Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tempester

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Tempester »

NoOne3 wrote:And once there was this really strange moment while running on my last breath, I noticed the clouds dispersed while I was running and I saw the stars for the first time, I tried to remember if there was something about stars in KS, some scene with Shizune maybe? (I'm not thinking of KS all the time, believe me)
And then I noticed the music stopped, and I can stop running, cough up the last piece of lung, and go back home.
Those little private moments of mystique...

Edit: Oh God! Listen to that, I'm changing into a magical girl.
Runner's high, maybe?
Mmm, crispy!

My avatar is from Muv-Luv.
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Tempester wrote:
NoOne3 wrote:And once there was this really strange moment while running on my last breath, I noticed the clouds dispersed while I was running and I saw the stars for the first time, I tried to remember if there was something about stars in KS, some scene with Shizune maybe? (I'm not thinking of KS all the time, believe me)
And then I noticed the music stopped, and I can stop running, cough up the last piece of lung, and go back home.

Runner's high, maybe?
Or adrenaline was still pumping preventing you from not feeling any fatigue.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
ook

Post by ook »

Week 5 day 2, I'm officially past the halfway point. :)

Today I ran on the same path I did during week 1. I saw the goals I used to set back then, like "run to the next lamppost then start walking" or "get to the end of the sidewalk" and remembered how tired I was at those points.
Now it felt so cool when I just breezed past those landmarks without stopping, and without even feeling tired. I've come so far. :D

Totally ready for the big run next time.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Hehe, I know the feeling

by the way, runner dudes, check this out, maybe that's interesting to you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChiRunning

Taijiquan techniques are pretty useful, used to do the standard 24 forms many years ago.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
NL-=3

Post by NL-=3 »

^ I took a look at it, and it looks intresting. Maybe I'll try it sometime.
ook wrote:Week 5 day 2, I'm officially past the halfway point. :)
Nice.

Just finished my second run. I must say, it was hard this time. I could feel my first run burning in my muscles, but I totally look forward till the next run!
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I know the feeling. I was running late in the evening last week as well. And I was listening to Constellations by Enter Shikari ( The music, lyrics, the stars above me and me running out of breath... It was a perfect little mystique moment.

@NL-: like Emi already said in KS, the second run is the worst :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Still stalled on the running plan until after I see my doctor.

My knee was generally better today, although still sore a bit. Most noticeable when going down stairs or down an incline.

I did take the time to do some stretching, leg lifts and about 10 minutes of spinning on the stationary bike to get my heart rate up.

Hopefully the doc will have some advice for me on Friday. I really want to get back on track with the plan, although I'll probably have to start all over at this point. I guess we'll see.
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

NoOne3 wrote:I had a moment of crisis like that two or three times. Energetic music usually helped me.

And once there was this really strange moment while running on my last breath, I noticed the clouds dispersed while I was running and I saw the stars for the first time, I tried to remember if there was something about stars in KS, some scene with Shizune maybe? (I'm not thinking of KS all the time, believe me)

Rofl. So... We're going to have to start calling you "Sparkling Generation Valkyrie NoOne"??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

ook wrote:Week 5 day 2, I'm officially past the halfway point. :)

Today I ran on the same path I did during week 1. I saw the goals I used to set back then, like "run to the next lamppost then start walking" or "get to the end of the sidewalk" and remembered how tired I was at those points.
Now it felt so cool when I just breezed past those landmarks without stopping, and without even feeling tired. I've come so far. :D

Totally ready for the big run next time.
I'm doing that tomorrow! I know what you mean about using landmarks as guides, and I know the feeling of reaching them getting easier and easier. It's an awesome feeling :D
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

First run of week 8. Man, i had a bad day! I managed to complete the run, but my muscles/legs hurt like hell. Stamina was okay though.

After the 8 week plan, I'm gonna go for 2 runs of 5km a week until I join the running club (hopefully i'll join that running club in 2 weeks or so already) and i'm also gonna take the push up challenge (100 push ups after 6 weeks) -> http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html

Looks like you guys are progressing good as well. Keep it up! :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Nice! Good luck on the push up challenge, gRaViJa!

I had a derp moment. It was a good derp, but a derp nonetheless. On Monday I actually did the first day of Week 6 (5-8-5) instead of Week 5 (5-5-5). Imagine my surprise for even having thoughts about repeating a week when I was getting ahead of schedule. Today, I double and triple checked to confirm that I will be doing the 8-8 today. DERP
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Bigbishounen wrote:
NoOne3 wrote: Edit: Oh God! Listen to that, I'm changing into a magical girl.
Rofl. So... We're going to have to start calling you "Sparkling Generation Valkyrie NoOne"??
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My thought exactly. BTW, comic is not quite sensational, but still fairly readable.

As for the pushups, I'm following a slightly modified program. I called it 5pushups challange... :)
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Tomorrow is the big day: 5km in 30 minutes :D

After that I'll take up running with that friend of mine and hopefully join a club :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
ook

Post by ook »

Awesome dude, good luck.

but isn't this a 9 week program? Or are you using a different chart?

Anyway I did week 5 day 3, it went great. In fact it felt a little too easy. Next week I'll work on picking up the pace. :)
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Ok, Updates updates for those who are interested in watching an old guy fall apart. :(

Visited my doctor today (actually her Nurse practitioner.) and it looks like I may have torn or strained my patellar ligaments in my right leg. I've been referred over to the medical group's Sports Medicine physician. A fellow named (I kid you not) Dr. Michael Jordan. :lol: I also had an x-ray of the knee, just in case. Hopefully no bone damage, although I'm told that's unlikely. For now I am absolutely sidelined. Dr's order, NO RUNNING. However cycling and careful stretching are A-OK, actually recommended. So my treadmill will remain empty for now. I'm going to swap over to using the stationary bike and/or my touring bike as weather allows. I'll probably use the Emi running plan as a model for my exercise, but I'm going to keep at SOME kind of exercise as much as I can. Unless Dr. Jordan *snerk* :) says I can't.

So even though I wasn't able to keep pace with the rest of you guys, I'm glad I was able to at least get a start on a healthier lifestyle. I'll still post in the thread, and put up my general progress and keep you all abreast of my boring medical saga. But I'm out of the footrace for now. See you in the Velodrome I guess. :P