Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

encrypted12345

Re: Recommend me a Visual Novel.

Post by encrypted12345 »

VN recommendation thread that got buried.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... mmendation

Both of the VNs you said are a bit long for newbies, but Fate Stay Night was my first VN for a reason. To fully appreciate Ever17, you probably have to read more VNs.

I can recommend Yume Miru Kusuri, True Remembrance, Tokyo Alice, and Saya no Uta for being of reasonable length and good (though some aspects of YMK may annoy you, and the last one is horror.)

Kira Kira is a bit longer, but if you like rock music, you'll enjoy it.
Last edited by encrypted12345 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nihilistic_Idealist

Post by Nihilistic_Idealist »

Eh, sorry about this. I'm new here and I have a tendency to forget to use the search bar.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Its very short and very linear (As in no choices) but I have a soft spot for Narcissu - http://narcissu.insani.org/ - only takes 3-4 hours to run through, tops. Free, too.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Right now, I'm chekcing out "A Drug that Makes you Dream" (while at the meantime, playing some King of Fighters and old school arcade games on my computer, ha ha). So far, I'm loving it and it's a very bittersweet game, It's worth checking out.

Also, check out Higurashi/Umineko no Naku Koro Ni if you like horror mystery. Be weary both games are rather long and lieaner.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Palodin wrote:Its very short and very linear (As in no choices) but I have a soft spot for Narcissu - http://narcissu.insani.org/ - only takes 3-4 hours to run through, tops. Free, too.
While on the subject of Narcissu, I would also recommend True Remembrance which (like Narcissu) is free and is also in English.
Libra

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Libra »

Don'r know if someone else posted this already or if this is really a VN, but I enjoyed Playing "To the Moon",
http://freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/

A funny story about this is, when I explain this VN to my firend, his only comments was, "So.. you trick a dying old man? Who's wants to play that?"
:)
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Libra wrote:Don'r know if someone else posted this already or if this is really a VN, but I enjoyed Playing "To the Moon",
http://freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/

"To the Moon is an indie Adventure RPG, about two doctors traversing through the memories of a dying man to fulfill his last wish."

A funny story about this is, when I explain this VN to my firend, his only comments was, "So.. you trick a dying old man? Who's wants to play that?"
:)
VNs and RPGs are separated by a fuzzy line, so it's not your fault if you can't tell.

Hmm... I have heard good things about this game. I'll keep it in mind. Besides, it's execution, not premise. I have a bad habit of making everything I try to explain sound stupid.
SplendidClaw

Post by SplendidClaw »

I just finished YMK, it was pretty good overall(I actually like Nekkoko's arc the best, even though no one else seems to share my opinion).

I started playing Kira-Kira. Didn't get very far in, but I'm liking it so far. Seems pretty different so far, so that's always a good thing. One thing is though, the MC seems pretty mopey, so I hope that changes.
Last edited by SplendidClaw on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bokito

Post by Bokito »

Saya no Uta was really good, the only thing that brought it down were the (actually very useless) sex scenes.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

encrypted12345 wrote:Hmm... I have heard good things about this game. I'll keep it in mind. Besides, it's execution, not premise.
With music by Laura Shigihara, don't forget that!
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Libra

Post by Libra »

Does the game Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy counts?
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

DearDrops was a pretty good VN. The Kanade ad Riho routes were the best. The other two were kinda fluff. Riho route is the canon route which the DearDrops VS D2B squeal fandisk was based on. So play that one last. Overall it's got it's drama, but it's broken up by some comedy here and there. Oh, and the music rocks.
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Libra wrote:Does the game Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy counts?
Interactive movies don't count, imo.
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

What about something light hearted an not so serious ( i need a break for the serious VNs for a while cause the last 3 drained me ... KS , YMK and Kana ) i need something with a more fun feel to it