Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dunkelfalke

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by dunkelfalke »

gRaViJa wrote:I remember staying a week in Germany and the surrounding forest had that same vibe going on. Forgot the nearest towns' name but it's where they brew the Bittburger beer :p maybe it's close by where you took that hike?
Bitburger brewery is large, so they brew in a lot of towns. But if you mean the town Bitburg itself, then it is pretty far from here. By the way, a jewish cemetery adds to the creepy feeling :mrgreen:
zanger wrote:Imagine yourself a Roman soldier walking through those woods with your buddies and then...getting ambushed by thousands of angry Germans, appearing out of nowhere from beyond the mist.
Haha, how fitting, my name is actually Roman and there are ruins of an old (400 BC) fortification on the top of that mountain.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Manman

Post by Manman »

Just about to run day 1 of week 4,
I it's amazing how fast your stamina improves. I remmember when I had troubles with week 1.
I also started on the 100 pushup challange, peer pressure, you're all doing it.

just updating you on my progress,reading your updates tends to keep me motivated.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Manman wrote:Just about to run day 1 of week 4,
I it's amazing how fast your stamina improves. I remmember when I had troubles with week 1.
I also started on the 100 pushup challange, peer pressure, you're all doing it.

just updating you on my progress,reading your updates tends to keep me motivated.
Welcome to the track Team ;)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
zanger

Post by zanger »

dunkelfalke wrote:Haha, how fitting, my name is actually Roman and there are ruins of an old (400 BC) fortification on the top of that mountain.
+1000 pts if it's close to the Battle of Teutoberg Forest
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
completesky

Post by completesky »

HD23 wrote:Someone on Reddit posted the 5k to 10k bridge, now with times including warm-up and cool-down.

For this I can forgive you for lurking Reddit :)

Starting this next week as well as 100 pushup challenge, with the initial test being tonight. On top of this, MMA classes 3x a week. I am going to die.

Good luck everybody!
Emi's Couch to 5K - Done
Emi's Couch to 10K - Done
100 Push-Up Challenge - Pending
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Mirrormn wrote:So today, on my 3rd day of Week 4, I decided to say "fuck you" to the hill that almost defeated me on W4D2. When the end was in sight, despite my legs and lungs aching furiously, I started attempting to sprint. At first my body freaked out completely, since it knew running at that speed was absolutely the last thing it wanted to do in such an exhausted state. However, after a couple seconds, it realized "well, I guess we're really doing this, better pump adrenaline everywhere!" My exhaustion slipped away into the back of my mind, and I was able to transition my beleaguered uphill stagger-jog into a burst of alarming and desperate speed. I ran like there was a murderer or a giant fireball behind me. I drove my feet towards the ground as rapidly and forcefully as possible, and once those efforts coalesced into a stable gait, I redoubled them, until I was running faster than possible. Or faster than I thought was possible, at least. It was only about 200 feet or so, but it was the most intense physical exertion I have ever done in my life.
Nice work :D I could've done with taking a leaf out of your book.

Tried W1D1 of my pushups. Meant to do 14/18/14/14/20+ pushups, with 60 sec intervals inbetween. I managed only 14/18/7 before my arms were so weak and wobbley I was having incredible trouble. I have no idea how I even did the last 3 pushups xD
But sadly setback :( I'll drop back a few days and try the earlier one instead, get myself doing that np and then move on again :D
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Althamus wrote:
Mirrormn wrote:So today, on my 3rd day of Week 4, I decided to say "fuck you" to the hill that almost defeated me on W4D2. When the end was in sight, despite my legs and lungs aching furiously, I started attempting to sprint. At first my body freaked out completely, since it knew running at that speed was absolutely the last thing it wanted to do in such an exhausted state. However, after a couple seconds, it realized "well, I guess we're really doing this, better pump adrenaline everywhere!" My exhaustion slipped away into the back of my mind, and I was able to transition my beleaguered uphill stagger-jog into a burst of alarming and desperate speed. I ran like there was a murderer or a giant fireball behind me. I drove my feet towards the ground as rapidly and forcefully as possible, and once those efforts coalesced into a stable gait, I redoubled them, until I was running faster than possible. Or faster than I thought was possible, at least. It was only about 200 feet or so, but it was the most intense physical exertion I have ever done in my life.
Nice work :D I could've done with taking a leaf out of your book.

