In a year of so will you still play this game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sethkowns

In a year of so will you still play this game?

Post by Sethkowns »

In a year of so will you still play this game? Now i don't mean playing everyday, but do you think you will still play this game every now and then after a year or so? I only ask this because i have only just started playing this game about a month ago and have already recieved around 90%. I still plan to play this throughout my days off and on. As to me this game is special, and it means a lot to me, and i could never just forget about it. I still plan on getting 100% and after that i plan on making a fanfic so i don't see myself stopping this game for quite awhile.
"I was warned that he was not only invincible, but strong enough to probably destory the building with a punch, or at least knock over the painting hanging in the hallway." Hideaki

Favorite Routes in Order: 1. Hanako 2. Lily 3. Emi 4. Kenji 5. Rin 6. Shizune
Game completion: 100% and aiming to still redo everyone's route.
Favorite Girl: Hanako!!!!!!!!
misterprinny

Re: In a year of so will you still play this game?

Post by misterprinny »

I think a year would be a reasonable amount of time to forget about most of the game and then replay it and FEEL ALL THOSE FEELS AGAIN. 8)
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.
Elitesweets

Post by Elitesweets »

I'm going to need my feels. So yes.
Sethkowns

Post by Sethkowns »

Glad to see i'm not the only one. I feel like i've been obsessed lately about this game to. So yeah i agree, it would be lovely to erase my mind of this game, just so i can relive my first playthrough.
"I was warned that he was not only invincible, but strong enough to probably destory the building with a punch, or at least knock over the painting hanging in the hallway." Hideaki

Favorite Routes in Order: 1. Hanako 2. Lily 3. Emi 4. Kenji 5. Rin 6. Shizune
Game completion: 100% and aiming to still redo everyone's route.
Favorite Girl: Hanako!!!!!!!!
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

misterprinny wrote:I think a year would be a reasonable amount of time to forget about most of the game and then replay it and FEEL ALL THOSE FEELS AGAIN.
Ditto.

I guess playing it once a year or once every two years, in game's release anniversary, would be a fine tradition.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

I have replayed all visual novels I liked, some even more than once. Don't see why Katawa Shoujo should be an exception to this rule.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

I personally play several of my favorite visual novels again on an annual (or longer) basis, and with KS being my new favorite VN, I am definitely going to revisit it next year.

Hell, I'm even playing through it again now, at a slower pace this time around. I have this bad habit of always rushing through text in a new VN, so taking it slowly in a second playthrough really helps me absorb the story more.

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

I 100%'d a while back, but I haven't actually played the game since. In a year or two I might; I honestly don't know. The community is what keeps me coming back here, though.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Yeah, for sure.

I need the 'feels' again after awhile, so it wouldn't hurt to go through it again
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Yeah probably. I usually I replay games that I have enjoyed in the past, and I fail to see why KS or any other VN would be any different.
Tempester

Post by Tempester »

I can see myself rereading Rin's route a few years from now, and *maybe* Hanako's. But really, I just have too many VNs to read (I've reading Muv-Luv right now), too many books to read, too many anime to watch, too many games to play, et cetera. While I liked Katawa Shoujo, it didn't strike me as the type of VN with high reread value. This world is chock-full of entertainment waiting to be enjoyed, and I think it's a good idea to expand your VN portfolio before returning to KS. That way, when you do reread KS, you won't get tired of it too easily as you would if you reread it immediately, and you'll get some perspective on how it holds up compared to other entries in the medium.
Mmm, crispy!

My avatar is from Muv-Luv.
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

I still have a bunch on my to-do list concerning KS and can see them keeping me occupied for a while. After that I'll put KS on hold, most likely returning to reread Hanako, Rin and Emi arcs next year.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

After 2.5 months of playing i only completed 2 arcs so far... So probably yes :p i'll definitely replay Emi's arc again too.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Wander

Post by Wander »

I can't see to the future.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

this is classic ... like mario 3 type of classic ... i be playing this 10 years down the line