Missing stereotypes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

inquisitivenegro

Missing stereotypes

Post by inquisitivenegro »

So we have the bookworm, the sports girl, the class president, the tea brewing girl, the artistic girl...

Where is the musically gifted girl?
Where is the delinquent?
The genius girl?

Feel free to come up with more "common harem choices" maybe you could even design your own character
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Althamus

Re: Missing stereotypes

Post by Althamus »

Lilly's stereotype is more 'the posh girl'. Tea drinking is just part of that.

Also... are we just listing stereotypes? :S
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

I was sorta thinking conventional characters that could have easily fit in the visual novel
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Tempester

Post by Tempester »

Tsundere heroine. And I'm glad that KS did something different by not having one.
Mmm, crispy!

My avatar is from Muv-Luv.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

The livelong best friend next door who comes to wake you up every day? The hot step-sister?
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

The whole accidental pervert shenanigans that many anime/manga highschool stories tend to play straight. I'm talking about bumping into a girl and then viewing her panties (the only panty shot in the game is one that seems to be there for the audience and Hisao himself doesn't seem to see it), the protagonist tripping and accidentally groping/being airbagged by a girl's breasts. The main character accidentally walking in on a girl who's undressing/naked. (except that scene with Rin, but the mood in that one was way different from the typical example) An overactive girl doing the Haruhi-grope on a shy girl and complimenting her on her chest. That kind of thing. That and the teacher romantic interest. I'm thankful KS doesn't have these tropes though.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

They don't need missing sterotypes in this game. Thank god they didn't went through, this game already has enough cliches (not saying that's a bad thing, trying to hard to avoid 'em would make the game shit) and if they did had gone with the cliches, this game would had not as serious. I dun wanna tsundere bi-ploar lass or a yandere nutjob bitch.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

if we are talking about the sex itself ... the large breast ( though there was emi's mom ... just didn't see them ) ... except for hanako's ... we didnt see any of the girls special areas ( which was not a bad thing just saying ) ... no BJ's ( which i found kinda strange to be honest ... if hanako was gonna try to keep hisao through sex ....) ... ill list more if i can find them
zanger

Post by zanger »

Lilly was originally going to be the musically gifted girl.

And I thought Hanako doubled as a delinquent.
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

zanger wrote:Lilly was originally going to be the musically gifted girl.
Yep. IIRC, the only relic left of this is the music box, which plays what was going to be her favorite tune to play on the cello.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

if we are talking about the sex itself ... the large breast ( though there was emi's mom ... just didn't see them ) ... except for hanako's ... we didnt see any of the girls special areas ( which was not a bad thing just saying ) ... no BJ's ( which i found kinda strange to be honest ... if hanako was gonna try to keep hisao through sex ....) ... ill list more if i can find them
Hanako wasn't trying to keep Hisao through sex. All Hanako wanted was to show Hisao she could be girlfriend material just like any other girl. Getting that point across didn't require a BJ, enjoyment on either part or even more than a single sexual encounter. All it required was the two of them engaging in an activity that "just friends" would never engage in. As far as Hanako was concerned (assuming Hisao got the point and she'd get a fair chance at winning his heart) they could worry about how to make it enjoyable at a later time.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Guest Poster wrote:
Hanako wasn't trying to keep Hisao through sex. All Hanako wanted was to show Hisao she could be girlfriend material just like any other girl. Getting that point across didn't require a BJ, enjoyment on either part or even more than a single sexual encounter. All it required was the two of them engaging in an activity that "just friends" would never engage in. As far as Hanako was concerned (assuming Hisao got the point and she'd get a fair chance at winning his heart) they could worry about how to make it enjoyable at a later time.
Hanako said her self that at first she only had sex with him to try to make him love him ( that was her train of thought ) yes it turn out to be more at the end ... but at time she used her body to try to keep hisao her friend ... so if that was her mind set a BJ might have been more base on real life ( chance of not getting pregant , chance of less STD's , and so forth ) for hanako just to say here i am .... im yours dosen't seem like the hanako to built up to that point in the story ( the whole being im ashamed of my body thing she had going on up to that point )

on a different point why did hisao only have protection for hanako and not any of the other girls ??
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

rydiafan wrote: on a different point why did hisao only have protection for hanako and not any of the other girls ??
If you want an in-universe explanation, it's because Hisao's personality is influenced by the personality of the girl he's pursuing, and in Hanako's route, that means he's much more protective and careful. Some say the condom is even intentionally symbolic of his overbearing desire to protect Hanako from all danger.

If you want a realistic explanation, it's because a different author wrote each route, and each of them decided to include birth control in whichever way they thought was best.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Mirrormn wrote:
rydiafan wrote: on a different point why did hisao only have protection for hanako and not any of the other girls ??
If you want an in-universe explanation, it's because Hisao's personality is influenced by the personality of the girl he's pursuing, and in Hanako's route, that means he's much more protective and careful. Some say the condom is even intentionally symbolic of his overbearing desire to protect Hanako from all danger.

If you want a realistic explanation, it's because a different author wrote each route, and each of them decided to include birth control in whichever way they thought was best.
i can go with that ... but does that mean he know sex with hanako was gonna happen right then and there ( i thought at least shizune would have demanded for hisao to wear protrection )
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I like to think that Akira slipped it to him without him realizing what it was and he couldn't bring himself to just throw it away.
Not Dead Yet