Easter Egg General

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Evvinartopski

Re: Easter Egg General

Post by Evvinartopski »

Notguest wrote:
Evvinartopski wrote:People that are well-known with anime-characters will have a blast looking at CGs with random bystanders in them.

In Emi's route, the nurse jokingly quotes Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Hisao doesn't pick up on it though, earning himself a frown from the nurse.
What was the quote?
Also, as far as book titles go, the one about the postal system is The Crying of Lot 49.

By the way, were all the references to Emi being popular an intentional reference to the meme?
Nurse: "Don't forget that I know what medications you're on. You be careful around Emi, got it?"
Hisao: "Don't hurt Emi. Got it."
Nurse: "Grand! I'd hate for you to be late."
Hisao: "Huh?"
Nurse: *Big grin* "Late, as in the late Hisao Nakai."
He frowns briefly, dissatisfied.
Nurse: "Sounded better in my head..."

The only thing that was missing was the "It's a sort of threat, you see."
LurkerNo.9

Post by LurkerNo.9 »

Also on the musical easter egg front, the song "Red Velvet" quotes from jazz great Oscar Peterson's "Hymn to Freedom". One of the most beautiful songs in the world, IMHO.
Wonderboy

Post by Wonderboy »

Nayuki Minase (Kanon) can be seen during the track meet.
ScatmanJohn

Post by ScatmanJohn »

Look at this:

That's from one of the "crowd" scenes in the final release. The silhouettes seemed a bit familiar so I dug up the old character sprites from the Grid1 version and compared. Is it just me or...?

I think I also saw a silhouette of old Shizune, which was a lot more obvious.
Wander

Post by Wander »

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but there's the Highlander reference Kenji gives in the first act when he's talking about being the last sane man in an insane world:

"There can be only one like in that foreign movie where there could be only one and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point"

Also, I wonder if people could share some of the funny save state titles you get in different parts of the game. Those are often sort of easter eggish and humourous.

Things like: When going to Hanako's birthday party, save file reads "Unidentified Drinking Object"

Or when Emi is going to run in the rain: "Famous last words"

Or the scene with Lilly and Shizune arguing: "Cold war"

There's tons more I'm sure. Just took a quick look at what I had in my save states right now.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Various pop culture reference and various references to other video games such as "Behold! Optic Blast" from the old Street Fighter Vs. X-MEN fighitng game.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Wander wrote:There's tons more I'm sure. Just took a quick look at what I had in my save states right now.
Those are the chapter titles. If you look in the Library under "Extras", you'll find them all.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

When Hisao says "I crush the card in my fist dramatically, is it perhaps a reference to this guy?

Also, what does the chapter title "Eet ees... Scienca" mean? Is it a reference to something?
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
Libra

Post by Libra »

Evvinartopski wrote:
In Emi's route, the nurse jokingly quotes Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Hisao doesn't pick up on it though, earning himself a frown from the nurse.
Yeah,I remember that and I was thinking to myself was that a inside joke or not..
:)
Wander

Post by Wander »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Wander wrote:There's tons more I'm sure. Just took a quick look at what I had in my save states right now.
Those are the chapter titles. If you look in the Library under "Extras", you'll find them all.
Cheers.