If this entire board is Yamaku High...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

So which 'club' are you going to be in?

Lilly's (un)official fanclub
21%
Literature/Book Club (secretly 'Hanako's Guards')
33%
Track Team (w/Emi)
10%
Art Club (w/Rin)
14%
Student Council
9%
'Go Home' club
13%

Total votes: 292

V_nce

Re: If this entire board is Yamaku High...

Post by V_nce »

'Go Home Club' means you dont join an actual club, so you do nothing in your afternoons.
Manly picknicks most commonly take place between people with no clubs interests and happen in the afternoons.

Therefore the 'Go Home Club' is automatically the 'Manly Picknicks' club, and im in.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

track team fo' sure :) It's pretty much what i'm doing/planning in real life as well anyway. (well, sports club, but you get the picture)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

This Club Lacks the Music Club Mentioned in the story! I demand a Music Club!!!!
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Alexbond45 wrote:This Club Lacks the Music Club Mentioned in the story! I demand a Music Club!!!!
Don't. Take the initiative.

Start a band. :mrgreen:

Sgt. Hanako's Broken Hearts Club Band.
Last edited by Paddy on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

"Hanako's Guards"

For some reason I find the very idea hilarious.

I can just imagine Hisao getting ambushed by a bunch of guys, getting knocked out, and waking up tied to a chair with a bag over his head. And then being warned that if he ever even talks to Hanako, his kneecaps will get broken.

And I can just imagine Hanako's reaction to finding out about this secret society. XD
Dawnstorm

Post by Dawnstorm »

Tilting Clock wrote:Much as I would like to transport my more mature self back in time, I would probably be founder of the "Sit Around and Talk About Esoterics Club" again. My steps for starting this club back in High School were:

1) Find an interesting spot to sit and think.
2) Continue to be introverted.
3) People start sitting there for whatever reason and seek my insight.
4) More people flock to the spot and we all toss around topics.

Throw in a toga or two and you've got yourself an old-school philosophy club.
Ah, the Sitting-under-a-tree-and-occasionally-trying-to-figure-out-what-you're-thinking-but-only-until-it-makes-you-look-sad-and-then-just-watch-some-clouds-but-you-can-do-what-you-want-really-even-look-sad-though-you-probably-don't-want-that club!

I'm in.

(Since this wasn't an option I voted for the literature club - and I'd actually be reading, too.)
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Hmmm.

Art Club - lol can't draw worth shit.

Lilly's Offical fanclub - lol sounds like I'm a lonely fanboy

Hanako's Guardsmen - lol i hate white knights

Track Team - lol I can't run worth shit.

Student Counil - lol I'll wind up smacking Shizune upside her face get in a "Nigga Moment" with her due to her bitch-like mentally.

'Go Home' Club - Meh.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

You Obviously don't know how expensive a Band is to actually create.

I'LL DO IT!
Here is an idea of expense
It Takes about $10000 USD To get some heavy equipment and stuff, Or, Probably a shit ton of Yen (Probably a Million if The Internet proves anything, Actually, a bit above that).
It's about 2000 for one Double Horn (A Double French Horn is the Horn Most Players use) and It's about 5000 USD For a Concert Tuba.)

Sorry it took so long to reply

Anyway, Any Volunteers? No you won't get paid. If you don't play you'll....Disrespect the Fatherland? NO that's Germany! Hmmmm
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Alexbond45 wrote:You Obviously don't know how expensive a Band is to actually create.

I'LL DO IT!
Here is an idea of expense
It Takes about $10000 USD To get some heavy equipment and stuff, Or, Probably a shit ton of Yen (Probably a Million if The Internet proves anything, Actually, a bit above that).
It's about 2000 for one Double Horn (A Double French Horn is the Horn Most Players use) and It's about 5000 USD For a Concert Tuba.)

Sorry it took so long to reply

Anyway, Any Volunteers? No you won't get paid. If you don't play you'll....Disrespect the Fatherland? NO that's Germany! Hmmmm

Where does the other $3000 go?

I don't honestly know how to play anything, and I've never been much good with a baton, so I'll have to decline.

I think the operative stereotype you are looking for is: you will bring shame and dishonour to your family, the gods, and the Emperor.

Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Well, About 2000 Would go into Salaries, the other 1000 would go into "other" (Transportation and buying Scores)
MY CODE:
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Alexbond45 wrote:Well, About 2000 Would go into Salaries, the other 1000 would go into "other" (Transportation and buying Scores)
How would you get the other instruments?! :shock:

Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Well, There are 2 Types of Instruments, School Provided and Personal, French Horns, Baritones, Tubas, MAYBE trombones, Saxaphone Equipment and heavy purcussion are purchased by the school and students use these, For they are too expensive to privately own.

Personal Instruments, such as the trumpet, Clarinet, Flute, Piccolo, Alto Saxaphone, and MAYBE Trombone, are Provided by the players themselves, and that is how they get there.

In my band, We have a lot of school owned instruments, an excellent French Horn Section and a great Trombone group, However, there are also about 12 Trumpets in Top band, like 15 Clarinets (I hate the Clarinet, they ALWAYS mess up because they DONT PRACTICE!!!) And like the same number of flutes. and some sax's.
MY CODE:
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Alexbond45 wrote:Well, There are 2 Types of Instruments, School Provided and Personal, French Horns, Baritones, Tubas, MAYBE trombones, Saxaphone Equipment and heavy purcussion are purchased by the school and students use these, For they are too expensive to privately own.

Personal Instruments, such as the trumpet, Clarinet, Flute, Piccolo, Alto Saxaphone, and MAYBE Trombone, are Provided by the players themselves, and that is how they get there.

In my band, We have a lot of school owned instruments, an excellent French Horn Section and a great Trombone group, However, there are also about 12 Trumpets in Top band, like 15 Clarinets (I hate the Clarinet, they ALWAYS mess up because they DONT PRACTICE!!!) And like the same number of flutes. and some sax's.
Did not know that. Ya learn something new every day.

What do you play?

Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

French Horn.
MY CODE:
Tilting Clock

Post by Tilting Clock »

Viola. So few know what the heck it is and those who do usually don't care. We're the outcast punks of the orchestra.

Speaking of, I really need to find a hundred bucks lying around to get my viola into a shop. Stupid climate change did a number on my beautiful bow. ;-;