Cola and Cigarettes (Hisao Fic)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mealforthree

Cola and Cigarettes (Hisao Fic)

Post by Mealforthree »

And so with that I thought I’d take a final walk, the tide of public opinion had long ago started to abate – the neighbours, bless them, had turned out to be all talk – I could see their frightened faces peering at me through the gate.

We’re all dead and dying, forgotten and forbidden, yet we press on. There is nothing which can defeat our passion to try, our burning desire to change or at the very least ignore the fates which have been bestowed upon us.

I myself am no longer counting my final breaths, I have chosen to completely omit registering them in the little notebooks stashed somewhere deep in my brain along with the slowly ticking away countdown towards the last throbs with which my crippled heart will audaciously announce my resignation from this world to the unknown.
I have long ago accepted my fate – death; the one told that he might not live past middle age managed to push on and outlive everyone dear to him, which is kind of ironic: I have domesticated the shadow that’s been always creeping beside me, keeping me company at all times, ready to extend its dry hand and lay me to rest: the worst adversary of life has become my most amicable companion.

And it is true. It is not death who I have grown to despise – it is life. I hoped that the gifts it had so precariously conferred upon me would never be taken away, that I would be the one to enjoy them from the beginning to the end, that I would not have to resort to graceful gestures of compensating for the untold goodbyes as the coffin is buried beneath the soil.

I have seen people I held close laid to eternal rest.

My wife along with the five fairies I’d once met in Yamaku have passed away. I can still remember them clearly and vividly, all the colours they emanated still imprinted in my old tattered heart.

It might be why it kept at it – pumping blood -, disregarding my lamentable pleas for death.

I am one hundred and eighteen years old. It has been a century since my lifeline took a turn in the direction that brought me here.

Back where it has started.

I have come full circle.

It is here I was given a second chance at life.
It is here I die.

In memoriam Hisao Nakai
1989-2107
Last edited by Mealforthree on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FluffandCrunch

Re: Cola and Cigarettes (Hisao Fic)

Post by FluffandCrunch »

...yep, still like it.
Mealforthree

Post by Mealforthree »

FluffandCrunch wrote:...yep, still like it.
I am very glad you do.
misterprinny

Post by misterprinny »

Very good.

I'd imagine at the young and healthy age of 118, breathing would cause a heart attack for poor Hisao. Goodness knows how he managed to survive that long.
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.
Bi-Polar Hernandez

Post by Bi-Polar Hernandez »

A combination of Emi and Science, I'm sure.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

You are a great writer. Short and effective; and very, very well done. Image
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

what is this I don't even
Mealforthree

Post by Mealforthree »

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

And yeah, Brogurt, Hisao - 118 years old? Wut?
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

After that Hanako story I was rather wary of going into this topic. Nevertheless, that asshole curiosity dragged me in here, and how very surprised I was. This is brilliant. You've told an entire lifetime of story (pun totally intended) in a little over four hundred words. I do not believe I will even think about skipping your next story. Kudos to you sir.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Mealforthree

Post by Mealforthree »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:After that Hanako story I was rather wary of going into this topic. Nevertheless, that asshole curiosity dragged me in here, and how very surprised I was. This is brilliant. You've told an entire lifetime of story (pun totally intended) in a little over four hundred words. I do not believe I will even think about skipping your next story. Kudos to you sir.
I don't think there can be anything more pleasurable to an author's ears and eyes than reading and hearing such responses.
Lothbrok

Post by Lothbrok »

I feel kinda wrong for expecting and looking forward to something similar to the hanako one...
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

I liked it, though he did seem to to live a really long time...suspiciously long...
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
CommnderShepard

Post by CommnderShepard »

Roamin12 wrote:I liked it, though he did seem to to live a really long time...suspiciously long...
Attachments
im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.jpg
im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.jpg (30.34 KiB) Viewed 6998 times
Find me on steam.
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

CommnderShepard wrote:
Roamin12 wrote:I liked it, though he did seem to to live a really long time...suspiciously long...
Or the miracle of modern science, but aliens seem more likely. :D
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Roamin12 wrote:
CommnderShepard wrote:
Or the miracle of modern science, but aliens seem more likely. :D
Of course you would have a picture of Kenji as your avatar when you say that.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!