with my room mate wasn't anything like a couple Hisao and Lilly are, but I'd imagine that it was somewhat the same fear of confrontation for Lilly that made it difficult for her to bring the topic up. That's the difference, you see. I can understand Lilly's behaviour better than Shizune's antics.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Wander wrote:*Sigh... No, Lilly didn't have good reason to wait so long without saying anything, but obviously it was because she found it difficult to talk about the matter. I don't know about you guys, but I can personally sympathize. One sort of a parallel/example from my own life I can share is that when I was changing apartments due to getting tired of my room mate's behaviour, I didn't really want to talk about the fact that I was gonna leave to him cause I don't like confrontations and eventually only said it a couple of days before the matter. Of course, my relationship with my room mate wasn't anything like a couple Hisao and Lilly are, but I'd imagine that it was somewhat the same fear of confrontation for Lilly that made it difficult for her to bring the topic up. That's the difference, you see. I can understand Lilly's behaviour better than Shizune's antics.
that's fair .... man i love this vn 5 unique characters for all the different taste ppl could want ... and there are reasons to hate/love all 6 girls ... i am starting to change my mind ... because of debate's like this one ks is my favorite vn i ever played

back on topic

Wander i can agree with that ... but deep down i can't respect lilly for not telling hisao no matter how much it seems justified ... maybe im missing the whole picture why lilly is so beloved by the fans ... but for me scotland issue ruined her character for me ... maybe thats unfair by me ... but thats how i feel
Wander

Post by Wander »

Yeah, I can understand that, cause different people will have different reactions to things like that. I think it's important for everyone to accept that all these characters have their flaws, but they, along with their good qualities, define them and can actually be a part of the reason why you are drawn to them.
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

Team Shizune.
I like her competitive nature, challenging people to become better than they are.
She works hard to achieve her goals, with or without your help.
And I do know, and value, the satisfaction of a job well done.
Glasses, Short Dark Hair and Zettai Ryouiki also wins big IMO.

As for Lilly,
Sure she doesn't lack in the looks department, and Healthy Adolescent Sex drive is a Bonus.
But, I just can't see myself enjoying the relaxed air of 'Tea and Manners' for too long.
Plus 'Scumbag Lilly' for 'potentially' leaving for Scotland without saying anything. At least Akira looks out for a Bro.
For Queen and Country
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

LILLY ONLY, END OF RINE
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Brogurt