Most Physically Attractive Girl

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which of the girls in Katawa Shoujo is the most physically attractive?

Emi Ibarazaki
12%
Hanako Ikezawa
17%
Lilly Satou
29%
Rin Tezuka
4%
Shizune Hakamichi
13%
Shiina “Misha” Mikado
8%
Yuuko Shirakawa
2%
Akira Satou
3%
Miki Miura
6%
Mrs Meiko Ibarazaki
5%
Sae Saionji (Nomiya's friend)
0%

Total votes: 3221

Wander

Re: Most Physically Attractive Girl

Post by Wander »

If they existed in real life, Lilly, to me, would have the most obvious beautiful qualities. Tall, blonde, long, curly hair. Nice character otherwise too. Only one flaw; her apparent Christian Catholism (Well, atleast she went to Catholic school and wears that cross on her neck). Not a big fan of the church personally, but I'm pleased that the writers never brought talk about god into play. Good call.

Other than that, I'd actually probably be into Yuuko's looks.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Wander wrote:If they existed in real life, Lilly, to me, would have the most obvious beautiful qualities. Tall, blonde, long, curly hair. Nice character otherwise too. Only one flaw; her apparent Christian Catholism (Well, atleast she went to Catholic school and wears that cross on her neck). Not a big fan of the church personally, but I'm pleased that the writers never brought talk about god into play. Good call.
I'm with you there. On the other hand, Catholicism in particular seems to breed more atheism than other denominations, since it is so strict (at times illogically so). So Lilly wouldn't necessarily be devoutly religious. Regardless, that's not really the type of consideration for this thread in the first place. Religion has no bearing on physical attractiveness!
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Wander

Post by Wander »

^Indeed, it was rather just a side comment. I would have probably made it into a "favourite personality" poll or whatever, had I found one.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Wander wrote:If they existed in real life, Lilly, to me, would have the most obvious beautiful qualities. Tall, blonde, long, curly hair. Nice character otherwise too. Only one flaw; her apparent Christian Catholicism (Well, at least she went to Catholic school and wears that cross on her neck). Not a big fan of the church personally, but I'm pleased that the writers never brought talk about god into play. Good call.

Other than that, I'd actually probably be into Yuuko's looks.
I don't think Lilly would be much of a Catholic, for 3 reasons:

1) That "healthy adolescent sex drive". It doesn't mean she's a godforsaken, hedonistic heathen, by any means. But serious Catholics generally don't do that, especially not if they know they are never going to see that person again. :(

2) Only about 1% of the population is Christian, never mind Catholic. Japan is a predominantly secular/atheist/(at best) superstitious country. (Yes, technically they're Shinto and Buddhist, but as I understand it, the vast majority don't take religion especially seriously over there.) And if she's been in Japan for six years non-stop with only Akira to take care of her(who I'd tend to doubt had any strong religious affiliations anyway), I doubt she's developed anything like an interest, much less a passion, for Christianity of any kind, even in a Catholic school.

Also, that cross around her neck? In Japanese culture, it's little different from a yin-yang - just kind of an exotic, foreign symbol.

3) Scotland is predominantly a Reformed Protestant, not a Catholic, nation. And I could go on all day about the differences between Calvinist theology and Catholic theology.

Not that religion should have much to do with your choice anyway. As the OP told me:
Rivan wrote:I made this topic since the emotional side of the game is already spread all over these boards and as the OP i asked specifically : pluck out their souls. Which do you keep as a love doll? :D (Well, it was not so grotesque and brutal originally. I just asked which is the most physically attractive with the emotional side put away).
Although if Lilly were Catholic - and a good one... :? hmmm....

Ok, I'll stop now.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

And honestly, not to offend any Catholic Christians, as a Christian, many Catholic people only claim to be Catholic to feel better. You see, to be Catholic, the simple way is to be born to parents who are Catholic. This is just how the denomination, Along with many others, seem to be, People simply go there to feel happy, with no Devotion to god or the Religion.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Alexbond45 wrote:And honestly, not to offend any Catholic Christians, as a Christian, many Catholic people only claim to be Catholic to feel better. You see, to be Catholic, the simple way is to be born to parents who are Catholic. This is just how the denomination, Along with many others, seem to be, People simply go there to feel happy, with no Devotion to god or the Religion.
Yes. My parents only used to take us to church on Easter and Christmas, mostly to appease her parents. Now, later in their lives, they're going again every week! Being in church doesn't make you Christian any more than being in a garage makes you a car, and they are going for something to do as much as anything else.

