Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

MoogleDee

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by MoogleDee »

Pulled off 22 good form push-ups on the initial challenge before my wrists started screaming at me to stop. I did it on carpet so when I start the program sometime next week, I'll give it a go on my fists. With the C25K program nearing an end for me, I welcome another way to push myself :D
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
zanger

Post by zanger »

MoogleDee wrote:Pulled off 22 good form push-ups on the initial challenge before my wrists started screaming at me to stop. I did it on carpet so when I start the program sometime next week, I'll give it a go on my fists. With the C25K program nearing an end for me, I welcome another way to push myself :D
aiaiaiai if your wrists are hurting you are not doing it properly and you could injure yourself, try putting your hands farther apart and rest your weight on the fatty sides of your palm. you could do it on your fists but that feels really weird
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Excellent :D Thanks for the pushups link. I'll probably start tomorrow, give me a clear day to rest.

Also, starting on week 3 (as per the instructions) so only 4 weeks until I finish in theory :D

Also,I figure that while the old "until I am exhausted" will work and will improve me, I've never actually seen a 'professional' workout ask someone to workout that way. I guess part of it could be that they want to justify their worth xP But I figure they know more than me, so best to listen to what they say.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

zanger wrote:aiaiaiai if your wrists are hurting you are not doing it properly and you could injure yourself, try putting your hands farther apart and rest your weight on the fatty sides of your palm. you could do it on your fists but that feels really weird
Thanks for the heads up. If I wasn't in good form that probably explains why I could do so many, haha.

Finished EC25K Week 6 Day 3! Feels good, man. Also! Fitocracy recently changed it's layout (which I'm still on the fence on) but it's also out of beta, so if you haven't joined up yet or if you've just started on one of the many workouts in this thread (or one of your own) feel free to look up the Katawa Shoujo group!
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
HD23

Post by HD23 »

Someone on Reddit posted the 5k to 10k bridge, now with times including warm-up and cool-down.

Katawa Shoujo Progress - 100%
Katawa Crash High Score - 214549.79m
Real Life Emi Running Program - Did well, then stopped. Need to start it up again soon.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Aw yeah! I'll be joining Emi again onto my way to 10k!
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Back from the four hour mountain tour today. Chose the wrong pair of boots and paid the blood price for that.
But still, I did it, I was on the top! Used the paths only on the way down to spare the knees, but on the way to the top I went as straight up as it was possible.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Eesh, take a good few days and heal up those feet before you start running again.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

I am too heavy for running, I hike in the mountains and I bike. Biking will be fine, I guess. But no sports tomorrow, that's for sure.
By the way, here is a small impression of the hike, pretty eerie, isn't it?

NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

dunkelfalke wrote:I went as straight up as it was possible.
Don't want to sermon you, but, well... not using a proper, marked trail is the easiest way to get lost. Also getting hurt is easier. Don't know what kind of mountains you hiked through, but it's not an advisable tourist practice, so in case you have followers I wanted them to know it.

On the effort itself I gratulate you. I'm planning myself to take my GF for a hike, but that's in may, on worker's day.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Here in Germany it is impossible to get lost, the population density is so high, that no matter how much you try to avoid other people, you can't. Besides, I always have got navigation with me, I am not that crazy :shock:
The danger is surely higher, though, no question about that. When my luck finally runs out, it will hurt for sure, but trails are boring.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

dunkelfalke wrote:I am too heavy for running, I hike in the mountains and I bike. Biking will be fine, I guess. But no sports tomorrow, that's for sure.
-img snipped-
Well that's certainly creepy... I love it! I have some free time this week, so I'll take a snap or two of my running area. We'll have a "Show us your running path" segment, hah.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I remember staying a week in Germany and the surrounding forest had that same vibe going on. Forgot the nearest towns' name but it's where they brew the Bittburger beer :p maybe it's close by where you took that hike?
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

So today, on my 3rd day of Week 4, I decided to say "fuck you" to the hill that almost defeated me on W4D2. When the end was in sight, despite my legs and lungs aching furiously, I started attempting to sprint. At first my body freaked out completely, since it knew running at that speed was absolutely the last thing it wanted to do in such an exhausted state. However, after a couple seconds, it realized "well, I guess we're really doing this, better pump adrenaline everywhere!" My exhaustion slipped away into the back of my mind, and I was able to transition my beleaguered uphill stagger-jog into a burst of alarming and desperate speed. I ran like there was a murderer or a giant fireball behind me. I drove my feet towards the ground as rapidly and forcefully as possible, and once those efforts coalesced into a stable gait, I redoubled them, until I was running faster than possible. Or faster than I thought was possible, at least. It was only about 200 feet or so, but it was the most intense physical exertion I have ever done in my life.

It was pretty awesome. Onward to Week 5!
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
zanger

Post by zanger »

dunkelfalke wrote:I am too heavy for running, I hike in the mountains and I bike. Biking will be fine, I guess. But no sports tomorrow, that's for sure.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-C12s ... 827709.jpg
Imagine yourself a Roman soldier walking through those woods with your buddies and then...getting ambushed by thousands of angry Germans, appearing out of nowhere from beyond the mist.
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?