Genderbender: Katawa Shonen

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

UncleJellyfish

Re: Katawa Shounen? :O

Post by UncleJellyfish »

newnar wrote:
UncleJellyfish wrote:I found a picture of Male Rin♥ for you.
What. Yea, real funny.
Indeed it was funny. Your signature set you up for it. I'm surprised you didn't see it coming, honestly.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

Oh lord lmao
Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

mailia3 wrote:First of all, Hello to all here!

Actually I'm inspired about this game and it's unique based on the story plot but too bad I think this game is not for girls.., I can't feel the way what boys does because I think I'm reading a dialogue about what Hisao's thinking.., but there's one thing I've learned from this VN; the "Move-on" motto and now I know what boys like about... :wink:

But what if there's Katawa Shounen? :o

Male Emi

Male Hanako

Male Lily

Male Shizune

Sryy I didn't find male Rin...

and female Hisao :lol:

Hmmpp... I think it's impossible .. to have an eroge for girls.,
Well,. based in the Perverted Statistics; most men liked soo much this but girls are less..

ok....that was nice :D, actually their faces are familiar :?

@Male Emi .. is that Masaomi? from DRR!?
@Male Hanako.. is that Hibari? from KHR? and have you edited it :D?
Zoram

Re: Genderbender: Katawa Shonen

Post by Zoram »

Bumping this because of this new picture from DeviantArt:

Best are male!Shizune and male!Misha IMO. Male!Lilly is always classy.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Zoram wrote:Bumping this because of this new picture from DeviantArt:
Bump justified. Good find!

Phillip/Lilly totally looks like Guybrush Threepwood here. (That is the second-biggest ponytail I've seen!)
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Great sketch!

Actualy I think there is one thing that KS should have had (at least in theory) and that is the option to genderbend the whole game. Of course i know that this wasn't feasible, but it would have ben be refreshing to have a high school romance like KS where the lead character is female. It would also change the story and sexual encounters quite drastically in interesting ways. Too bad it probaby wouln't happen. But I hope more future VN's will use a female lead.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Beoran wrote:Great sketch!

Actualy I think there is one thing that KS should have had (at least in theory) and that is the option to genderbend the whole game. Of course i know that this wasn't feasible, but it would have ben be refreshing to have a high school romance like KS where the lead character is female. It would also change the story and sexual encounters quite drastically in interesting ways. Too bad it probaby wouln't happen. But I hope more future VN's will use a female lead.
woah, woah woah...that would make some scene totally awkward--and WRONG at the same time.

Take 1: Hanako n Hisao
a girl RAEPS a guy? That is scary--hell, that is beyond scary;I might start thinking Hisao is a yandere if she does that (or a desperate sl*t)

Take 2: Lilly n Hisao
Nothing to see here, just 'healthy adolescent sex drive', move along.

Take 3: Shizune n Hisao
That's...kinda fitting.

and kinky. No, seriously; think of the student council room in ACT IV. DAYUMN MAN! Girl is making her move now~

...although the other scene would be totally awkward (similar to Hanako n Hisao)

Take 3.5: Misha n Hisao
A guy asks a girl to be comforted. Need I say more? as a guy, that's just low man...DESPERATE even

Take 4: Rin n Hisao
This is probably the only time where everything seems to go...'right'. Nothing much to see here, move along.

Take 5:
anal would be interesting.

No, seriously. You HAVE to assume that m!Emi is something if he asks Hisao for that with a strap-on and some lube
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Zoram wrote:Bumping this because of this new picture from DeviantArt:

[pictures was here]

Very nice.