Tried W1D1 of my pushups. Meant to do 14/18/14/14/20+ pushups, with 60 sec intervals inbetween. I managed only 14/18/7 before my arms were so weak and wobbley I was having incredible trouble. I have no idea how I even did the last 3 pushups xD
But sadly setback :( I'll drop back a few days and try the earlier one instead, get myself doing that np and then move on again :D
You can do it~!!
I was using the same workout.
I 'm 50 kg nd 168cm tall, but I got to 20/25/20/20/25
...then i broke my leg and now i cap at round 40-50 mediocre push ups T.T

BTW can i also suggest skipping rope as an alternative to running if its raining/you dont have a good course available, very cheap and easy to do
$50 says I live more South than all of you
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Aw crap, my leg muscles ache like hell after yesterday, but I am in a real mood for a hike, even if I know I have to rest today. Help :lol:
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Glad to see this is still alive after being on "Hiatus" for about a week or so. (Being on break before my spring classes is fun, but gets no workouts done. xD)

Welcome all new comers. Remember anyone from here is welcome to join us on Fitocracy, which more-a-less is a Facebook for those who workout (From simple walks to Professional Muscle Building).

If you do join remember to try to join the Katawa Shoujo group here

For you new comers it's alright to asks questions about routines, diet, etc. so ask away.

For everyone else, good luck on your routines and exercises. Remember fluids and rest. :D
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

dunkelfalke wrote:
gRaViJa wrote:I remember staying a week in Germany and the surrounding forest had that same vibe going on. Forgot the nearest towns' name but it's where they brew the Bittburger beer :p maybe it's close by where you took that hike?
Bitburger brewery is large, so they brew in a lot of towns. But if you mean the town Bitburg itself, then it is pretty far from here. By the way, a jewish cemetery adds to the creepy feeling :mrgreen:
I remember now (well i asked my companions from back then), it was near gerolstein :)

@ Althamus: Haha, i was the same. I barely finished my first (lighter session) but my arms and shoulders hurted for 2 days xD gonna do the second sessions now and going for another 5k of running tomorrow.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

My trouble is that I have reasonable strength, but low stamina. I'm now 24hrs on from when I was about collapsed halfway through W1D1, and my arms don't feel sore whatsoever. I'm really tempted to have another go at one step back, see how I can do.

Dang. My arms felt fine, so I tried another go. Instead of 14/18/14/14/20+, I went with 12/17/13/13/18+. I got through 12/17/12, and then my arms were again so wobbley. I tried so hard to get that thirteenth and finish the third set, but ¬¬

I guess give it a day or two and drop down again :(

Either that or I'll avoid all these gimicky training routines, and just do pushups until I collapse and see if I improve that way.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Althamus wrote:My trouble is that I have reasonable strength, but low stamina. I'm now 24hrs on from when I was about collapsed halfway through W1D1, and my arms don't feel sore whatsoever. I'm really tempted to have another go at one step back, see how I can do.

Dang. My arms felt fine, so I tried another go. Instead of 14/18/14/14/20+, I went with 12/17/13/13/18+. I got through 12/17/12, and then my arms were again so wobbley. I tried so hard to get that thirteenth and finish the third set, but ¬¬

Either that or I'll avoid all these gimicky training routines, and just do pushups until I collapse and see if I improve that way.
How often do you workout, and what do you do for strength training? Also how much experience have you had before with strength workouts?
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

You guys are awesome. I love seeing how often this thread keeps getting bumped up to the top and I especially love seeing new people 'on the track' as it were.

As for me, I just finished ECCC which was just exhausting. I'm... interested to see how tomorrow's run is going to go since I'll be starting on week 7 of EC25K.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
zanger

Post by zanger »

Althamus wrote:My trouble is that I have reasonable strength, but low stamina. I'm now 24hrs on from when I was about collapsed halfway through W1D1, and my arms don't feel sore whatsoever. I'm really tempted to have another go at one step back, see how I can do.

When I first started, the program stuck me into w3d1 (like you) and I could barely finish the 4th set, I just ended up repeating that workout for the entire week and starting w3 properly the next week.
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

So 4 days of living off of cold relief medicine later I am getting back into the routine. I have noticed that after an extended break the run is easier than I remember it.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...