Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tomate

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Tomate »

I like to run alone, its nice, its just you and your music player and the tracks (or the park in my case), you can focus on your breathing and pacing, its soothing. Usually i run with a friend of mine, but it feels, i don't know, better when I'm running alone.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Tomate wrote:I like to run alone, its nice, its just you and your music player and the tracks (or the park in my case), you can focus on your breathing and pacing, its soothing. Usually i run with a friend of mine, but it feels, i don't know, better when I'm running alone.
I feel ya. I've always been kind of a loner, so running alone feels natural. I've also discovered how I actually prefer my MP3 player to be slightly bork. There's a calm tranquility when it's just your breathing, the trail, and ambient music.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
Enzar17

Post by Enzar17 »

I completely agree with you. I started running yesterday after completing Emi's story, and now I feel much better about myself. I'm not overweight or anything, just like Hisao and out of shape. Still, I've been meaning to do something about that, and what better way to do that than with a little jog, am I right?
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Enzar17 wrote:I started running yesterday after completing Emi's story
It's been said here so many times, it should be made our official motto. I need a t-shirt with that one.
Chekchie

Post by Chekchie »

Just saying that's really nice and well done ^__^
Kinda helpful for Otakus to start doing some sport ;)
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

NoOne3 wrote:
Enzar17 wrote:I started running yesterday after completing Emi's story
It's been said here so many times, it should be made our official motto. I need a t-shirt with that one.
Where can i order one?
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
zanger

Post by zanger »

gRaViJa wrote:Where can i order one?
so how long you been on the 100 pushup challenge?
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

zanger wrote:
gRaViJa wrote:Where can i order one?
so how long you been on the 100 pushup challenge?
That was a bit random :p I'm gonna start this evening actually. Did the initial test last week to set up a program.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Still exercising here too. Since I can't run right now I'm doing extensive stretching (about 10 minutes of various stretching and body resistance exercises such as lunges) and then spending about 20 minutes on the stationary bike doing mixed spinning and resistance cycling. Unfortunately the odometer on my stationary is toast (old bike) so I have no idea how "far" I'm riding, so I just focus on time spent.

I'll admit I'm not getting the level of workout I was getting while running, but since I can actually walk the next day without limping like I took an arrow to the knee *rimshot* then I guess it's all good. :D

Ultimately, whether it's running or riding, I just want to get back into shape and lose enough weight to fit back into size 36 pants by the end of summer. (currently wearing 40's.) if I can do that, then I know I've been successful.
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Chekchie wrote:Just saying that's really nice and well done ^__^
Kinda helpful for Otakus to start doing some sport ;)
Oh, you! See what you've done. This is what came to my mind after reading your comment here:

NL-=3

Post by NL-=3 »

^ I loled.

Already a week since I last posted here, but I was really busy last week.
But, I have done the runs and finally did run 1 for week 2. :D It was way more exhausting, but it's really nice to run outside under a black sky.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:
gRaViJa wrote:
completesky wrote:After weeks of lurking I have signed up to say I have completed Emi25K today and feel much better for it. I even woke up at 6 every morning to do it (which has the added benefit of keeping my sleeping cycle in check). I am lucky enough to have not suffered any injuries although on some days I could not use my legs properly after the workout.

Thank you to whoever posted the chart originally. I recommend everyone to try it.
25k? :D
Anyway, congrats man!

tomorrow i'm going to jog together with someone who's much more experienced in it then me. We'll be running 5k, so i should be okay... but still i feel a bit nervous haha :p
Well good for you :D, I wish i had someone to job with XD

lolJog* with not job with XD
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

@Bigbishounen - If you can throw out an arrow-to-the-knee you're fine. I'm glad to hear you're not limping anymore!

@NoOne3 - Heh, I never get tired of that picture, meme or no.

@NL-=3 - Woo! Keep it up :D

Today I finished up W6D2 and I am glad - oh so glad - that I'm now at the point where I no longer have to take walking breaks. Funny thing happened today though: in the last ~30 seconds of the run I've gotten in the habit of sprinting out the last bit. Mother Nature decided to make it start raining during my sprint today. It was a pretty sudden rainfall too. When I finished my sprint, I brought myself down to a walk and enjoyed the cool rain hitting my face. To take a page from the VN, Mother Nature seemed to be offended that I slowed down and made it rain harder. I mentally yelled, "Sorry!" and I ran the rest of the way home.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

MoogleDee wrote:@Bigbishounen - If you can throw out an arrow-to-the-knee you're fine. I'm glad to hear you're not limping anymore!

@NoOne3 - Heh, I never get tired of that picture, meme or no.

@NL-=3 - Woo! Keep it up :D

Today I finished up W6D2 and I am glad - oh so glad - that I'm now at the point where I no longer have to take walking breaks. Funny thing happened today though: in the last ~30 seconds of the run I've gotten in the habit of sprinting out the last bit. Mother Nature decided to make it start raining during my sprint today. It was a pretty sudden rainfall too. When I finished my sprint, I brought myself down to a walk and enjoyed the cool rain hitting my face. To take a page from the VN, Mother Nature seemed to be offended that I slowed down and made it rain harder. I mentally yelled, "Sorry!" and I ran the rest of the way home.
Hah, that's pretty awesome :p
The last 100 meters of my run is in some sort of a back alley and i always imagine that a crack on the ground is a finish line. So i sprint those last meters and pretend i win some competition if i keep it up untill the finish line... yeah :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Haha :D I've seen this topic growing :) I posted on one of the first pages as I'd been really inspired by Emi, but hadn't managed to take my first steps towards getting myself more fit until I was inspired by you guys to doso.

I started doing some running, but due to my situation it wasn't really practical at this point in time, so I had to give it up. However, I was inspired by Gravija's sig and the pushup thing, and know I could do that (well, not 100 today but... y'know).

So yea, pushups today, maybe running sometime soon :D I'm back in the game ^_^

Edit: Initial test was 30, but I saw this post first thing in the morning while on my netbook and still in bed, so I rolled out of bed and started doing pushups (lol). I'll try again later on today or in the evening and see what I get :D
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101