As for Lilly, I've known of plenty of girls who had a crucifix necklace but weren't practicing Christians. That said, you can't really go telling other people how to practice their religious beliefs.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Wander wrote:If they existed in real life, Lilly, to me, would have the most obvious beautiful qualities. Tall, blonde, long, curly hair. Nice character otherwise too. Only one flaw; her apparent Christian Catholism (Well, atleast she went to Catholic school and wears that cross on her neck). Not a big fan of the church personally, but I'm pleased that the writers never brought talk about god into play. Good call.
I actually never really noticed Lilly's necklace until I played Shizune's route (specifically, during the fishing trip). Despite attending a Catholic school, though, I highly doubt Lilly's a practicing Catholic. Not only is God never mentioned, but Catholicism as a religion is never brought up, either.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

To tie this back to the topic, I will say that I find the physical concept of a girl wearing a crucifix necklace - putting aside all symbolic connotations - to be kind of cute.

Wander

Post by Wander »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
I actually never really noticed Lilly's necklace until I played Shizune's route (specifically, during the fishing trip). Despite attending a Catholic school, though, I highly doubt Lilly's a practicing Catholic. Not only is God never mentioned, but Catholicism as a religion is never brought up, either.
Yes, as many have said (and I already said originally), religious topics are actually never raised, and although that may have been interesting in some way, I am indeed satisfied about them being left out.
3) Scotlandis predominantly a Reformed Protestant, not a Catholic, nation. And I could go on all day about the differences between Calvinist theology and Catholic theology.
Yes, I know it's mainly a Reformed Protestant nation, but obviously Lilly's parents (mother, was theScottish one, wasn't she?) are not protestant, cause protestants would never send their children to a catholic school. To be honest, the whole catholic thing is a bit bizarre, and I guess not really worth putting much thought into, cause the only references are, as I said, the mention of the all-girls Catholic school and the cross present in one of her outfits, and the story makes no attempt to investigate this territory any further.

E:
To tie this back to the topic, I will say that I find the physical concept of a girl wearing a crucifix necklace - putting aside all symbolic connotations - to be kind of cute.
I reckon a Thor's Hammer would be even cuter. :lol:
CrimsonMoonMist

Post by CrimsonMoonMist »

Deep eyes, petite body, short yet not overly so hair, cute face,
yup! Definitely have to vote for Shizune.
Now I feel like a creep after having to lay down purely physical attractions...
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

CrimsonMoonMist wrote:Deep eyes, petite body, short yet not overly so hair, cute face,
You forgot the glasses... oh man. *pant pant*

Impaired vision = sexy!
Last edited by metalangel on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Wander wrote: I reckon a Thor's Hammer would be even cuter. :lol:
How about a Wounded Heart pendant? :o

Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Yes, I know it's mainly a Reformed Protestant nation, but obviously Lilly's parents (mother, was theScottish one, wasn't she?) are not protestant, cause protestants would never send their children to a catholic school.
:lol:
It's OK. You probably didn't know that Catholic schools tend to have superior education and discipline in comparison to public schools. That's why parents of even otherwise very irreligious homes are willing to cough up the big bucks to send their kids there.

They're like private schools - except with a religious bent (and sometimes run by monastics).
To be honest, the whole catholic thing is a bit bizarre, and I guess not really worth putting much thought into, cause the only references are, as I said, the mention of the all-girls Catholic school and the cross present in one of her outfits, and the story makes no attempt to investigate this territory any further.
There you go. Shall we drop it before a mod decides to put a lock on this thread? :mrgreen:
I reckon a Thor's Hammer would be even cuter. :lol:
Whatever floats your boat. I'd rather she'd had a rosary in the hand than a cross (it's not a crucifix without Jesus's body on it) around the neck.

Or a headscarf, like this:

Oh, baby. :P
Wanna come to Eucharistic Adoration with me tonight? ;) Say a few Rosaries with me? Maybe make a few?
CrimsonMoonMist wrote:Deep eyes, petite body, short yet not overly so hair, cute face,
No creepiness in that at all. Shizune's hot. (I think they designed her to be a bit more daring looking.)

Xzal

Post by Xzal »

I chose Emi, purely because of the Can Do attitude. Its something I miss of myself, so it was endearing to see someone who was so similar.
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Xzal wrote:I chose Emi, purely because of the Can Do attitude. Its something I miss of myself, so it was endearing to see someone who was so similar.

Welcome to the forums!