Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ook

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by ook »

Week 4 complete :D

Since I started exercising/eating better, I've lost about 15 pounds. Today I dug deep into my dresser and pulled out some old shirts that I haven't worn since like junior high. Some of them actually kind of fit :lol:
gRaViJa wrote:Ain't a bad idea to got to the doctor so he can give you advice on how to not get a sore knee again. i'm sure you'll get to your goal :)

I'm in week 7 now, extended my run from 21 to 24 minutes and still goes great. The 30 minutes are in my reach now. After that i'm gonna try to run the 5k faster and by the end of april i'll be entering the running competition i talked about earlier. My goal is to not finish last :p
You'll do fine. Remember, you've been training this whole time.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

dunkelfalke wrote:I cannot find my glasses. Walking without them is manageable, but riding a bike becomes too dangerous.
Know the pain, since I'm quite a Kenji without mine, but still... loosing glasses is hard, even for an extreme myope (at some point it's getting harder still, since one can't get very far from the place he left his glasses).

As for the knee-matter, I'm not so sure of my knees either lately, still it doesn't look like a doctor's problem yet. I guess I'm too heavy for my knees, and need new running shoes first thing the paycheck arrives.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

@No0ne3 - Shoes are very important. With old or worn out shoes, you could be putting unnecessary pressure on the wrong parts of your foot causing a lot of the ouch. I was using old shoes before and the difference was night and day when I switched pairs.

Week 4, day 2 finished. This was the hardest yet, but I think that's the idea. With this week I've been running faster than I have before and I paid for it today. Right from the start it felt harder to run than usual. At about 10 minutes in, I felt like death. I had to slow down in the last 5 minute run, but I made it :D Now if you'll excuse me, I have a sandwich to nom.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

NoOne3 wrote:Know the pain, since I'm quite a Kenji without mine, but still... loosing glasses is hard, even for an extreme myope (at some point it's getting harder still, since one can't get very far from the place he left his glasses).
Pretty easy for me, since I am not that shortsighted and don't need my glasses at home. So if I place them absentmindedly somewhere, they are a bitch to find. Anyway, I finally managed to find them two hours ago, after a two-day-search. Tomorrow can come :twisted:
And I need the training because there is a chance I'm getting an arrhythmia. Or, to be more precise, I already had one (pulse at 46) and there is a chance that it is there to stay.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

dunkelfalke wrote: Pretty easy for me, since I am not that shortsighted and don't need my glasses at home.
Call yourself lucky then. I'm at the point that I can't distinguish from a distance my glasses, from my GF's or my Father's. And can't really see them across the room at all.
My Father's joke about it is, that he's got it worse, since he's farsighted, and have to take a dog for a walk first, to spot his glasses, through a window.

I knew about the shoes already (although all kind of problems might be the result, not only with the foot), and that's why I'm mentioning it. Will buy new shoes before taking some doctor's precious time.

Edit:
dunkelfalke wrote:And I need the training because there is a chance I'm getting an arrhythmia. Or, to be more precise, I already had one (pulse at 46) and there is a chance that it is there to stay.
Call yourself lucky twice. Now all you need is a sweatervest. :D
And taking it more serious, aren't you rather developing a case of internetism/doctorhousism? Do you have some medical oppinion about your arhythmia?
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Well, managed to get some more exercise in last night.

I've basically settled on doing extra stretching and leg lifts and then using the stationary bike rather than running.

Last night I stayed on the week 2 segment, but instead of running/walking I would turn the resistance on the bike up and down at the appropriate intervals. It's not as much of a workout as the running/walking, but I can do it without pain and I am building up my quads in the process. So I'm going to try and move on with the exercise regimen, just using the bike instead. My doctor appointment isn't until next week (my own scheduling conflicts delayed the available time) but I don't want to just sit around until then. Hopefully the bike will be OK.
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

NoOne3 wrote:And taking it more serious, aren't you rather developing a case of internetism/doctorhousism? Do you have some medical oppinion about your arhythmia?
Yep, the doctor said that some medicine I take every day is slightly cardiotoxic and can cause arrythmia if taken for a long time. And in my case it has been five years already. The very low pulse I had was acute arrythmia. The more a reason to make Emi proud. Being ill, I'll take a break, but I got pretty fit up until now, lost a few kilos, can ride for 20 km straight.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Bigbishounen wrote:Well, managed to get some more exercise in last night.
I have to confess that I was thinking about another kind of exercise when i read that :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

gRaViJa wrote:
Bigbishounen wrote:Well, managed to get some more exercise in last night.
I have to confess that I was thinking about another kind of exercise when i read that :)
ROFL! Methinks I've been a bit too open about my sex life if that's what you are thinking... :lol: :oops:
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

dunkelfalke wrote:Yep, the doctor said that some medicine I take every day is slightly cardiotoxic and can cause arrythmia if taken for a long time.
At least you're under medical supervision, that should make us at ease.

Lots of unking shit happened to me today (thanks a lot, world), including myself pulling some muscle while stretching. Together with the knees it meant I didn't finish the run today. Anyway I decided to suspend training for a week, to cure the knees, and look around for shoes (waiting for a paycheck).
If someone asks I'm not dead, just resting.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

NoOne3 wrote:
dunkelfalke wrote:Yep, the doctor said that some medicine I take every day is slightly cardiotoxic and can cause arrythmia if taken for a long time.
At least you're under medical supervision, that should make us at ease.

Lots of unking shit happened to me today (thanks a lot, world), including myself pulling some muscle while stretching. Together with the knees it meant I didn't finish the run today. Anyway I decided to suspend training for a week, to cure the knees, and look around for shoes (waiting for a paycheck).
If someone asks I'm not dead, just resting.
Take care of yourself man. No need to go hurting yourself.

I'm prolly gonna order a new set of kicks from Zappos.com myself. I wear my regular Avia crosstrainers all over the place as my "casual shoes" and even though they aren't old, I suspect they are worn beyond the safe point for running. They are likely related to my own knee pain.
ook

Post by ook »

Just did day 1 of week 5, I'm looking forward to seeing how I do at the 21 minute run at the end.... In school I could never even run 12 minutes for the fitness tests :roll: but now I'm ready.

Sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones as far as injuries go. :( So far.
I've been going barefoot, since I normally walk around without shoes all the time except at work, so my feet are pretty built up. But it definitely makes me focus on running form and putting as little impact as possible on my feet.
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Oh no... not the dead parrot sketch. Also, week 4 complete!
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

I have come to the conclusion that knees are dumb as hell and should really have been designed better. It seems like everyone messes up their knees eventually and I dread the day I do it too.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

I have been trying to get in a workout session anyway, not so much for the weight loss, well, kinda, but more like I want to be able to have better endurance in Band and Marching band. :P
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.