Personally, I would have given Lilly long bishonen hair and gave Emi a ponytail though.
Not Dead Yet
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Megumeru,

I assume the sex scenes would have to be rewritten to accomodate a female lead, which would probably involve some serious changes. In some times, it will probably be the lead who has to take the initiative. But actually, I think that the scene with m!Hanako would be ... well, very interesting and not what you think it would be. I really ought to write a fanfic now. Heck, if we could find the people to do it, we should make the genderbenderd VN. :)
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Beoran wrote:Megumeru,

I assume the sex scenes would have to be rewritten to accomodate a female lead, which would probably involve some serious changes. In some times, it will probably be the lead who has to take the initiative. But actually, I think that the scene with m!Hanako would be ... well, very interesting and not what you think it would be. I really ought to write a fanfic now. Heck, if we could find the people to do it, we should make the genderbenderd VN. :)
Why should it be rewritten?

It would be...interesting. And maybe hilarious at the same time--especially Emi's. Reading that would make my day...

Make genderbenderd VN? well, that is an interesting though...
I'm much more proficient in writing about action/war/romance though, not really into dramas
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
GIRakaCHEEZER

Post by GIRakaCHEEZER »

Megumeru wrote: Take 5:
anal would be interesting.

No, seriously. You HAVE to assume that m!Emi is something if he asks Hisao for that with a strap-on and some lube
Or m!Emi could just ask f!Hisao to do anal (f!Hisao would be the one taking it). The scene would still mostly work then.
Music for a game that I am sort of working on:
Moustache Riders - Ignition
This seems to be sort of common in sigs here so...
Rin = Kenji > Hanako > Emi > Lilly > Shizune
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

GIRakaCHEEZER wrote:Or m!Emi could just ask f!Hisao to do anal (f!Hisao would be the one taking it). The scene would still mostly work then.
I disagree.
That would be a glaring example of gender unequality and double standards.
:) :D :)

Edit:
Do as you would be done by.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Megumeru,

Some scenes would need rewriting for a genderbendered KS. I believe that men and women should be treated justly andseen as equals in value, but that doesn't mean that women and men are completely equal either. And then there is the influence of society which whether you like it or not does cause differences.

A for gendererbender visual novel, if you can write romance stories, then that's already a good start. Actually, I'd love to see a VN that turns many tropes upside down. A VN with a female lead character, set NOT in a school, NOT in Japan either, and where the main doesn't even have to romance, but can focus on her carreer or following her dreams, or making friends, and when she follows romance she can choose whether it will be sexual or not. Or sex without romance too if that suits her. Where some of the main characters aren't romanceable at all. Etc. :)
Kind Regards, B.
gekiganwing

Post by gekiganwing »

Beoran wrote: A VN with a female lead character, set NOT in a school, NOT in Japan either, and where the main doesn't even have to romance, but can focus on her carreer or following her dreams, or making friends, and when she follows romance she can choose whether it will be sexual or not. Or sex without romance too if that suits her. Where some of the main characters aren't romanceable at all. Etc. :)
If you think up a clever idea, then you may benefit from writing it yourself. If you have the passion and dedication required to write a "gen" story about a woman and her romance options, go for it.

Having said that, there's a couple of visual novels available in English that are pretty close to what you wrote:

* Magical Diary, created by Hanako Games. A life simulation with puzzles, stats, along with both male and female romance options. Takes place somewhere in North America.

* Spirited Heart, created by Winter Wolves. Relatively similar to Princess Maker 2, but with less of the unsettling aspects. (For instance, in PM2, your character is the girl's adoptive father, and she starts the game around the age of ten. In Spirited Heart, your character *is* the girl, and she starts the game at the age of eighteen.) The basic version has some male romance options, and an expansion pack adds female romance options. Takes place in a fantasy world.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Well, I agree that it's best to go for it wyself, however I decided to go for finally focusssing on the game project in my signature that I've been dragging along for years now. So this idea will be on the backburner for a long time I think.

Thanks for reccomending those 2 games to me, though. Since they have linux versions (probably also renpy games?) I can play them, so I'll try the trial versions and see if I will buy them later if I like them. Edit: homm, these companies have a lot of games that run on Linux, and many look interesting too... great!
Kind Regards, B.