Upcoming Katawa Shoujo Anime Expo Artbook

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bara

Re: Upcoming Katawa Shoujo Anime Expo Artbook

Post by Bara »

alien.marksman wrote:
Bara wrote:Great, "a silent, lurking horde".... Now I'm picturing people coming up to their table and buying the art book without making eye contact or speaking, then scurrying away with the book in an anonymous brown paper bag.
Aww Shit!
Now I want to go to AX just to video people buying the Art Book as if it was some clandestine dealings in Contraband.. or Government Secrets.
CrippiLeaks? :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Bara

Post by Bara »

encrypted12345 wrote:EDIT: Also remember that there were 2 mil blog posts and a significant amount were from California. Even if you assume that there were only 10,000 people who loved the game in California, at least 1% are bound to be crazy enough to go to Anime Expo which would be an overwhelming number of a 100 of people in the KS stand. Then there's all the people that have played KS and aren't up to current news, so when they wander into Anime Expo, they'll go "Holy fuck!" and shell over their money.

Of course, I suck at statistics, so these calculations are probably way off.
I'm pretty sure the folks that stop by will be mostly people that just happen to have their eye caught by something on the table as they walk by. I figure it is all about where their table is in the hall and where other big draws are located in relation to them. Just taking the number of 100 KS fans who attend AX in LA I bet they have several times more AX STAFF than KS fans there (if only they could get all the Staff to actually do productive work. Don't you normally end up with 2.5 people screwing off for 1 person working like mad.) :lol:

By most any measure 100 folks are a fair number but not at an event like that.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

I posted about the project on G+ and in the time it took me to write the post, the fund jumped another $10. The KS community never ceases to amaze me.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

MoogleDee wrote:I posted about the project on G+ and in the time it took me to write the post, the fund jumped another $10. The KS community never ceases to amaze me.
You have to admit. The buttons do look pretty damn nice.
Libra

Post by Libra »

I'll in 50 bucks for it.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Just utterly blows my mind how HUGE this is.

The poor artists have got to be just :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know I'd be caught somewhere between delirious joy and curled-up-in-a-ball-in-the-corner-sucking-my-thumb fear at this point.

I was actually considering contacting one of the artists to commission some work on my own, but I think I may have to wait a bit now. :lol:
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

Oh dang, why I discovered this only yesterday? Now as an European guy I won't have any chance to purchase the artbook! :(
I suppose I should donate anyway and receive the buttons and the card, but it's not the same thing...

Just out of curiosity: if you could be the one who pledged $50+, who would you have chosen to be drawn in the artbook, and how?
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Woody Alien wrote:Just out of curiosity: if you could be the one who pledged $50+, who would you have chosen to be drawn in the artbook, and how?
Hachisame!!

What? The Mishimmie memes deserve a place in the art book, too. I guess in the girl's Yamaku uniform.
RelaxRelapse

Post by RelaxRelapse »

I've been a long time lurker, but now I have a question. I sadly missed the chance of receiving the Artbook (got the money together, and then found out they stopped the $20 perk) and was curious if anyone going to Anime Expo is willing to pick me up a copy. I will pay your asking price as well as shipping if you are willing to do this for me. I guess the best place to let me know is messaging me or posting here, and we can get all the details worked out.

Thanks if anyone can!
Titus

Post by Titus »

Couldn't get it even if I wanted, I wont be in the US (hopefully) in August. Anyway they're sold out.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Ten more $30 dollar tier books are going to become available on Friday. I don't know why I'm alerting my competition about this though. Noblesse oblige?
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Mahorfeus wrote:Ten more $30 dollar tier books are going to become available on Friday. I don't know why I'm alerting my competition about this though. Noblesse oblige?
You sir, are quite commendable. May the best man win.

Jokes aside, I'll be courteous and stick with my $20 one and watch over the panic over the $30 one.

*Reads update* ... Those guys are as nice as fuck. You can free up a $20 slot if you are quick enough? Props to them.
SephkaBlight

Post by SephkaBlight »

More importantly the guy who got the $50 pledge is letting you vote on what character and outfit you'd like in the book :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... Z3c6MQ&ifq

Edited it in the OP as well
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

SephkaBlight wrote:More importantly the guy who got the $50 pledge is letting you vote on what character and outfit you'd like in the book :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... Z3c6MQ&ifq

Edited it in the OP as well
Awesome! Voted for Shizune in her Yukata. (Mmmm.....)
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
SephkaBlight

Post by SephkaBlight »

I voted for Lilly in a summer dress :3