8%
Shizune
7%

Total votes: 705

crystal

Re: Who was your first arc?

Post by crystal »

Libra wrote:Emi.

I want to know who got the Kenji death ending for the first time playing.

I hope that didn't put you off the game.
I got it the first two times. At that point I resorted to a guide. :mrgreen:

But it didn't put me off the game, in fact it was one of my favorite scenes. Ignoring that though, my first play through was Lilly. Is it just coincidence that 50% of people played Emi's first?
Lilly path > Hanako path >>>> Shizune path > Emi path > Rin path.

My most heart wrenching moment...Misha getting a haircut.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

crystal wrote:
Libra wrote:Emi.

I want to know who got the Kenji death ending for the first time playing.

I got it the first two times. At that point I resorted to a guide. :mrgreen:

But it didn't put me off the game, in fact it was one of my favorite scenes. Ignoring that though, my first play through was Lilly. Is it just coincidence that 50% of people played Emi's first?
It is probably because If you were Hisao, you would listen to the Doctor more and run on the track, That is what I personally think.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Alexbond45 wrote: It is probably because If you were Hisao, you would listen to the Doctor more and run on the track, That is what I personally think.
But the nurse specifically tells you not to push yourself. The first time I played through the game, I honestly thought choosing the option to race Emi would immediately end in my death! It baffles me that so many people choose that option.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Fluffboll

Post by Fluffboll »

Mirrormn wrote:
Alexbond45 wrote: It is probably because If you were Hisao, you would listen to the Doctor more and run on the track, That is what I personally think.
But the nurse specifically tells you not to push yourself. The first time I played through the game, I honestly thought choosing the option to race Emi would immediately end in my death! It baffles me that so many people choose that option.
Well, death is preferable to giving up!
Since I would have pushed myself to catch up to Emi in that situation I chose that option for Hisao as well.
DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk »

[deleted]
Last edited by DrSkulk on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

DrSkulk wrote:I went for the "Go for it!" option after considering what Emi said the previous day - something on the lines of "if you've done more than you have yesterday, then you have made an improvement!" I agreed wholeheartedly with that. That's how you improve after all, really.

... I didn't quite expect Hisao to push himself THAT much however. :|
Agreed..
I guess I am a little bit like Shizune. 100% focus on the task at hand.
that carried over to the choice made early in the game where I made Hisao just about die on the running track, and ended up on an Emi path instead of chasing the girl I wanted.
For Queen and Country
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Mirrormn wrote:But the nurse specifically tells you not to push yourself. The first time I played through the game, I honestly thought choosing the option to race Emi would immediately end in my death! It baffles me that so many people choose that option.
Wanted to impress the girl, as so often in life :lol:
I must admit, I went the same way (and was actually aiming for Lilly).
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Exact same situation as above, I went with Lilly on the Second run though.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

dunkelfalke wrote:
Mirrormn wrote:But the nurse specifically tells you not to push yourself. The first time I played through the game, I honestly thought choosing the option to race Emi would immediately end in my death! It baffles me that so many people choose that option.
Wanted to impress the girl, as so often in life :lol:
I must admit, I went the same way (and was actually aiming for Lilly).
Same here. I was feeling competitive. Then I remembered a couple minutes later "Oh sh**! I forgot I had a heart condition!!" :lol:

Well, it went much better than I expected.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Surprised Emi is so far ahead in the lead. Although I would imagine it's because people try to play both sides of Lilly/Hanako and Shizune/Misha, and end up caught in the middle with either Emi or Rin.

Regardless, I got Lilly's good ending on my first run. She's still my absolute favorite.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Surprised Emi is so far ahead in the lead. Although I would imagine it's because people try to play both sides of Lilly/Hanako and Shizune/Misha, and end up caught in the middle with either Emi or Rin.

Regardless, I got Lilly's good ending on my first run. She's still my absolute favorite.
Lilly was my second, also my favorite.
MY CODE:
BobBobberson

Post by BobBobberson »

Paddy wrote:My first playthrough was fairly natural. I just selected the choices as I would, and I ended up with Emi, and I got the good ending. :)

After that, I tried for Hanako. I got whiskey on the roof instead.

After looking at the flow chart, then, to figure out what I was doing wrong, I chose to go for Shizune's path instead. Got the good ending. Then for completion, the bad one (not that I wanted to; I damn well knew what "comfort Misha" meant). I'm still not sure I completely get the bad ending.

Then I chose Lilly, went for the neutral ending, then for the good ending. (It's actually better, in my opinion, to play Lilly's endings in that order.)

I'll tackle Hanako, then Rin. But not before I play through Lilly's good ending again. It's too good to play through only once.
GODAMMIT I would read this post and spoil a choice I saw coming thanks to a thumbnail on youtube. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Tachikoma

Post by Tachikoma »

Copped Kenji first, then Emi second. I think Emi was the easiest to get sucked into.
zanger

Post by zanger »

Libra wrote:I want to know who got the Kenji death ending for the first time playing.

I didn't really know what I was doing at the time, and sort of randomly selected options at the choice screens, and then went "wtf just happened".
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

The statistics will tell you Rin's the most likely path (aside from the manly picnic). The statistics lie.

(Scroll down to "8. Routes & Endings" for a detailed breakdown of each route and the chances of getting them.)
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?